Michael Beasley - 2007 (Ranked #2 overall)

For the file. Observer 5/27/05: 49ers commitment sold on college, but …

“I’m going to college,” he said Wednesday during a telephone interview. “I hear everybody talking about the best years of their life are in college. And if I skip to the NBA … I don’t want to miss any of that.”

Words to live by…I hope.

Anybody know when Beasley’s birthday is and how old he will be when he graduates high school? The verbal is still just that, but if he honors it we have a better chance of seeing him in Halton with the new NBA collective bargaining agreement in place.

In an old post Lefty mentioned that Beasley was 15 years old and that was in Sep of 2004. Based on that we can assume that he will be 18 on June 25th 2007. Anyone have any different information?

Old Post

Looks like for American players age won’t matter. The player must wait 1 year after his high school class graduates.

CBS

So, we either get one of the best players in the country for at least 1 year or he backs out on his verbal.

[i]Originally posted by louisiana_niner[/i]@Jun 21 2005, 09:21 PM [b] In an old post Lefty mentioned that Beasley was 15 years old and that was in Sep of 2004. Based on that we can assume that he will be 18 on June 25th 2007. Anyone have any different information?

Old Post [/b]

Based on that info he will be here two years should he come to Charlotte. He will be 17 at the time he graduates (June, 2007). He will not turn 19 until September 2008, meaning he would not be eligible for the NBA Draft until 2009. Check my math/info, but I think that’s correct based on what I’ve read of the new NBA collective bargaining agreement. Looks good for us if he honors his verbal.

[i]Originally posted by X-49er+Jun 22 2005, 11:48 AM-->
[b]QUOTE[/b] (X-49er @ Jun 22 2005, 11:48 AM)
[b]On the age limitation, American players will have to wait one year after their high school class graduates before they can become draft eligible. International players will have to turn 19 by the end of the calendar year in which they become draft eligible. [/b]
[i]Originally posted by lutz9er[/i]@Jun 22 2005, 02:48 PM [b]
[b]On the age limitation, American players will have to wait one year after their high school class graduates before they can become draft eligible. International players will have to turn 19 by the end of the calendar year in which they become draft eligible. [/b]
[/b]
Roger that. I missed that when I was skimming the stories about the CBA yesterday.
[i]Originally posted by X-49er+Jun 22 2005, 03:14 PM-->
[b]QUOTE[/b] (X-49er @ Jun 22 2005, 03:14 PM)

Found this interesting note about this week Adidas Camp:

Roy Williams had to be in heaven watching Wayne Ellington do his thing today. The UNC coach laid some eyes on Stanley Robinson, Mike Beasley, Nolan Smith and appeared to be watching 2008’s Korie Lucious as well. …

Charlotte’s Bobby Lutz trailed Beasley all day long and you can pretty much count on the 49ers skipper being with him most of the summer as he defends the commitment from would be invaders.

[i]Originally posted by Jimmyhat49er[/i]@Jul 7 2005, 04:48 PM [b] Found this interesting note about this week Adidas Camp:

Roy Williams had to be in heaven watching Wayne Ellington do his thing today. The UNC coach laid some eyes on Stanley Robinson, Mike Beasley, Nolan Smith and appeared to be watching 2008’s Korie Lucious as well. …

Charlotte’s Bobby Lutz trailed Beasley all day long and you can pretty much count on the 49ers skipper being with him most of the summer as he defends the commitment from would be invaders. [/b]

Pretty cool. Lutz on Roy. :fastgun: :fastgun: :flame: :hammer: Where did you find it?

Anyone know how Beasley and Nolan’s visit went, or have they not come yet?

Over on the louisville board, they think that they will get beasley and smith.

[i]Originally posted by jandrade[/i]@Jul 7 2005, 11:33 PM [b] Over on the louisville board, they think that they will get beasley and smith. [/b]
screw that

louiville fans are just like memphis’ fans they think they know everything but yet they have no FiNG CLUE excuse the language

[b]Over on the louisville board, they think that they will get beasley and smith. [/b]

If Smith signs with Louisville, things could get interesting. But we have the upper hand right now(with getting Smith) since Beasley has signed with us.

What’s the link to their board?

No one has “signed” anything with anyone and that is why Lutz is following Beasley around like the Scientologist following Katie Holmes right now.

Louisville has been in the lead for Smith for some time and if they want to be a package deal all bets are off on anything or any school. Smith and Beasley together are quite an impressive tandem and a recruiting homerun (a grandslam for us). Beasley transferring to Oak Hill did not help us at all and I hope there is nothing going on for him to up and go there. With the NBA age limit set in stone I think it becomes harder for us to land Beasley now that he is forced to attend college or go some other route as his year in waiting comes up.

The earliest we could get a signing on beasley would be spring 2006 or fall 2006?

Signing period starting next fall (fall '06) is when he can first ink.