Martin Iti

I hate to post anything negative, particularly after a very good win against Marquette today. But this guy is awful. He might be worse than he was last year. His decision-making ability is suspect and his defense is awful. Don’t look at his block shots but look at how he defends on the low blocks. Nance is so up and down, but much more talented than Iti. To be honest, if it weren’t for a lack of depth at the 5 spot, we would have been ok/same if Iti had decided to turn pro (although he never would have made the NBA). His game is terrible and he has such a long way to go. I just don’t see any potential with him with all of the hype coming to Charlotte. He should play sparingly with Nance being the starter and getting most of the minutes. He might be 6’10, but he plays like he is 6’4. Even Basden is a better low-block scorer/rebounder than Iti is.

nance isnt more talented than iti. iti made some bad decisions today but he made some nice plays. good passing, the play that forced diener to dribble off his foot, he rebounded well. hes not great yet, but lets back off on him a little bit.

Iti did have a few nice rebounds and a couple of nice defensive plays… other than that I agree with you. Even though he had some good plays, there were many more times when he couldn’t grab a rebound in his area or let his man put up an uncontested shot. his offense is almost non-existant… even a wide open dunk isn’t a gimme for him.

I think Nance should be in the game a good bit more than Iti. How Iti was ever ranked #1 in high school I will never know. His game sure hasn’t developed much in the last year. I really hope he will stick around campus over the summer practicing and putting on some muscle. Until then, start Nance.

I heard Martin’s got some compromising pictures of Lutz,and has threatened to expose him if he doesn’t start.That can be the only explanation of why coach doesn’t sit him…my new name for Martin is “the evaporator”…cause thats what happens to our leads when he’s in!

I’m not going to say Iti was great for the whole game. Actually, he was bad for the first 35 minutes. But he was key in the last 4 minutes with a couple of boards, some good “d” and a couple of points.

Tintin

Write this down it is profound…

“HE IS WHAT HE IS”

I you all want to hate on someone, hate on EJ. He hasn’t shown up at all lately, minus the 4 minute span at Cincy

Ej is decent offensively, terrible defensively. I wish you could transplant BP’s hustle into EJ’s body.

[i]Originally posted by Powerbait[/i]@Jan 22 2005, 06:59 PM [b] Ej is decent offensively, terrible defensively. I wish you could transplant BP's hustle into EJ's body. [/b]
Don't go there!

Nance should be getting more min to help with rebounding. There’s no reason not to have 3 PF in the game (Nance, Curt, Iti) at times with Mitch/ Eddie and Plav.

EJ is too much of a finesse player. I agree that EJ has not shown up that much this season. Ashame they all cant play like Eddie. Same with Iti, I think he is too much of a finesse player as well. He commits too many stupid fouls which is a good thing I guess if you want him out of the game! He still reaches for the ball. Thats a BIG No No.

Iti has 2 more years to become more agile and put on some weight on his frame. I do agree Nance is a better rebounder and more agressive.

[i]Originally posted by 49erblh[/i]@Jan 22 2005, 05:27 PM [b] I hate to post anything negative, particularly after a very good win against Marquette today. But this guy is awful. He might be worse than he was last year. His decision-making ability is suspect and his defense is awful. Don't look at his block shots but look at how he defends on the low blocks. Nance is so up and down, but much more talented than Iti. To be honest, if it weren't for a lack of depth at the 5 spot, we would have been ok/same if Iti had decided to turn pro (although he never would have made the NBA). His game is terrible and he has such a long way to go. I just don't see any potential with him with all of the hype coming to Charlotte. He should play sparingly with Nance being the starter and getting most of the minutes. He might be 6'10, but he plays like he is 6'4. Even Basden is a better low-block scorer/rebounder than Iti is. [/b]
I disagree. I thought Iti had his best game yet. He did step in and help out on the low blocks on D. He's never done that before. He fought hard and got at least 5 O rebounds. He even had a nice assist. He didn't look lost. Him and Withers were getting murdered underneath, and they kept coming hard all day long. Nance and Drayton were no shows today.

Big win! I was more impressed with the team today, then I was with them @ UAB.

He’s got the worst fg % on the team, that’s bad news.

Iti did look a bit lost out there today. Not a good outing for him. His first few games showed he was much improved over last year, but I don’t think he’s really shown us anything lately. I was VERY impressed with Plav. He hustled, got rebounds, and did all the little things I didn’t expect him to. Maybe E.B. rubbed off on him some. Eddie was superman again as usual, and Curt FINALLY showed up!

Our frontcourt looked pretty good today, and they seemed to play well as a team. We were much more athletic than their frontcourt.

As with many of Lutz teams the first year JUCO guys seem to struggle when it comes to conference play. When they are seniors we usually see a big difference.

Per ESPN boxscore: ESPN Niners vs Eagles

Iti had 7 Rebounds - 6 Offensive

I’ll take that plus a few garbage baskets and a few blocks from him every game!!

Good assessment Austin, I agree.

I figured it out! EJ Drayton is CJ Pigford!

More on Iti: He still stinks, but he has improved quite a bit since last year. The way he looked at UC is the way he looked almost every game last year.

[i]Originally posted by KTown49er[/i]@Jan 22 2005, 06:10 PM [b] Per ESPN boxscore: [url=http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/boxscore?gameId=250220269]ESPN Niners vs Eagles[/url]

Iti had 7 Rebounds - 6 Offensive

I’ll take that plus a few garbage baskets and a few blocks from him every game!! [/b]

2 of Iti’s offensive boards were after a missed dunk. Then he proceeded to miss both free-throws.