Merchandise

So I heard back today and this issue has been forwarded on to people that can help. Nice to see a proactive athletic department at work.

There is a ton of stuff here:

I want these in Green with pick axes.

Thatā€™s way more options than I could find anywhere elseā€¦thanks!

Mrs Nugget sews, and she bought some custom fabric with a logo on it for a project. I didnā€™t know you could do this. If you know somebody that can sew you a pair of pants, you could make this happen.

Imgur

The also do wallpaper. I think the master bedroom would look great in green!

Imgur

1 Like

Will keep this in mind for after the rebrand!

I keep hearing about a rebrand - is there info I can look into? Thanks

News about rebrand probably wonā€™t be for another year.

Really just that Mike Hill has mentioned several times there is an ongoing branding assessment for Athletics.

Gotcha - I would certainly be for it! As we as a university lack tradition, I believe a more classic approach/style in branding could help with (at the very least) attribute to a feeling of having tradition. Exciting stuff.

Good opportunity to express our concerns:

Yā€™all have seen me talk about a BSN store. I often wonder why we canā€™t do something like this.

http://sideline.bsnsports.com/schools/north_carolina/concord/concord-high-school?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=bts19

Good God man. Concord High has better gear than us. I went to the bookstore before the UMass game and itā€™s an embarrassment the way our gear looks. If they print ā€œNiner Nationā€ or ā€œGo Ninersā€ or whatever down the sleeve of a longsleeve T-shirt again, they should just burn down the building. We may be progressing in the athletic dept with Hill, but our merchandising is still pathetic.

2 Likes

Shoot! Just had a Niner friend have a baby about 6 months ago and I didnā€™t know about this site at the time. Ended up going to Target about 3 times, hoping something nice would come in.

Itā€™s not healthy to hold back. Tell us how you really feel.

The Athletic Department doesnā€™t have to go to the bookstore for Niner gear, they get it all free from Nike, etc. Maybe if we gave them each a $35 gift card to the Bookstore, and told them to go buy a shirt to wear to the next game they would see the problem.

1 Like

The AD does see this as a problem and is aware of it. This group understands branding unlike the previous regime. I have no doubt they are working on things and probably balancing making a stink now vs focusing on rebranding and then making their push.

I completely understand this, but man I wish it would hurry up. Everything the coaches, players and AD wears now is the nice looking C pick on neatly designed shirts, but all we can get is crap. I would drop big money on merchandise if it looked worth a darn. I dont think we need to wait for the rebrand. Thatā€™s too far out.

1 Like

This isnā€™t true.

Gotta make three points.

1. you can set up a BSN store like the one linked above with 20 minutes and a BSN rep.

2. itā€™s not logical to fix merchandising until the branding is fixed.

3. if you think our gear is free, even for players and coaches you need to think again. UNC and Oregon May not be paying for gear but I can assure you that is the minority. Such is the life of the G5, and most of the P5.