Mavs or Heat

Game 6 is very likely to be a refereeing travesty, too much money for the NBA at stake. A lot of people (betting on this game) have apparently forgotten about the stuff that came out during the Donaghy scandal, particularly how the league would influence referee biases. Maybe Dallas can overcome that, but I doubt it.

Game 7, I don’t know, Dallas might pull it off if Nowitzki has an incredible game.

Sure, but he also takes his team on his back is clutch. He also stuck with the Mavs through thick and thin, not jumping to the Lakers or another team where he could’ve easily jumped on to win a championship.

LeBron betrayed his hometown and so did Wade. Wade specifically interviewed with the Bulls last offseason so he could get a gist of what they were doing in the offseason, what type of pitch they were pushing to go back and tell the Heat. He had no intention whatsoever in leaving Miami, which is fine, but don’t make out like you are possibly leaving.

Bosh is soft and always will be. He has no interest of being a post player.[/quote]
First of all LeBron is from Akron- not Cleveland.

Secondly, some people act like Wade, Bosh and James broke the law. I still haven’t figued out what they did wrong. I didn’t know people had the right to tell other people what to do and where to work. The whole spectacle of “The Decision” was kinda silly but if you didn’t want to watch turn it off.

I have no idea how anyone has a significant beef with Lebron moving (and isn’t a Cleveland fan). The Decision was god awful, but that’s it. It’s the NBA. It’s PRO ball. If it isn’t working well enough somewhere for you, you should leave. You can’t just hang around to be a nice guy. 7 years was plenty. Whether YOU think it was “working well enough for him” or not is irrelevant. HE didn’t think it was working well enough for him. Also, who the heck would rather live in Cleveland over Miami?

Beef with Miami for acquiring 2 great players? It’s PRO ball, and it’s the NBA.

Beef with Dwayne Wade? For what?? Dude’s the bomb.

I have a problem with how Lebron “The King” James thinks of himself and how the media has made him to be this almighty figure. He has won plenty of individual awards, but no significant team awards. He has played in 9 finals games so far…won 2. I don’t really care who wins, but I would not mind seeing Kidd and Dirk get a ring. Guys have done a lot for the league.

I guess the Miami Heat will have to wait another year to begin their dynasty.

I got the Mavs in six.

Miami played terrible. Did not deserve to win at all. To be a champion, gotta play like it, and Dallas did.

[quote=“49or bust, post:23, topic:25471”]I have no idea how anyone has a significant beef with Lebron moving (and isn’t a Cleveland fan). The Decision was god awful, but that’s it. It’s the NBA. It’s PRO ball. If it isn’t working well enough somewhere for you, you should leave. You can’t just hang around to be a nice guy. 7 years was plenty. Whether YOU think it was “working well enough for him” or not is irrelevant. HE didn’t think it was working well enough for him. Also, who the heck would rather live in Cleveland over Miami?

Beef with Miami for acquiring 2 great players? It’s PRO ball, and it’s the NBA.

Beef with Dwayne Wade? For what?? Dude’s the bomb.[/quote]

Really? I seem to remember one Dirk Nowitzski hanging around in Dallas. Worked out pretty damn good for him. That’s something refreshing to see, a guy who sticks with a franchise rather than bolting and teaming up with a few guys to win a NBA championship. This isn’t baseball where a team can come in and offer a guy millions more than the hometown team can pay him. Lebron could’ve acutally made more money in Cleveland, his brand was big, not so much anymore.

Lebron has been hurt by the move to Miami. He may or may not get a ring, but to go on national TV and crush the hopes and dreams of an entire city the way he did, I lost respect and admiration for him. I hope the guy never wins a title.

[size=4]"All the people that were rooting me on to fail, at the end of the day they have to wake up tomorrow and have the same life they had before,” James said. “They have the same personal problems they had to today. I’m going to continue to live the way I want to live and continue to do the things that I want with me and my family and be happy with that.”

• LeArod
    [/size]

[quote=“Charlotte2002, post:29, topic:25471”]"All the people that were rooting me on to fail, at the end of the day they have to wake up tomorrow and have the same life they had before,” James said. “They have the same personal problems they had to today. I’m going to continue to live the way I want to live and continue to do the things that I want with me and my family and be happy with that.”

• LeArod[/quote]

He is correct. You know that, right?

And Arod has a ring

[quote=“Charlotte2002, post:29, topic:25471”][size=1.45em]"All the people that were rooting me on to fail, at the end of the day they have to wake up tomorrow and have the same life they had before,” James said. “They have the same personal problems they had to today. I’m going to continue to live the way I want to live and continue to do the things that I want with me and my family and be happy with that.”

• LeArod
    [/size][/quote] He is correct. He also needs to STFU. If anyone was rooting for him to fail it was probably because he comes off as thinking of himself as the center of the universe, whether he really does or not. Saw a tweet that Dallas has declared today to be"Lebron" Day. Everyone gets to leave work 12 minutes early!

[quote=“hootie, post:30, topic:25471”]He is correct. You know that, right?

And Arod has a ring[/quote]

Ok. He’s correct.

To release a statement means he’s even more narcissistic than we thought or it bothers him despite saying otherwise. Lebron, shut up and work on your game.

[quote=“Ninerballin, post:28, topic:25471”]Really? I seem to remember one Dirk Nowitzski hanging around in Dallas. Worked out pretty damn good for him. That’s something refreshing to see, a guy who sticks with a franchise rather than bolting and teaming up with a few guys to win a NBA championship. This isn’t baseball where a team can come in and offer a guy millions more than the hometown team can pay him. Lebron could’ve acutally made more money in Cleveland, his brand was big, not so much anymore.

Lebron has been hurt by the move to Miami. He may or may not get a ring, but to go on national TV and crush the hopes and dreams of an entire city the way he did, I lost respect and admiration for him. I hope the guy never wins a title.[/quote] It’s Lebron’s decision what is good for him, not Dirk’s. Apparently Lebron didn’t feel that Cleveland was that. I don’t think he wanted to wait 13 NBA seasons to win a ring and didn’t see that happening in Cleveland soon enough. If Lebron hasn’t won a title in the next 5 seasons, the point about it working well for Dirk will be worth something. Also, Dallas is a lot easier place to stay than Cleveland (the cities).

I don’t understand why it is on Lebron to carry these peoples’ dreams. He gave them 7 years. At some point he’s got to do what he thinks is best for his career. Apparently he cares more about winning than money.

Anyways, I reeeaaally care very little about this. You can respond, but if I do it’ll be short. I just like debate haha. I’m a DWade fan is all. I could give 2 shits about Lebron.

[quote=“NLP, post:32, topic:25471”][quote=“hootie, post:30, topic:25471”]He is correct. You know that, right?

Ok. He’s correct.

Lebron, shut up and work on your game.[/quote]

He needs to work on his jumpshot and his clock management.

Lebron is a douche. With that said I don’t really fault him for chasing a ring - lots of players do it. they just typically wait to later in their career to do it and they don’t do it the way he did it. The TV show is what really I think stoked most people’s hate. You want to chase a ring elsewhere - well man up and tell the Cav’s you aren’t coming back. I have no idea who advises him, if anyone, but is obvious they have no connection to the fans or the public.

The man has immense talent and likely COULD be the best ever. He just doesn’t seem to have the heart or the mental make up to make it reality. What separates the greats from the all time greats is not talent, but their mental make up. I mean hell Lebron isnt even the leader of the Heat. The Heat are Wade’s team. Part of what makes great players even greater is the battles they have to have to reach the top. Do they shrink from the challenge or do they face it head on. We know Lebron tried to take a short cut. So far it hasn’t worked out.

Will be interesting to see if the new collective bargaining agreement will force the heat to break up. If there is a hard cap set low enough 3 max contracts might not be doable and if I am the heat I will take Bosh and Wade and send Lebron packing.

[quote=“hootie, post:30, topic:25471”][quote=“Charlotte2002, post:29, topic:25471”]"All the people that were rooting me on to fail, at the end of the day they have to wake up tomorrow and have the same life they had before,” James said. “They have the same personal problems they had to today. I’m going to continue to live the way I want to live and continue to do the things that I want with me and my family and be happy with that.”

• LeArod[/quote]

He is correct. You know that, right?

I meant the pre-Kate Hudson ARod, where he would always come up small in a big spot and would do / say the dumbest things that only made him come across even worse. That was just too much to put with the quote.

While what he said is true, he has brought it upon himself and saying things like that is only going to add more fuel to the fire.

He clearly has a false sense of reality, but it is all he knows, since he was crowned before he accomplished anything.

[quote=“NinerWupAss, post:35, topic:25471”]Lebron is a douche. With that said I don’t really fault him for chasing a ring - lots of players do it. they just typically wait to later in their career to do it and they don’t do it the way he did it. The TV show is what really I think stoked most people’s hate. You want to chase a ring elsewhere - well man up and tell the Cav’s you aren’t coming back. I have no idea who advises him, if anyone, but is obvious they have no connection to the fans or the public.

The man has immense talent and likely COULD be the best ever. He just doesn’t seem to have the heart or the mental make up to make it reality. What separates the greats from the all time greats is not talent, but their mental make up. I mean hell Lebron isnt even the leader of the Heat. The Heat are Wade’s team. Part of what makes great players even greater is the battles they have to have to reach the top. Do they shrink from the challenge or do they face it head on. We know Lebron tried to take a short cut. So far it hasn’t worked out.

Will be interesting to see if the new collective bargaining agreement will force the heat to break up. If there is a hard cap set low enough 3 max contracts might not be doable and if I am the heat I will take Bosh and Wade and send Lebron packing.[/quote]

Agree with almost all of this, but you keep Bosh and Wade and send LeBron on his way? Can’t say I agree with that.

People act like LBJ’s career just ended- hell he’s what 27? He needs to stop defering the ball to DWade IMO.

All of that said, congrats to Dallas, I’m ok with them winning it. At the end of the day, I really don’t care that much about NBA Hoops, just something to distract me from real life for a minute or two.

Truthfully the only thing I even care about is James shutting up fools like Skip Bayless who constantly bash the guy for doing what I think is nothing wrong.

LeBron’s +/- game by game for the series:

Game 1: +9
Game 2: -5
Game 3: +1
Game 4: -6
Game 5: -11
Game 6: -24

Total = -36

That’s not exactly a stat line you would expect to see from a player who some proclaim to be the best player ever.

At least LBJ doesn’t hit women like Kidd. :))

Well it seems like Bosh and Wade compliment each other better. I wouldn’t trade Wade - the dude is a player. So the question then is do you keep Lebron or Bosh - and I just think Bosh fits the role better. No question though that Lebron has more talent. Just think booting Lebron and picking up a few more pieces for the bench would do wonders.