Mark Carney

http://www.espncharlotte.net/rosinski-yarbro-new-charlotte-49ers-oc-mark-carney/

Interview from 730 today

1 Like

https://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports/college/charlotte-49ers/article239724643.html

I know Carney was Healeyā€™s QB coach when he was a player, so in my head he was an old guy. Wrong! I forget that Healy hasnā€™t even been able to buy beer for very long. Probably still gets carded.

Itā€™s cool how the football coaches all hang out together. I donā€™t think anybody is making them show up to MBB games, but theyā€™re there in sweats supporting the team.

3 Likes

Yep. Healy sits on my row. :flushed::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::green_heart::pick:

Carneyā€™s anecdote about Healyā€™s time as Richmond backup QB was pretty good!

2 Likes

His play calling blows.

2 Likes

He should take most of the blame for the loss yesterday

3 Likes

Asl Learn GIF

Keep in mind thereā€™s a lot going on we donā€™t know about though it is his job to get results.

Just remember heā€™s a man like you and me, and he has never been smug to the fan base as many others have that we have gone after. In fact he seems like a very good person. Heā€™s still the guy who called plays against Duke.

Iā€™m not out on him yet.

4 Likes

Its as if some people here think they themselves are too good to lose a football game

I could never

Iā€™ve never lost a football game.

Play calling is so predictable and unimaginative. The way we run the ball youā€™d we have some big bruising back on the roster which we donā€™t.

Play calling was bad, but worse was turnovers. Worse still was not capitalizing on FAUā€™s first half play and turnovers. We could have been up 14-0 in the first quarter.

The offensive line penalties and crap blocking were offensive. We should have thrown more.

The defense was gashed in the 2nd half. Did they quit? Alot of tonightā€™s performance can be corrected

2 Likes

If the offensive line canā€™t block, doesnā€™t much matter what plays are called. They ainā€™t going to work.
Not about the exexs and ohs ā€¦

1 Like

ā€¦Jimmies and Joes. Crank up the transfer portal b/c we need help in several areas.

1 Like

I know I am the one always saying this, but I donā€™t think playcalling was that bad. Execution was terrible. Too many turnovers. Chris also running for his life a lot. Shad and Calvin made some great plays running for their own lives. Also looked like Chris was trying to play through another nagging injury. I love Chris, heā€™s one of the best players in the history of our program, and heā€™s the heart and soul of the team, but heā€™s not the same guy when heā€™s banged up. His stat line considering that was pretty remarkable.

Cruz had a particularly bad night, further complicating those issues.

It takes a long time to develop depth on the lines, and we donā€™t have it. that issue has been exposed in all three losses.

Problems are far worse on the defensive side of the ball. When teams commit to running the football, we canā€™t stop them. Thatā€™s our issue at this juncture. I think our secondary is the best itā€™s been, and our pass rush isnā€™t bad. The problem is we canā€™t showcase those things.

Play calling was bad! I agree with others, Healy needs to hire division one coaches, not friends

2 Likes

It has been bad all season.