Martin Iti

[i]Originally posted by Mr. Bojangles[/i]@Jan 22 2005, 10:20 PM [b]He's about 2 seconds behind everyone else on every play.[/b]
Actually, Withers is the one ALWAYS dragging up the court a few seconds after everyone else. Just a thought.
[i]Originally posted by gamer[/i]@Jan 22 2005, 11:35 PM [b] I don't know what any individual thought, but it's fairly easy to figure what most people think of those who boo thier own players. [/b]
are you really david poole in disguise?

After about 2 games last year I realized Iti was over ranked coming out of high school. Get over it. He wonā€™t be the first or the last guy to not be ranked accurately (see Tory Reed). But donā€™t haold that against him. Take him for what he is. If he gets us 8 points and 6 rebounds, itā€™s a pretty good game for him. Donā€™t keep trying to compare him to his high school predictions.

As far as the NBA discussions, can we stop saying it was dumb? We all know heā€™s not ready. I donā€™t see the point of continuing to bring it up. I donā€™t blame him for going to the NBA draft camps. I actually think he should. Itā€™s a good way to evaluate his talent for free. Whatā€™s wrong with getting experience? As long as he doesnā€™t sign with an agent I donā€™t have a problem with it. It actually might motivate him.

[i]Originally posted by Normmm[/i]@Jan 23 2005, 01:19 AM [b] After about 2 games last year I realized Iti was over ranked coming out of high school. Get over it. He won't be the first or the last guy to not be ranked accurately (see Tory Reed). But don't haold that against him. Take him for what he is. If he gets us 8 points and 6 rebounds, it's a pretty good game for him. Don't keep trying to compare him to his high school predictions.

[/b]

Excellent points.

Alsoā€¦ like him or not, Iti is still a NINER. I wonā€™t be surprised if he turns his game around the same way Butter did.

I thought the tarhole fans were the only fans to boo their own players & coaches. We donā€™t want to be like them, do we?

Iti sucks, everyone deal with it.

Bobby made a mistake and the guy canā€™t play, period. His self-rejection was a joke and I was embarrassed for him.

Lets look at the positivesā€¦

Curtis was a man tonight, hope he is back for good

Eddie was awesome, again

Mitch is back and made everything better

We shot 50% from the FT line and won a cusa road game. Itā€™s a miracle.

[b]I won't be surprised if he turns his game around the same way Butter did. [/b]

Sorry Over, but exactly when did Butter turn his game around.?

I couldnā€™t believe how Iti got booā€™d at Picassoā€™s today. It was strange.

Iti=poor manā€™s Kwame Brown

[i]Originally posted by Smeed2000[/i]@Jan 22 2005, 11:59 PM [b] First off this was EJ's first poor game. [/b]

I wonā€™t pretend to be an EJ Drayton fan. Iā€™m a Plavich fan this year, I came around on him because he finally started playing within himself and heā€™s doing everything he can to help us win. I understand that sometimes a player needs a year to get into a system to be really effective for that team.

That said, EJā€™s only bad game of the year? He is a defensive liability, and we are in trouble a lot of times when EJ and BP are on the court. Heā€™s shooting 37% from the floor and 25% from behind the arc. Heā€™s 6-8, plays 25 minutes and only has 4 rebounds a game. His assist/TO ratio isnā€™t too bad for a big man, but heā€™s supposed to be points of the bench, and heā€™s not getting it done there. Honestly, for a bench player as bad as he is defensively, he should be at least in double digits scoring for the number of minutes he plays. His fouls arenā€™t even hard, they are almost always ticky-tacky fouls or fouls because he is out of position.

He has a lot of potential, and could potentially have big games. He reminds me of a cross between Curtis Nash and Butter Johnson minus the defensive intensity. I donā€™t get where everyone has this idea that heā€™s such a great scorer. Heā€™s a 6-8 wing that doesnā€™t shoot the 3 ball particularly well (so far) and takes a lot of bad shots.

Iā€™m not giving up hope on him, but heā€™s really not living up to the hype at all. Heā€™s been a major disappointment to me, because a guy that big should be pounding the boards and be able to score downlow.

I wonā€™t post a breakdown of his other poor games, but if you think this was his first, we have a different idea of what a good game is.

[i]Originally posted by UNCCTF[/i]@Jan 23 2005, 12:59 AM [b] God, Iti sucks out loud. [/b]
I would guess sucking out loud would sound like the noise you make booing your own players.

Once again, gamer, who has admitted to wearing UNC gear to Niners games, is compaining about us booing Iti. What a joke. Gamer no one who comes to Niners games decked out in other schoolā€™s gear is a real Niner fan, get over yourself.

I was booing, but I was booing the fact that Lutz was putting Iti back in the game, not necessarily booing Iti. Some might see that as the same thing though, I dont.

[i]Originally posted by 49erpi[/i]@Jan 23 2005, 02:03 AM [b]
[b]I won't be surprised if he turns his game around the same way Butter did. [/b]

Sorry Over, but exactly when did Butter turn his game around.?

I couldnā€™t believe how Iti got booā€™d at Picassoā€™s today. It was strange. [/b]

Perhaps ā€œturning his game aroundā€ was not the best term to use regarding Butter. Perhaps ā€œgetting his act togetherā€ would have been a butter phraseā€¦ I mean better phrase.

My point was that Iti still has lots of potential. There is still much room for improvement. If that improvement would materialize, we could have one great team.

Even Tim Duncan was not a dominating player until about halfway through his sophomore year. He started hs college career as a ā€œgoodā€ player, but wasnā€™t considered ā€œgreatā€ his first year.

I agree that Iti has been disappointing, but there is still hope.

Fans who boo thier own team are losers, regardless of the outcome of the game.

[i]Originally posted by gamer[/i]@Jan 23 2005, 11:53 AM [b] Fans who boo thier own team are losers, regardless of the outcome of the game. [/b]
Fans who wear UNC crap to NINERS GAMES shouldnt even be let through the door
[i]Originally posted by gamer[/i]@Jan 23 2005, 11:53 AM [b] Fans who boo thier own team are losers, regardless of the outcome of the game. [/b]
Is it true that your identty is really david poole, the self proclaimed Niner hater?
[i]Originally posted by Over40NINER[/i]@Jan 23 2005, 12:53 PM [b]

Even Tim Duncan was not a dominating player until about halfway through his sophomore year. He started hs college career as a ā€œgoodā€ player, but wasnā€™t considered ā€œgreatā€ his first year.

I agree that Iti has been disappointing, but there is still hope. [/b]

Thats a good point.

Regardless of the development of Iti, he is an important part of this team, and anyone who pulls for the team should be pulling for all the players. Boobirds belong at wrestling matches.

[i]Originally posted by gamer+Jan 23 2005, 12:01 PM-->
[b]QUOTE[/b] (gamer @ Jan 23 2005, 12:01 PM)

Iā€™ve got to say gamerā€™s right for once. You donā€™t boo your own. Iā€™ve got a big problem with that.

Iti will get better.

[i]Originally posted by Over40NINER[/i]@Jan 23 2005, 12:58 PM [b] Is it true that your identty is really david poole, the self proclaimed Niner hater? [/b]
Your reasoning is that someone who hates to hear niner (fans?) booing thier team is a Niner hater?

personally i think someone who wears Tar Heels gear to a NINERS game is a hater

[i]Originally posted by Chisox17[/i]@Jan 23 2005, 12:57 PM [b] Fans who wear UNC crap to NINERS GAMES shouldnt even be let through the door [/b]
I would never boo the niners, but those who are into that could at least come dressed in another teams garb. People who boo thier own team sound like haters don't they?