Mavs or Heat

Fire away.

I’m rooting for the heat. Mavs are obviously in a great spot now. They’ve done a phenomenal job on Bron.

Why the hell is mike bibby playing? Use chalmers and Eddie house as PGs

HEAT should of won in 4 but hope the MAVS can close it out in Miami.

CAVS4MAVS!!!

[quote=“2k, post:2, topic:25471”]I’m rooting for the heat. Mavs are obviously in a great spot now. They’ve done a phenomenal job on Bron.

Why the hell is mike bibby playing? Use chalmers and Eddie house as PGs[/quote]

You used to be my favorite :frowning:

I’m rooting for the team Dwayne Wade is on.

Lets Go Mavs! First of all I don’t see how you couldn’t root for Dirk, unless you are a Lakers fan, 2nd of all, the Heat are a bunch of overpaid under-performing crybabies.

Go heat.

I am in no way a Miami Heat fan and am rooting for the Mavs, but your statement doesn’t make any sense.

Wade and James are perennial all-stars, 1st-Team 2nd-Team NBA players. James has 2 MVPs, Wade an NBA Title and a Finals MVP, Bosh is an all-star type player. They won almost 60 games in their first season and made it to the NBA Finals with a chance to still win it all.

They all took less money than they could have elsewhere.

How is that overpaid and under-performing?

I’m rooting for the Mavs unless Powerbait starts pulling for them.

I am in no way a Miami Heat fan and am rooting for the Mavs, but your statement doesn’t make any sense.

Wade and James are perennial all-stars, 1st-Team 2nd-Team NBA players. James has 2 MVPs, Wade an NBA Title and a Finals MVP, Bosh is an all-star type player. They won almost 60 games in their first season and made it to the NBA Finals with a chance to still win it all.

They all took less money than they could have elsewhere.

How is that overpaid and under-performing?[/quote]

Let’s not act like they took some drastic amount less… but otherwise I don’t think you’re far off. I think Bosh shouldn’t be getting more than Wade, but still.

I think it’s BS the Mavs fans didn’t make a poll until the Mavs were up 3-2. Where were y’all when the Heat led 1-0 or 2-1, or when it was tied 0-0, 1-1, or 2-2?

[quote=“Ninerballin, post:7, topic:25471”]Lets Go Mavs! First of all I don’t see how you couldn’t root for Dirk, unless you are a Lakers fan, 2nd of all, the Heat are a bunch of overpaid under-performing crybabies.[/quote]Dirk cries just as much as anyone else.

Sure, but he also takes his team on his back is clutch. He also stuck with the Mavs through thick and thin, not jumping to the Lakers or another team where he could’ve easily jumped on to win a championship.

LeBron betrayed his hometown and so did Wade. Wade specifically interviewed with the Bulls last offseason so he could get a gist of what they were doing in the offseason, what type of pitch they were pushing to go back and tell the Heat. He had no intention whatsoever in leaving Miami, which is fine, but don’t make out like you are possibly leaving.

Bosh is soft and always will be. He has no interest of being a post player.

Why didn’t you make a poll when the Heat were up 1-0 or 2-1?

The Heat will be back…probably next year. Some of their strongest challenges in the East are either past their prime (Bos) or about to fall apart/be restructured (Orlando). The Mavs are on their way out, with Kidd and Nowitzki both aging. Terry’s definitely not getting any younger or better, either. No way Chandler replicates what he did this year if he can even stay healthy and they won’t keep two starting centers (Haywood). If the Mavs lose, Kidd retires without a championship and odds are Dirk won’t get one either. I’d much rather see them win it than Miami two or three times in a row (although I’m sure the Thunder will have something to say about that and are a very tough matchup for the Heat [IE they have a big man and a PG]). Go Mavs. The pressure is really on Miami in G6. Dallas needs to take advantage and finish them off. If it gets to 7, Dallas is in big trouble.

Whoops…forgot to add…I’m not a huge fan of the way things were handled with Miami, but Dirk is making more than anyone on that team by about 3 mil…and he always will the way the contracts are structured. Just goes to show the press/“decisions” surrounding it makes all the difference.

[quote=“ninerball49, post:16, topic:25471”]The Heat will be back…probably next year. Some of their strongest challenges in the East are either past their prime (Bos) or about to fall apart/be restructured (Orlando). The Mavs are on their way out, with Kidd and Nowitzki both aging. Terry’s definitely not getting any younger or better, either. No way Chandler replicates what he did this year if he can even stay healthy and they won’t keep two starting centers (Haywood). If the Mavs lose, Kidd retires without a championship and odds are Dirk won’t get one either. I’d much rather see them win it than Miami two or three times in a row (although I’m sure the Thunder will have something to say about that and are a very tough matchup for the Heat [IE they have a big man and a PG]). Go Mavs. The pressure is really on Miami in G6. Dallas needs to take advantage and finish them off. If it gets to 7, Dallas is in big trouble.

Whoops…forgot to add…I’m not a huge fan of the way things were handled with Miami, but Dirk is making more than anyone on that team by about 3 mil…and he always will the way the contracts are structured. Just goes to show the press/“decisions” surrounding it makes all the difference.[/quote]

They are all Max Contract players, Dirk makes more due to the timing of his deal and the fact the Miami guys took a little less to make it work. Doesn’t change the fact they have acted like douches from day 1.

The East is only going to get more difficult for the Heat. The Bulls are only going to get better once they can get a better SG. If the Knicks land Deron Williams, they could be arguably better on paper than the Heat, because their “Big 3” would actually complement each other, and even if Williams sticks with the Nets the Knicks should still pose a challenge to the Heat, which would also mean that the Nets would add a superstar to go with Williams.

The new CBA will really dictate how things move forward.

Why didn’t you make a poll when the Heat were up 1-0 or 2-1?[/quote]

Bingo! Just goes to show that people will bitch about anything.

The point of the poll was that prior to the finals starting, the Heat were the favorites to win it. Now that the Mavs are up 3-2 and the Heat are back home, do people still think the Heat will pull it out? The intent wasn’t some sort of smack talk.

Really, really want the Mavs to win…but could easily see Miami coming back in this one. Really, it has been a nip and tuck series.

Mavs play better as a team, Miami has more individual talent. Its an interesting series.

Game 6 opened at Miami -6, it is now only -5.

Interesting.