Martin Iti

iti got hung on the rimā€¦ wide openā€¦ heā€™s 7 FEET TALL. Youā€™re EXPECTED to get rebounds if youā€™re that tallā€¦ all he has is the tallness. He desperately needs a strength trainer. As demonstrated at cincyā€¦ heā€™s weak. If i was him i wouldnā€™t be looking for fights like he does at home sometimes (i hope you guys have noticed that). I was watching the game down at the fox and the hound and everybody started groaning when iti was put in. Obviously coach sees something in him that i donā€™t. He plays good when he goes on his ā€œspurtsā€ā€¦ heā€™ll do really bad and then turn around and do pretty good for a couple minutes, then totally screw up againā€¦ i think he has a lack of confidence. he canā€™t shoot freethrows to save his life. i donā€™t think he made any tonightā€¦ correct me if iā€™m wrong. he really needs to improve and i donā€™t know what the NBA was thinking last year. Nance should be started over itiā€¦ iti as 6th manā€¦ what do you think?

People often complain about our program not developing players.
Well Iā€™ll tell you this: Courtney Rosengreen is far worse at it.
If we had Iti all summer, Preston would have given Martin the base he so desperately needs. As a big man, you need legs. Upper body wise, Martin is okay. But heā€™s a tooth pick below that. Something has to given. Either Courtney or our program.

I like Martin on the court but not touching the ball in the flow of the offense. Screen, pick, and rebound is all he needs to do. Something was working today for the team as a whole on offense. I donā€™t know why Nance didnā€™t play that much but something was clicking. Good job by coach today.

he hit the side of the backboard on a shit how the hell does that happen and air balls?

[b] he hit the side of the backboard on a shit [/b]

If he did THAT, Iā€™d deify him.

We are now 34-12 with this starting frontcourt and core group of guys, not sure what our road record is in that span, but these guys are winners.

If Iti didnā€™t talk about going pro so often, we could see that he is improving. I think weā€™d all be very happy if he chose to be a 4 year starter at Charlotte. I think most of our complaints arise because of his arogance.

As for player devolpment, I am very impressed with where Eddie, Curt, BP and Mitch are now, compared to where they were when they came to Charlotte. They are all much better all around palyers. I hope Iti sees this and re-evaluates his time in our program. He too will reap the benefits.

Iā€™ll drink the kool aid on everything but Martin.He looks like Gulliver from Gullivers travels out thereā€¦all the ā€œlittle peopleā€ scurrying around him.He not only doesnā€™t contribute ANY offense from 3 feet ou or beyond,but he really makes Curtis,Eddie and the other guys trying to rebounds jobs a lot harder.And on top of all thatā€¦heā€™s got 2 bricks instead of handsā€¦how many times this year have you seen eddie,curt or mitchell drive the lane,draw the defense,and feed off to Martin for what would be an easy layupā€¦IF IT DIDNā€™T BOUNCE DIRECTLY OFF HIS HANDS! Iā€™m sorryā€¦we won todayā€¦in spite of himā€¦not cause of him!

again, not my post.

[i]Originally posted by lucky57[/i]@Jan 22 2005, 06:49 PM [b] I heard Martin's got some compromising pictures of Lutz,and has threatened to expose him if he doesn't start.That can be the only explanation of why coach doesn't sit him...my new name for Martin is "the evaporator"..cause thats what happens to our leads when he's in! [/b]
hahaha.. compromising pictures?? is this a joke? lutz with another woman or something?? :P

I donā€™t think people would be so hard on Iti if he hadnā€™t come to Charlotte with so much hype and a cocky attitude. I remember reading an article where he said he planned on taking Charlotte to the Final Four in his freshman year and then he was going pro. He seems to be full of himself. Everyone knew he had no chance at going to the NBA and yet he tried to test the waters anyway. One NBA scout said he ā€œneeded a game transplant.ā€

As a fan I canā€™t stand watching him out there. Heā€™s about 2 seconds behind everyone else on every play. He gets pushed around all the time. Did anyone see the 2 shots early in the game where he just threw them up without even looking at the basket? Are you kidding me??? There was a time right after the half when we lost a 9 point lead, Iti had something to do with at least 6 points in that swing. And to get stuffed on the rim on a dunk. What a joke. Unfortunatlely we are thin at his position, so he must play. He should only be out there 5-8 minutes each game.

I hope he heard all the boos from Picassos all the way up in Milwuakee!!! Mark it down now, he will cost a game sooner or later. We win despite him!!!

Sorry, had to vent on this guy. Iā€™ve been holding back for a while now. Great win today!!! GO NINERS!!!

[i]Originally posted by Mr. Bojangles[/i]@Jan 22 2005, 10:20 PM [b] Did anyone see the 2 shots early in the game where he just threw them up without even looking at the basket? Are you kidding me???? [/b]
I just watched the replay of that on C-SET and he got absolutely MUGGED on that play (yet another no call). It looked like #35 Jackson hacked Iti so hard on the forearm that Iti couldn't do anything but flick it up in the air.

I just think everyone expects too much out of him because of the hype he got. He is doing OK and is improving. But he would have improved more if he would have stayed on campus last Summer instead of going on the NBA tour. Thereā€™s no need for everyone to be down on the guy simply because heā€™s getting bad advice from outside idiots.

Heā€™s a Niner. If he spends all Summer working on his game this off season he will make even bigger strides next year. He will get better but heā€™s not going to take us to the Final Fourā€¦it seems like some on this board want him to be Shaq right now or leave.

Heā€™s an improving Div. 1 Center. He needs PT and OffSeason work to improve. Letā€™s give him that chance and support him while heā€™s here. Again, if he grabs rebounds and blocks or alters a few shots each gameā€¦thatā€™s all we should expect for this season.

If he was as dominant of a Center like what many here want him to beā€¦he wouldnā€™t be hereā€¦Dominant centers donā€™t play college ball when the NBA is calling.

The hype he received in high school wasnā€™t the kids faultā€¦I dont blame him for thatā€¦

Now, for his lack of sense causing him to actually believe that hype and think he is an NBA player, I think thats where most of our fans get their chuckles from.

lol i wonder what Courtney Rosegreen thought about all the booing everytime the camera showed Iti. (he was at Picassoā€™s today to watch the game)

I donā€™t know what any individual thought, but itā€™s fairly easy to figure what most people think of those who boo thier own players.

[i]Originally posted by gamer[/i]@Jan 23 2005, 12:35 AM [b] I don't know what any individual thought, but it's fairly easy to figure what most people think of those who boo thier own players. [/b]
No, what do people think GAmer?

90% of University Poicsasos booded theat tool todaym, I guess all of us who brave crapppy weather to sit in a bar and watch our team donā€™t deserve to show emothion?

Trust me,. niner fans spending money in Picassos helps out the program a lot more than you think.

Wow you guys are unreal! First off this was EJā€™s first poor game. Everyone has a bad game. No one is perfect. Iti is a weapon out there even if you guys dont think so. His height is just intimidating and he has had great games this year. Could we have beaten Yale without him!?!? I dont think so. If any of you think you can walk on to our team and do better then be my guest. Untill then shut the hell up about our team. Beating #25 Marquette was huge for us. This was the turning point of our season and all you guys can do is come up with negative things. This is my challenge to you. Start looking for the good things we did in the games just as much as the bad. Basden had an awesome preformance in against Marquette and so did Plavich. Baldwin was awesome showing no fear even with his seperated shoulder still bothering him. Iti played the least of all our starters tonight and came away with 4 points and 7 rebounds. Not the best perfomance, but nothing to complain about. A win is a win. Treat it like one!

The best way to combat Gamer is to ignore his holier-than-thou, trolling ass.

I must say that I took part in the booing, but I wasnā€™t booing Iti so much as I was booing Lutz for actually putting him in the game. God, Iti sucks out loud.

[i]Originally posted by gamer[/i]@Jan 22 2005, 11:35 PM [b] I don't know what any individual thought, but it's fairly easy to figure what most people think of those who boo thier own players. [/b]
gamer, seems to me booing your own player is about the same as wearing gear of another school to a Niners game. and we have already been over that subject with you havent we. you dont have a problem wearing UNC gear to Niners games, but you turn into uber-niners fan when the subject of booing comes up :rolleyes:

All hail smeed and hjis first post.

your are a clown.