Lutz's Latest Comments...

Bobby expressed his disgust with attendance sayingā€¦he would hope the fans and the city would get behind this teamā€¦but I was glad to hear him call out the ACC again. After hearing about Memphis beating UL, he said the top 6 in C-USA could hang with the ACC in a home and away.

As stated beforeā€¦Money is not the issue with Coach. Itā€™s the level of local SUPPORT and heā€™s made that clear recently.

I think heā€™s really frustrated with support and who wouldnā€™t be. But hereā€™s my thing, we have to create some sort of buzz.

A general question: if you were from out of state on business and you were just driving up 29 or 49 yesterday to your meeting and back to your hotel, would you as a casual observer know that there was a D1 college game last night? Are there signs on or around campus? Any sort of inkling that there may be a game?

I mentioned the Georgia Tech video board along I-75/85 here in Atlanta before. Great marketing tool that pays for itself. You see scores, highlights, and gaspā€¦even gametimes and opponents. My feeling is that the casual fan/transplant/anybody whoā€™s not a student/alum KNOWS NOTHING about our programā€¦and given the fact that you canā€™t pick up a 49er shirt at the biggest sports store around campus and the fact that the game is not promoted AT ALL, are big reasons why we donā€™t reach many people except our own.

Promotion, promotion, promotion. We have none and it hurts us.

Another thing, does SOAR contain any sort of tutorial on Niner hoops to incoming freshman? It didnā€™t when I was there 10 years ago and if Niner Nation and Gang Green are promoted and some sort of Niner hoops orientation is MANDATORY, then perhaps kids can see what kind of stuff is going on around campus.

Just rambling, but this has really been something that has stuck out in my mind and it would really help attendance and create a buzz.

[i]Originally posted by LeftyNiner[/i]@Feb 10 2005, 08:57 AM [b] Bobby expressed his disgust with attendance saying...he would hope the fans and the city would get behind this team....but I was glad to hear him call out the ACC again. After hearing about Memphis beating UL, he said the top 6 in C-USA could hang with the ACC in a home and away.

As stated beforeā€¦Money is not the issue with Coach. Itā€™s the level of local SUPPORT and heā€™s made that clear recently. [/b]

this is a lame duck year. limbo. pergatory, whatever you wanna call it.

we are sliding backwards whether you non realists want to admit it or not. We took two steps forward in the 90ā€™s and are now stepping back.

for the zillonth time, a new AD could pump life into Bobbyā€™s arena and program, and sell it the way it should be sold.

Bobby could be a better salesman himself. He is dry as hell. I donā€™t like Calipari, but I give him credit for selling wherever he is, and people buy the hype. Maybe Lutz should give up the ā€œaww shucksā€ routine and boast they are top 15 in a public forum from time to time.

[i]Originally posted by metro[/i]@Feb 10 2005, 04:18 PM [b] for the zillonth time, a new AD could pump life into Bobby's arena and program, and sell it the way it should be sold.

Bobby could be a better salesman himself. He is dry as hell. I donā€™t like Calipari, but I give him credit for selling wherever he is, and people buy the hype. Maybe Lutz should give up the ā€œaww shucksā€ routine and boast they are top 15 in a public forum from time to time. [/b]

Hard to argue the fact that Bobby could be a better salesman. Itā€™s kinda seemed that is trying to do that this year. His comments/opinions seem to be more visible than in past seasonsā€¦but they are still a drop in the bucket, when I consider the product that he is selling.

It is something that has left me scratching my head in past seasons. Sure, there arenā€™t many options (WFFFFFFFFFFFNZ) & for all I know he may dislike Mark Packerā€™s show. But the fact remains, he could do more to create visibility/help sell the program.