Maryland Message Board

[QUOTE=Over40NINER;280724][QUOTE=jayhawkwannabe;280645]I agree record wise Charlotte is not far behind itsā€™ ACC big brothers, but from and accolades standpoint WFU is far superior. The Decs have produced 4 ACC POY, 3 ACC Coachā€™s of the Year, 10 1st team ACC performers and 5 1st Team AA in the past 15 years. No bad for the smallest school in the Mother of All Basketball playing conferences.

Charlotte got the best of them this year and I hope to see the two teams play in the future.[/QUOTE]

I nominate this for one of the 10 most stupid posts of all time on NNN. Using this standard of measurement, Syracuse, UConn, Florida, UCLA, and any other team does not measure up.[/QUOTE]

I second this. GayHawk, that is the dumbest post Iā€™ve ever seen, and I have read most of SCKā€™s postsā€¦

Sorry guys that I have not responded to the comments concerning how WFU and Charlotte match up basketball programs, I was too busy watching Kansas win the Orange Bowl. Not a bad accomplishment for a school known for itsā€™ basketball program. The point of my post was Wake, of all of the ACC teams, is probably not the one Charlotte should be comparing themselves to. From an enrollment standpoint with Charlotte having nearly 19,000 students, the Niners 1/9 foe Clemson should serve as a better comparison. Charlotte has accopmlished more the the Tigers have in the past 15 years.

I understand that Charlotte does not, and by the comments in other threads, hope they never will play in the ACC. Due to the fact I could not locate an online version of the Niner media guide I was unable to see what type of AA, POY and COY accolades Charlotte has received the last 15.

By no means was I trying to demean Charlotteā€™s place in the basketball history, I was merely stating WFU has had pretty good success especially in the past 15 years.

[QUOTE=jayhawkwannabe;280775]Charlotte has accopmlished more the the Tigers have in the past 15 years. [/QUOTE] Ya think?

And can you explain what a Kansas fan is doing on the Niner board? Shouldnā€™t you be reading up on next yearā€™s wheat harvest?

Iā€™ll agree that Wake has had a lot of [B]individual[/B] accolades for the last 15 years, but theyā€™ve done little with it on a program level, IMHO. Theyā€™ve had players like Randolph Childress, Tim Duncan, Rodney Rodgers, Darius Songaila, Josh Howard, Loren Woods and Chris Paul and what have they done with it? Yes, the awards you list are all great accomplishments but theyā€™re individual accomplishments. Theyā€™ve still made as many Final Fours as us and didnā€™t sniff the Final Four with any of the talent above.

Sorry guys that I have not responded to the comments concerning how WFU and Charlotte match up basketball programs, I was too busy watching Kansas win the Orange Bowl. Not a bad accomplishment for a school known for its' basketball program.

It was a nice win. I bet if you were a Jayhawk you would really be pleased as punch huh?

If only you were a Jayhawk.

I understand that Charlotte does not, and by the comments in other threads, hope they never will play in the ACC.

I hope we do. A lot of our conference away games would be within reasonable driving distance. LETā€™S DO ITTTTTTTTTT!

I personally would much rather play in the Big East or SEC.

I personally would much rather play in the Big East or SEC.

I agree. But the close conference games would be nice though.

[QUOTE=cibik02;280951]I hope we do. A lot of our conference away games would be within reasonable driving distance. LETā€™S DO ITTTTTTTTTT![/QUOTE]

I wouldnā€™t mind being in the ACC, I just donā€™t think itā€™s going to happen. They would have to expand to 14 teams, and who else are they going to take? Why would they want us anyway? They donā€™t need a foothold in NC.

At least if we were in the SEC of the Big East, our football program would have a chance of success. The only good teams in the ACC came from the Big Eastā€¦

Another brilliant post from the Maryland board concerning Charlotte favored in the line:

...underdog at Charlotte is pretty bad. I figured just the name "Maryland" would have made us 2 point favorites in this one.

[QUOTE=Powerbait;280954]ā€¦being in the ACC, I just donā€™t think itā€™s going to happenā€¦they donā€™t need a foothold in NCā€¦[/QUOTE] Yea. And according to you-know-who, the acc already has 4 teams from the ā€œCharlotte regionā€. :rolleyes: