Marching Band

Drumline? ok.

Is this in addition to a local HS band or in place of?

I hope this drumline doesn’t just adopt the music script used by the pep band. Hearing the exact same music from a drumline would be painful

It’s a start.
I’m more excited it’s alumni funded more than the marching band itself. Good to see people stepping up.

Its a start… I like they they are listening and learning… The band was a non starter a year ago, now there will be a drumline. Progression

It’s a start.
I’m more excited it’s alumni funded more than the marching band itself. Good to see people stepping up.[/quote]

good point.

College marching bands usually have a name, some are good like the Pride of the Southland Marching Band (Tennessee) or Marching Thunder (Marshall), and some not good like the Sound Machine of NCCU. I was kind of hoping for the Marching Bonnies, but with Gene Johnson kicking off the funding for a Drumline should we acknowledge him with the Beating Johnsons?

Marching Prospectors?

The Jewel in the Crown Band

Everyone loves to beat their johnson

Jewel in the Crown Band has the right idea…but too many words. We know its a band.

The Crown Jewel of Charlotte.

short, simple and to the point.

On the general subject of marching band name. This will be interesting to see where it goes. Some incredibly good names and absolutely embarrassing band names across the college landscape.

Bottom line - simple is better.

The Pride of the Pickaxe

Want to piss off Chapel Hill and Columbia? Pride of the Carolina’s.

Wait someone will put some money into the marching band and then tell us what the name has to be might even be someone who doesn’t even like music.

I like the sound of the Pride of the Carolinas Marching Band. Of course that could be my Tennessee roots coming through there :slight_smile:

So if I understand where you are going with this…

Bob Johnson will appear out of nowhere (I have no idea where he is now or what he’s doing) with a check to fund the entire marching band provided they are called the…

The Bobcats of Charlotte

and our AD would accept those terms and stick us with a band name that has absolutely no common sense or value.

So if I understand where you are going with this…

Bob Johnson will appear out of nowhere (I have no idea where he is now or what he’s doing) with a check to fund the entire marching band provided they are called the…

The Bobcats of Charlotte

and our AD would accept those terms and stick us with a band name that has absolutely no common sense or value.[/quote]

#bringbackthebuzz

Roses on Parade.

Stomping Judies.

Frollicking Fros.

Pantsuit Pride.

I believe that I will listen to my all- time favorite drum line (until we start ours, of course) whilst you guys keep listing your amusing and most excellent nicknames. Enjoy!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c4S4MMvDrHg

[quote=“NinerNirvana, post:77, topic:27644”]I believe that I will listen to my all- time favorite drum line (until we start ours, of course) whilst you guys keep listing your amusing and most excellent nicknames. Enjoy!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c4S4MMvDrHg[/quote]

Without clicking the link, if this isn’t Top Secret you’re doing it wrong.

[quote=“ZombieLew, post:78, topic:27644”][quote=“NinerNirvana, post:77, topic:27644”]I believe that I will listen to my all- time favorite drum line (until we start ours, of course) whilst you guys keep listing your amusing and most excellent nicknames. Enjoy!!!

Without clicking the link, if this isn’t Top Secret you’re doing it wrong.[/quote]

You’re all doing it wrong.

[quote="-Charlotte49ers-, post:79, topic:27644"][quote=“ZombieLew, post:78, topic:27644”][quote=“NinerNirvana, post:77, topic:27644”]I believe that I will listen to my all- time favorite drum line (until we start ours, of course) whilst you guys keep listing your amusing and most excellent nicknames. Enjoy!!!

Without clicking the link, if this isn’t Top Secret you’re doing it wrong.[/quote]

You’re all doing it wrong.

Try again.