Middle Tennessee Home Game 1-4-20 4:00 Tip

This is my support. What are you looking at? They are 1-11.

http://realtimerpi.com/rpi_216_Men.html

Their actual record is 4-11, regardless who the other 3 wins were against, but besides that if you watched this game and think they’re worse than UMES, I dont know what to tell you. (I suspect they’re better than several others we have played or will play as well), but that one is not even up for debate.

If you have to say “their actual record” the record you are telling me isn’t comparing apples to apples here.

If it makes you feel better I should have wrote “one of the worst teams” we play.

That is better…I despise hyperbole and exaggeration.

That site doesn’t have our conference record correct. Says we are 2-1.

If we hold where we are, this would be our best team since 2010: http://barttorvik.com/team-history.php?team=Charlotte

1 Like

It thinks Ecu is still cusa

It incorrectly includes last year’s Rice loss on 1/31 as a loss for this season.

I didn’t keep a running count of tough (mostly 3pters) they hit in their 2nd half rally, but a lot of teams would have a total collapse under that barrage. Winning without Shepherd bodes well for the rest of the season. By tournament time I think we’ll be a tough out for anybody.

1 Like

I understand some of the concerns, but this is one of the two best defensive Charlotte teams I’ve ever seen.
They force teams into taking shots they don’t want.

Sure it breaks down every now and then and sometimes those bad shots go in, but as we get a players who can gel instead of adapt into the system, I think it will be something to watch.

3 Likes

Did Williams play in this game? I don’t remember seeing him. And if not, why not?

No. He did not find time in the first half and then second half was too close. I think he is still finding his way with the college game. He will probably be our most improved player next year.

1 Like

Tyler Bertram was still our worst per minute player by a good bit, don’t know why his minutes aren’t going to Brice.

1 Like

if i were to guess, it would be because bertram seems to understand the system better. williams seems somewhat confused out there and its not like he’s giving us more offensively right now than bertram. williams will be fine. he has talent but he is raw and you can see he is not confident, especially on the offensive end.

1 Like

Coach had a lot a praise for Bertram after the game. Kind of surprised me but it must be a play a role in the system thing. Mentioned several times how pleased he was.

If Brice was better he would be in the game, but he is not ready. Y’all wonder this every game

No one is arguing he should be getting Jahmir’s minutes. He’s more ready than Bertram, the numbers reflect that, and he should be getting his minutes.

We have more wins than we have had in several years so I can going to go with Sanchez. He is in practice everyday so he probably has a better feel for what is going on than I do. I have been told even what Williams was in high school that he had the body, but was very raw while Bertram has had a year in the system while taking a RS year. I am guessing that Sanchez feels more comfortable with Bertram on the floor right now instead of Williams. I still think that Williams will be our most improved player next year, but it is a big jump from high school to D1