Matthew Atewe - 2013 F offer

6’9 PF that’s going to Notre Dame Prep in MA, we’ve offered. Took an unofficial to St. Bona.

http://blogs.kansas.com/kstated/2012/08/29/power-forward-matt-atewe-to-visit-k-state/

ESPN Insider blog about him visiting K-State:

2013 Power forward visiting K-State

According to [url=http://blogs.kansas.com/kstated/2012/08/29/power-forward-matt-atewe-to-visit-k-state/]a story today[/url] by Kellis Robinett of The Kansas City Star, 6-foot-9 power forward [url=http://espn.go.com/college-sports/basketball/recruiting/player/_/id/127704/matthew-atewe]Matt Atewe[/url] (Fitchburg, Mass./Notre Dame Prep) will soon take a visit to Kansas State.

Robinett writes that Atewe has offers from K-State, Marquette, Memphis, St. Bonaventure, Auburn, [size=3]Charlotte[/size], Nevada and Dayton, but his trip to Manhattan on Sept. 14 will be his first official visit. From the sounds of things, it’s Atewe’s athleticism and defense that has so many school interested in him.

“He passes everyone’s eye test,” said Notre Dame Prep coach Ryan Hurd, talking to the newspaper. “He is a legit 6-9. End line to end line, you’re not going to find anyone faster than him. Defensively he is superior to most anyone inside with his ability to block shots. His rebounding is where it should be. Offensively, he needs to slow the game down.”

Visiting Kansas St tomorrow.

Matt Atewe (2013 6’9 PF #NPH #4-ranked Canadian Prospect)says he’ll visit Charlotte next week,followed by Memphis Oct 12. Both have offered.

Memphis will be out of the running now, just had commit from Kuran Iverson a top 100 combo forward.

Any word on how his visit may have gone here?

I think the visit would be this weekend.

He’s looking to commit on Nov 28th, his mother’s birthday.

Update: Atewe told me the date hasn’t been set, however he will definitely visit Charlotte.

[quote=“2k, post:7, topic:26907”]I think the visit would be this weekend.

He’s looking to commit on Nov 28th, his mother’s birthday.[/quote]

Anybody have a Birthday that day? Get on it.

Houston offered a few days ago.

Visited Auburn over the weekend.

Seems like Atewe is going to go in another direction. We really can’t land anyone this year. Given that we are losing three bigs next year and seeing the freshmen start, one would think recruits somewhere would be looking at that in a positive light. All we can do now is keep winning and hope to change some of these potential recruits minds by the spring time.

Seems like Atewe is going to go in another direction. We really can’t land anyone this year. Given that we are losing three bigs next year and seeing the freshmen start, one would think recruits somewhere would be looking at that in a positive light. All we can do now is keep winning and hope to change some of these potential recruits minds by the spring time.[/quote]

3 bigs? I thought Braz and Ilja were the only ones. We still have Lester coming in so that will add depth to the rotation for smaller lineups. Major could reach for a stop gap JC big. We could be very small against some teams with Clayton anchoring time when Thorne is out. Regardless, I would not have expected a 6-10 big to play considerate minutes here at center as a freshmen anyway.

Seems like Atewe is going to go in another direction. We really can’t land anyone this year. Given that we are losing three bigs next year and seeing the freshmen start, one would think recruits somewhere would be looking at that in a positive light. All we can do now is keep winning and hope to change some of these potential recruits minds by the spring time.[/quote]

3 bigs? I thought Braz and Ilja were the only ones. We still have Lester coming in so that will add depth to the rotation for smaller lineups. Major could reach for a stop gap JC big. We could be very small against some teams with Clayton anchoring time when Thorne is out. Regardless, I would not have expected a 6-10 big to play considerate minutes here at center as a freshmen anyway.[/quote]

We are also going to lose JTT after this year. We could certainly use a C, but we NEED a 6’9 PF to replace Braz. Probably one more PF for depth as well.

I’d only see us as losing 2 bigs, lets remember that JTT isn’t a big guy so Clark/Clayton can eat his minutes. Main thing is to replace Braz, hopefully we’re in the mix with Atewe we just haven’t heard about it. Or hopefully we’re in good with a solid JUCO to backfill for Braz.

Can we really count Ilja as losing a big? The guy never sees the floor anyway so we’re not really losing anything with him leaving.

He’s there if we need him. JTT is only 6-6 and has 2 bad knees. Not a big force down low. Next year the center spot is Thorne and Clayton, but Clayton will have a hard time against 6-10/6-11.

JTT has given us some good PT and Ivan is at least there if we need him. We need some PF’s or C’s probably One C and one PF and maybe another PF or SF would be ideal.

We also need size. These kids need to be at least a legit 6’7". Not 6’7" while wearing shoes with inserts in them.

Commits to Alcorn State.

lol no just kidding. But that’s EXACTLY what I’ve come to expect these days… ugh.

[quote=“Chisox17, post:19, topic:26907”]Commits to Alcorn State.

lol no just kidding. But that’s EXACTLY what I’ve come to expect these days… ugh.[/quote]

[size=7]GULAG[/size]