Middle Tennessee Home Game 1-4-20 4:00 Tip

Who are you and what did you do with our Luka? Nvm, we’ll keep this one.

Starting to find the basket.

Our team is becoming the team everyone hates to play. Our defense is ridiculous. As we continue to gel…teams full of 2star & 3star players will be lucky to score 60.

Our defense will come to dominate CUSA…just need some consistent offensive flow to develop to round us out.

MTSU has more turnovers (9) than FGs (7)

And just like that…we stop playing defense for about a 5min stretch…and counting.

19pt lead down to 10…9.

And how many travelling calls can 1 crew make? We’ve been called for at least 4…and not sure I’ve seen one yet.

Reminds me of an NBA game, where teams lead and lose leads by 20 regularly.

When the Niners win and I am still Mr. Grumpy pants. Sheesh that was a hard game to watch.

Our defensive scheme should not allow that though. Maybe 2 games in 3 days is the kryptonite for the effort we use playing our style of defense.

Maybe we need to go a little deeper down the bench. No way Brice & Younger would hurt us at 8min a piece.

Have to play better the last 10 minutes of games. That said, matching our win total from all of last season, after 13 games, is nice.

I know pitchforks and torches and all that but they hit a ton of contested shots. We also played some bad D but mostly they just hit tough shots.

Really gutsy win. Good to see some guys step up in shepherds absence.

I do think really late we had tired legs, which is natural when a guy who plays ~70% of our minutes is out. A slightly larger rotation could help that.

3 Likes

Luka said they were very tired in the second half dealing with that press.

Coach said in the postgame re: tired legs (2 games in 3 days) that he dosn’t use more players in his rotation because he thinks it disrupts rhythm.

So I guess…we’ll just play tired and exhausted every Saturday.

Fire the man!

2-0 in conference since 2012-13. Man progress feels good!!

1 Like

Ron is impressively stubborn. Like the no timeouts on MTSU’s 25-4 run or whatever.

1 Like

Let’s not forget the Kobe Bryant esque rise up 3’s mtsu had on their run

The team is still learning and growing as a unit…Ron is still learning and growing as a head coach.

To look as bad as we have looked on occassion…for certain spells in certain games…or in certain games as a whole…we are still 8-5, have matched our win total from last year just 13 games into the season and are 2-0 in Conference play.

I’ll take it.

And the best part: we’ll certainly continue to get even better.

4 Likes

I thought going into this season Bryce Williams would be one of our better players. He barely sees the court.

1 Like

Same.

Bertram’s funk gave Brice an opportunity to solidify his spot but he did play very cautiosly when he played. No aggression at all. That is what has earned Bertram his minutes back. Bertram busted his ass when he was given another shot at minutes. Bert is playing VERY aggressively…even though he’s still not shooting/scoring. So…Brice probably has a chance to earn back some minutes but when he gets another opportunity to play several minutes…he needs to bust his ass to keep getting rewarded.

Bertram did it…so can Brice…and if Brice does it, his talent can lock him into the lineup moreso than Bert.

I was told before the season started, by an assistant, that Brice had the body, but was still very raw and would play few minutes. They are developing him, and expect him to come into his game as the years progress.