Marquette and Charlotte

[QUOTE=metro;201067]my expectations are not that high bud:

I expect to beat UL-Laf, Northwestern, N Tex, etc.

Maybe suffer one bad loss a year, beat who you should beat [/quote]

I agreeā€¦but I also am not shocked when it doesnt happenā€¦college bball is a crazy sport. Hiccups happen

Be in the top 50 RPI.

Agree alsoā€¦but correct me if Iā€™m wrong (dont have time to look it up)ā€¦but up until last yearā€¦has that not been the case for the most part?

play defense...again like we used to be smart on the court have discipline

Agree

advance in the NCAA every 3 years or so
This is were you and me agree the most....would like to see better post season play. I dont think you will find a fan who says otherwise.
not be in the same conference with the schmucks we are now

This doesnt bother me one bitā€¦we have done this dance before. I think you play the A10 down way more than you shouldā€¦while playing the bottom of cusa up more way than you should.

be able to watch a big game like tonite on TV hear the freaking radio game (I live exactly 14 miles from center city) find some merchandise on occasion

Same as it always wasā€¦this has been a complaint for as long as I have been following the 9ers. I think the a10 fumbled on the tv deal this yearā€¦but last year we had more games on tv then we ever have before! You have a bad yearā€¦you pay the price on the TV end.

PLAY A DECENT HOME SCHEDULE

Never thought it was that bad until this year!

[QUOTE=metro;201050]Did you even watch when Colson, Demarco, Galen, and Diego were here? We were competive every night against anyone- including an OT loss to UNC in the 2nd round (could you imagine what the Vince Carter-Antwan Jamison team would do to us now???)[/QUOTE]

That magic Niner team started the season 3-5 with back to back losses to Miami and Appalachian freaking State (66-60 as I recall). They were terrible early on, Shaw was hurt, and Colson was suspended for violating team rules. (he came back for the App game but we lost anyway, before you go blaming that loss on him).

Seriously metro, whatever credibility you imagine you have making these arguments is completely destroyed with your pie in the sky revisionist history. Stop stretching so far to make a point.

I agree with you that our admin needs to take the bull by the horns more often, but the issues are NEVER as black and white as you make them out to be.

[QUOTE=NinerAdvocate;201118]That magic Niner team started the season 3-5 with back to back losses to Miami and Appalachian freaking State (66-60 as I recall). They were terrible early on, Shaw was hurt, and Colson was suspended for violating team rules. (he came back for the App game but we lost anyway, before you go blaming that loss on him).

Seriously metro, whatever credibility you imagine you have making these arguments is completely destroyed with your pie in the sky revisionist history. Stop stretching so far to make a point.

I agree with you that our admin needs to take the bull by the horns more often, but the issues are NEVER as black and white as you make them out to be.[/QUOTE]

you talking about credibility. lmfao

it is so obvious how you postā€¦
anything metro posts, disagree
anything MK and Lefty post, agree

back on topic though, that was like 98 I believe. I did not go back and break down each game. I do know this and JCL has beat it to death, we cannot afford to lose hardly at all anymore becaue the A10 does not afford any slack in the RPI. We gotta win 23 games to get a bid. The days of 18-19 win seasons, and at large are over for us.

Way to address my point.

Meanwhile, you continue to distort the facts - Iā€™m not going to say that we never got in the tournament with 18 wins, but i cant remember the last time we did. 18 wins during the regular season, plus 2-3 more in the league tournament was the normal hurdle for an at large, and even then, dumbasses like Digger would call us a bubble team. The last several niner teams that got at larges were all 20 win teams, save maybe one 19 win team.

And to continue on with a theme about your idealization of our team in CUSA, a lot of years it was a 2 bid league. We complained and complained about it, and the other league members complained even more. But to hear you tell it, CUSA sent 5 teams to the dance every year, when in reality, that maybe happened once.

Hereā€™s the point - pretty much every point youve ever made is countered by your exaggeration of the truth in historical terms, which transfers directly to your credibility regarding the current status quo. Basicly, youā€™re too fanatical to believe or trust. And youā€™re still a broken record too.

[QUOTE=NinerAdvocate;201147]Way to address my point.

Meanwhile, you continue to distort the facts - Iā€™m not going to say that we never got in the tournament with 18 wins, but i cant remember the last time we did. 18 wins during the regular season, plus 2-3 more in the league tournament was the normal hurdle for an at large, and even then, dumbasses like Digger would call us a bubble team. The last several niner teams that got at larges were all 20 win teams, save maybe one 19 win team.

And to continue on with a theme about your idealization of our team in CUSA, a lot of years it was a 2 bid league. We complained and complained about it, and the other league members complained even more. But to hear you tell it, CUSA sent 5 teams to the dance every year, when in reality, that maybe happened once.

Hereā€™s the point - pretty much every point youve ever made is countered by your exaggeration of the truth in historical terms, which transfers directly to your credibility regarding the current status quo. Basicly, youā€™re too fanatical to believe or trust. And youā€™re still a broken record too.[/QUOTE]

spoken like a true lawyer
what facts have I distorted? catalog them (I will use your language)
wtf are you talking about CUSA being a 2 bid league? you know damn well Halton was rockin from 97-02, and that is the basis for most of my arguments. Weā€™ll see how it is in January for Fordham or somebody when we are 8-7.

your MO is to argue with Metro, when you know my jist is correct and the energy is being sucked out of our program.

only in response to metros signature:

I wonder how great ECU would feel if they were UNC Greenville, and a lot of their med school accomplishments were accidentally confused with Chapel Hill