Lutz's Latest Comments...

Charlotte Observer:

ā€œI donā€™t talk to people when they bring it up, because our focus is on our team,ā€ he said. ā€œIā€™m happy to be the coach where Iā€™m at, and my job is to be the best coach I can be here. ā€¦ I have not been contacted by anybody, and donā€™t really expect to be. Itā€™s all speculation.ā€

I just hate to say it, but Coachā€™s comments really freak me out. Itā€™s like heā€™s not coming right out and saying that he doesnā€™t want to go anywhere else. Almost as if he is not wanting other schoolsā€¦namely State and UVAā€¦to hear him say that he wonā€™t consider any offer.

Hopefully Coach sees the obviousā€¦those 2 schools are ā€œtrapā€ schools where he would be out in 4-5 years unless he produced a top 4 ACC team with atleast 1 Sweet 16 run in the mix. I mean, Jeff Jones did wonders at UVA for a while and was shown the door. Sendek has somewhat resurrected a dying program at State and now faces tremendous pressure on his job security.

Lutz could have it all hereā€¦he could be our Coach Kā€¦our Woodenā€¦our Knightā€¦our Dean Smithā€¦

[i]Originally posted by jbpfeen[/i]@Feb 8 2005, 10:27 PM [b]

Lutz could have it all hereā€¦he could be our Coach Kā€¦our Woodenā€¦our Knightā€¦our Dean Smithā€¦ [/b]

you canā€™t make Coach K, Wooden, or Smith $$$ here dude.

any reasonable person would walk for 5 mil/5 yearsā€¦alum or not.

playing in our sorry Catholic (no offense) conference wonā€™t help either.

NCAA run=Lutzā€™ resignation.

Dudeā€¦Metroā€¦after your Ric Flair for AD comment, I canā€™t take anything that you say seriouslyā€¦unless itā€™s along the lines of ā€œHey, Iā€™m Metro, I am a negative toolā€.

[i]Originally posted by jbpfeen[/i]@Feb 8 2005, 10:37 PM [b] Dude...Metro...after your Ric Flair for AD comment, I can't take anything that you say seriously....unless it's along the lines of "Hey, I'm Metro, I am a negative tool". [/b]
only negative about reality

nice rebuttal about facts

as for Flair, its called satire, however come to think of itā€¦he is pretty darn savvy and would probably do well.
the program is gonna die if someone doesnā€™t take it off life support.

you are the rebuttal kingā€¦flair? flair?..hilarious

Just put him in the figure-four leglock Metro, youā€™ll have him agreeing in 5 seconds flat.

For $$$'s just about any would walk and take a job.

BE HONEST HEREā€¦

Name one person you know who stayed somewhere because it was a good job while looking at big $$$'s somewhere else.

Mark Few.

The UVA job could be compelling, it is the best state university in the southeast, maybe on the east coast, there would be other things besides hoops to make it attractive. I donā€™t think we have to worry about him going to State.

Of all the offers he may/could get this one may be the one we should be most concerned with.

[i]Originally posted by vbniner[/i]@Feb 9 2005, 07:45 AM [b] For $$$'s just about any would walk and take a job.

BE HONEST HEREā€¦

Name one person you know who stayed somewhere because it was a good job while looking at big $$$'s somewhere else. [/b]

My department is being transferred to NYC and weā€™ve got plenty of people turning down the big $ and staying here. I know of two momā€™s earning six figures who are going to pull out of the workforce all together to stay with their kids.

Itā€™s all about priorities and I donā€™t see Lutz as someone who chases the $. I do see Lutz as someone effected by negative comments everytime we lose a game but I think his skin is finally getting thicker. I think he also knows that at NCSU the criticism would come at a rate of 10x the rate he receives here.

[i]Originally posted by vbniner[/i]@Feb 9 2005, 07:45 AM [b]For $$$'s just about any would walk and take a job.

BE HONEST HEREā€¦

Name one person you know who stayed somewhere because it was a good job while looking at big $$$'s somewhere else.[/b]

Coach K spurned the Lakers $8 million dollar per year deal to stay at Duke.

[i]Originally posted by vbniner[/i]@Feb 9 2005, 07:45 AM [b] For $$$'s just about any would walk and take a job.

BE HONEST HEREā€¦

Name one person you know who stayed somewhere because it was a good job while looking at big $$$'s somewhere else. [/b]

Tom Crean

Itā€™s not always about $$$, it may be so for most people but not everyone. Happiness is worth a lot more than money.

One more thing - if Lutz leaves, blame the conference situation, fan support, etc. Just understand that money will not be the reason that he departs. Iā€™m certain he could have gone elsewhere already if that were the case.

John Kresge used to get ā€œbig nameā€ school offers continuously while at College of Charleston. He stayed put. Under ā€œSelling out for big bucks, resultsā€ see Watkins, Melvin.

If I were Bobby, I would be a little leery of going to a school that just fired a coach the year after he won ACC coach of the year. If he did go there and didnā€™t produce results in the first few years, he would be gone for sure and his stock would plummet. He knows he is safe here, and he has a rising program. I think fan support is his biggest frustration at Charlotteā€¦ and one sweet sixteen run could do a lot to improve that.

I was reading the NCSU message board and some guy that supposedly has ā€œinsider informationā€ says that Sendek will get one more year. Pretty much all of the fans on the message board seem to want him gone though. There is like a 25 page thread entitled ā€˜new coach speculationā€ and Lutz is mentioned quite a few times in there.

NCSU fans could be the next version of Memphis fans. They are the 4th of the traditional Big Four teams currently, Ga Tech and Maryland are solid programs but inconsistent, Miami and Va Tech are certainly the surprises of the league halfway through the conference season, Virginia is just down right now, Clemson will always be Clemson and then you bring in Boston College next year.

Where does the Wolfpack program fit in that mix? I donā€™t know that any coach is going to provide their supporters what they want immediately.

[i]Originally posted by vbniner[/i]@Feb 9 2005, 07:45 AM [b] ... Name one person you know who stayed somewhere because it was a good job while looking at big $$$'s somewhere else. [/b]
Bob McKillop (Davidson). Just read that in an article yesterday.

the top 25 would help fan support, donā€™t lose at ecu and we are in. Like it or not the casual fan seeā€™s us lose at ecu and discredits us as a team who will pull a few upsets, but not be a real power.

I have been thinking about that. I was thinking its good to be under the radar (ORV), but I guess it does hurt fan support.

ā€¦and recruiting