Michael Beasley - 2007 (Ranked #2 overall)

from washingtonpost.com

[b] No. 2 RIVERDALE BAPTIST 95, JERICHO 41

J (8-7) – Henry 13, Harmon 8, Collier 4, Day 4, Walker 4, McGauley 3, Henry 2, Stewart 2, Sutton 1. Totals 15 10-19 41.

RB (19-2) – Beasley 42, Sweetney 20, Avery 7, Jones 7, Wilson 7, Burkes 5, Clegg 5, Collins 2. Totals 37 15-24 95.

Halftime: Riverdale Baptist, 41-16.

Three-point goals: J (Henry); RB 6 (Beasley 4, Jones, Wilson). [/b]

while this is pretty amazing it is yet more proof that unless some rules are made in the NBA this kid never wears a Charlotte 49ers uniform.

New article on NinerReport about Beasley and him enjoying our success this year. Even has a tidbit about Smith. Have to be a member, though.Link

Nice update. He already considers himself a Niner. Eddie’s rise to fame certainly doesn’t hurt our chances.

Oh yeah, Eddie has put us out there. We win and they come.

NBADraft.net has added a profile of him. Some interesting assesments of him from an NBA point of view.

Riverdale Baptist High School produces another stud athlete in Beasley. You should see their baseball team- 55 game schedule every year. Started this year in Hawaii. Always nationally ranked. Haven’t seen this years ranking.

Maryland is the shizznit- produced Eddie and Demon.

[i]Originally posted by LakeNorman49er[/i]@Nov 7 2004, 06:57 PM [b] Isn't this a verbal commitment? 2007 is too far away to sign a LOI. [/b]
YEP IT IS DUDE, U R RIGHT

Said the kid is 6’9 and is sure to add a few more inches, this kids gonna be a beast.

Per Washington Post:

[b]C Mike Beasley | Riverdale Baptist, Soph., 6-8 The transfer from Florida's Pendleton School is a rare talent with excellent offensive skills and the ability to dominate defensively. Averaged 19.9 points and 13 rebounds for a 33-1 team that did not lose with him in the lineup.[/b]

Boys’ First Team

C Mike Beasley | Riverdale Baptist, Soph., 6-8
The transfer from Florida’s Pendleton School is a rare talent with excellent offensive skills and the ability to dominate defensively. Averaged 19.9 points and 13 rebounds for a 33-1 team that did not lose with him in the lineup.

G Ray Brewer | Eleanor Roosevelt, Sr. 5-11
Brewer played a key leadership role after Roosevelt’s coach was suspended midway through the season. Averaged 20.4 points, 5.2 assists, 4.1 rebounds and 3.3 steals. Had a stretch of three 30-point outings in four games, including a season-high 37 against Oxon Hill.

G Mamadi Diane | DeMatha, Sr., 6-5
Diane averaged 13 points per game and was the most consistent player for the Stags. Able to play four positions. Scored a game-high 20 points to lead DeMatha to victory in the City Title Game. Will play for Virginia.

F Uche Echefu | Montrose Christian, Sr., 6-8
The chiseled forward is equally adept at playing with his back to the basket as he is facing up. He averaged 17.6 points for the Mustangs (23-3) and has more than a dozen major college offers.

G Marcus Ginyard | O’Connell, Sr., 6-4
The smooth-shooting Ginyard averaged a team-best 21.2 points per game for the WCAC runner-up. The four-year starter finished with a career record of 116-19. Will play for North Carolina.

G Eric Hayes | Potomac (Va.), Jr., 6-3
Paced the Panthers (26-1) with team-best averages of 18.9 points, 6.4 assists, 5 rebounds, 2.7 steals and 1.7 blocks. Shot 85 percent from the foul line and made 56 three-pointers, also team highs. Will play for Maryland beginning in 2006-07.

F Dave Neal | O’Connell, Sr., 6-7
An intimidating inside presence who scrapped for rebounds and had a knack for well-timed putbacks, Neal’s game steadily improved in each of his four years on varsity. He averaged 19.8 points and 13 rebounds for the Knights (31-3).

G Scottie Reynolds | Herndon, Jr., 6-0
The Virginia AAA Northern Region player of the year averaged nearly 33 points per game. He broke Herndon’s scoring record three times-the first time with 43 points vs. DeMatha, then twice in a 24-hour span against Oakton (46) and I.C. Norcom (53).

G Jessie Sapp | National Christian, Sr., 6-2
The New York transplant more than doubled his scoring average from a year ago to 23.9 points per game, thanks to his strong play in the open court. Will play for Georgetown.

G Chris Wright | St. John’s, Soph., 6-0
Wright cemented his position among the area’s best with a scintillating 22-point performance in the Cadets’ 48-47 WCAC semifinal loss to DeMatha. He’s a versatile point guard who can drive to the basket and make shots from well beyond the arc.

What is this list a 1st team of?

I’m assuming the Washington, D.C. area boys all-first team

To make it easier to find his info:

charlotte.rivals.com: Beasley Profile

I thought this was interesting from Rivals.com today.

In terms of sheer high-major talent, Spiece could hold down the pool with a ton of big-time prospects. However, the D.C. Assault are also in the pool and the long time adidas power has it’s share of great players. Curtis Malone’s group is young but it’s rich with talent including Michael Beasley, Nolan Smith, Austin Freeman and Herb Pope.

Clark, Beasley, Smith, Mack, Ish Smith are all playing in these bigtime AAU tournaments this summer. NinerReport/Rivals.com has some great coverage of them.

Rivals.com:

DC Assault: Beasley & Smith

The two youngsters (Mike Beasley and Nolan Smith) played strong at the Southern Invitational in Charlottesville, Va. Smith used his herky-jerky dribble drive to break the defense down and score in the paint. He showed off an improved and confident jump shot throughout the weekend and continued to feed Beasley, who was absolutely dominant on both ends of the floor.

If that duo ended up here, watch out. Let the hype begin. :smiley:

[i]Originally posted by LeftyNiner[/i]@May 10 2005, 06:34 PM [b] If that duo ended up here, watch out. Let the hype begin. :D [/b]
screw it. let the hype begin now. Its the offseason, we gotta be excited about something (even if its only a possibility).

I am sure this is a Moxley guy so with him gone now expect the DC recruits dry up altogether. Would be nice to see him in Niner green for at least one yr though.

Wrong. Dalonte Hill’s boy.

[i]Originally posted by NinerKev[/i]@May 11 2005, 01:27 PM [b] I am sure this is a Moxley guy so with him gone now expect the DC recruits dry up altogether. Would be nice to see him in Niner green for at least one yr though. [/b]
I think Beasley has more of a connection with Dalonte Hill than with Moxley. Hill is from the DC area and was/is an assistant coach with the DC Assault, Beasley's team. From Hill's profile on our website:
[b]"We're extremely excited to have Dalonte join us again at Charlotte," Lutz said. "He was always a coach on the floor and had a great understanding of the game. I always knew he was going to be a coach. Due to his AAU coaching experience, he has tremendous contacts, especially along the eastern seaboard and in the (Washington) D.C. area." [/b]

Charlotte49ers.com: Dalonte Hill Profile

I saw Beasley play in 2 of the games they had at the Bob Gibbons Tourney of Champs in Raleigh.
The 1st game was better than the 2nd. In it, he played good D, had tips to teammates, had a couple of points, had a couple of blocks, had several rebounds, & a monster dunk.
In the 2nd game his coach didn’t put him in the last 5 minutes when they were trying to mount a comeback. It makes me wonder if the coach has faith in him.
He looked good at times, but no where ready for the Nba, which is good for us. Let’s hope he doesn’t get to good to fast, he still has 2 years of high school. Let him wait till he gets here to develop & dominate.
I did meet him, & he’s a nice guy. I met his mom also.

It seems stupid that the MD & IL schools have rules vs. home-schoolers on private teams. As long as it’s okay w/ the team you’re on, it should be no one else’s business.