Michael Vick to Philadelphia Eagles

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4397938&campaign=rss&source=twitter&ex_cid=Twitter_espn_4397938

Thank GOD!

Now I Don’t have to talk myself into approving of him on the Panthers.

My Lord, this makes perfect sense. Philly fans could give a rats ass about anything. Nothing makes these bitches happy.

This puts a really good team over the top.

Insurance for an aging QB. A monster to defend with he and Westbrook in the backfield.

WOW, just WOW.

Philly may be my pick to win it all now. just WOW.

[QUOTE=itsbraille49;424354]Thank GOD!

Now I Don’t have to talk myself into approving of him on the Panthers.[/QUOTE]

Could he have done any worse than Delhomme against the Cards? Sounds like a heck of a backup to me.

Sigh, now we get stuck with Delhomme again…7-9.

[QUOTE=TheGreatest;424365]Sigh, now we get stuck with Delhomme again…7-9.[/QUOTE]

We were “stuck” with him last year and got a measly 12-4.

Well as an avid Eagles fan I don’t know what to think, because my dad has been calling for Vick for a week now due to the rapid number of injuries (including backup QB Kevin Kolb-who sucks by the way.)

-I’m still not sure because McNabb can be a headcase sometimes and throwing another former Pro-Bowl QB behind might just mess with his head again (see the year with Jeff Garcia.)

-On the other side I hope we use him on like occasional 3rd Downs and run like a glorified option system (for our answer to the Wildcat fad.)

Guess we’ll see how it pans out…:tumble:

Philly may be my pick to win it all now. just WOW.

hold your horses there buddy…

hold your horses there buddy...

I agree…

1. He’s the backup who’s been in jail…:huh:
  2. A solid core of the team is banged up right now so right now isn’t the best time to jump on the bandwagon.

I think he’s simply injury insurance for McNabb, more than anything. It’s not like McNabb’s ever been hurt before and cost the Eagles the rest of their season. They may run a couple of gimmick plays with him along the way, but I don’t see him playing a big role at all. As also has been mentioned, Eagles fans don’t care about character and Vick will avoid most of those issues at least for 8 games. PETA might want to re-think protesting outside of Philly’s stadium. That might end ugly for them.

[QUOTE=Savio;424372]hold your horses there buddy…[/QUOTE]

Why?

Big time team just picked up a big time talent. This could be huge.

I’m not saying Vick goes to the Lions and they win it all. But, a top 6 or so team picks up the best athlete in the NFL and it doesn’t make an impact?

Come on guys.

I think he's simply injury insurance for McNabb, more than anything. It's not like McNabb's ever been hurt before and cost the Eagles the rest of their season. They may run a couple of gimmick plays with him along the way, but I don't see him playing a big role at all. As also has been mentioned, Eagles fans don't care about character and Vick will avoid most of those issues at least for 8 games. PETA might want to re-think protesting outside of Philly's stadium. That might end ugly for them.

With him as McNabb’s back up your system doesn’t change. Granted, McNabb has transformed into a pocket QB, but you knew if he had to he could scramble and get out of there, and I think Vick will bring the same familiarity if necessary.

[QUOTE=hootie;424376]Why?

Big time team just picked up a big time talent. This could be huge.

I’m not saying Vick goes to the Lions and they win it all. But, a top 6 or so team picks up the best athlete in the NFL and it doesn’t make an impact?

Come on guys.[/QUOTE]

See my post above. He’s been out of pro football for two years. He is/was a great athlete, but he’s bound to have lost a step or two now and he wasn’t the best passer before. His receivers were not great in Atlanta, but they aren’t top-notch in Philly either (if he ever uses them). They will run some gimmick plays for him, but his legs won’t be bailing him out of misreads and blitzes as much as they did before. If he’s ready for the 3rd or 4th preseason game, I guess we’ll see how rusty he is and how much he lost in prison.

[QUOTE=X-49er;424379]See my post above. He’s been out of pro football for two years. He is/was a great athlete, but he’s bound to have lost a step or two now and he wasn’t the best passer before. His receivers were not great in Atlanta, but they aren’t top-notch in Philly either (if he ever uses them). They will run some gimmick plays for him, but his legs won’t be bailing him out of misreads and blitzes as much as they did before. If he’s ready for the 3rd or 4th preseason game, I guess we’ll see how rusty he is and how much he lost in prison.[/QUOTE]

I guess time will tell. I thnk this is a huge get.

Two things…

1- I am looking forward to my Bucs October 11th game against the Eagles…even though that usually doesnt bode well for me.

2- As far as losing a step in prison…Vick probably worked out more in jail…jail to a person of his stature and fame is like 5th grade recess. I bet he is stronger physically, and perhaps he might have lost a little speed…but I’ll take a little more strength over a little lost speed.

[QUOTE=brentrob55;424381]
2- As far as losing a step in prison…Vick probably worked out more in jail…jail to a person of his stature and fame is like 5th grade recess. I bet he is stronger physically, and perhaps he might have lost a little speed…but I’ll take a little more strength over a little lost speed.[/QUOTE]

Several reporters, namely the guy that interviewed him in Virginia Beach last week, have noted that he is bigger. I don’t doubt that he gained strength in prison, but age tends to kill speed. He’s not slow, but his incredible escapabilty likely will not not be the same. Defenses like Tampa and Philly used to utilize against him became more and more effective. teams that had a speed linebacker just shadowed him all day and dared him to pass. He was not nearly as productive and more turnover prone. They forced him into throwing more, and either he was rushed or his receivers tended to let him down. 53% has got to go up if he’s going to be effective as a starter.

As an Eagles fan I’m not that excited about this signing. He’s a backup QB who will probably be used in special situations. It kind of reminds me of when they signed Garcia except without the media frenzy.

As far as Vick, I don’t understand all the hate for this guy. Nearly 500 NFL players were arrested or had major citations since 2000. Some for a lot worse stuff than dog fighting. Will Donte Stallworth get this kind of treatment when he comes back? He deserves far worse than Vick.

As far as Vick, I don't understand all the hate for this guy.

That’s funny, bc I feel the opposite way. I can’t understand all the support for this POS.

And enough with this “he’s paid his debt to society” bull****. Torturing animals is a sociopathic behavior. It’s not like he did something in the heat of the moment or made one bad decision one night or something. He was doing this for years.

Thanks God he went to a team I hate. I would have given away all of my Panthers gear if Carolina had signed him. I’m not kidding.

That's funny, bc I feel the opposite way. I can't understand all the support for this POS.

And enough with this “he’s paid his debt to society” bull****. Torturing animals is a sociopathic behavior. It’s not like he did something in the heat of the moment or made one bad decision one night or something. He was doing this for years.

D.O.B.A.

I love when you hear the excuse…“He paid his debt…Everyone makes mistakes.”

Isn’t a mistake defined by being a one-time or unintentional occurrance?

There was nothing one-time or unintentional about what he did. It wasn’t a “mistake” …it was a way of life for him. Hell…he even painted his compund black and tried to make it camoflaged because HE KNEW what he was doing was illegal…yet he STILL did it.

That’s not a mistake. That’s a conscious decision to continue to do something sick & twisted that he also knew was illegal and tried to hide it…FOR YEARS!!

The POS description is very appropriate and IMO…he didn’t get nearly enough punishment.

Period.

[QUOTE=TRLeader;424429]D.O.B.A.

I love when you hear the excuse…“He paid his debt…Everyone makes mistakes.”

Isn’t a mistake defined by being a one-time or unintentional occurrance?

There was nothing one-time or unintentional about what he did. It wasn’t a “mistake” …it was a way of life for him. Hell…he even painted his compund black and tried to make it camoflaged because HE KNEW what he was doing was illegal…yet he STILL did it.

That’s not a mistake. That’s a conscious decision to continue to do something sick & twisted that he also knew was illegal and tried to hide it…FOR YEARS!!

The POS description is very appropriate and IMO…he didn’t get nearly enough punishment.

Period.[/QUOTE]

BS- he got busted and paid a terrific price.

As the Good Book says, “He who is without sin cast the first stone.”

How many time have you knowingly broke the law and did it anyway? Had a couple too many beers and drove home maybe? Been late for a meeting and drove way too fast to get there? Maybe you haven’t but I doubt it.