Mike Gerrity more hurt than help?

So, you're saying Gerrity didn't make offense any better, neat.
He drove and kicked it out to Ian multiple times. I believe Ian had a record game against Tulsa or Hofstra. If the drive and kick works even once, the offense is better than with Harris. A vote for Harris is a vote for the "pass around perimeter and jack up 3s" offense.

Harris doesn’t do anything for the offense except use his quickness to get it past half-court. The offense has 0 potential with Harris, and loads with Gerrity.

Yeah, we sure have been on a scoring tear with Gerrity at the point. Thank God that potential wins games.

Yeah, we sure have been on a scoring tear with Gerrity at the point. Thank God that potential wins games.
I know you're smart enough to not expect midseason form from a shooting, dishing guard after his first two games, when everyone else is in midseason form.

I thought he played with more confidence than a lot of our players on our first road swing. Again, we’ll see a different team tomorrow. And those tough losses will help us later in the season on the road…we have a young team. They’ll get back up and go strong. Hopefully that starts tomorrow.

[QUOTE=ninerball49;278579]Well it seemed like Gerrity was always looking to set someone up but everyone else expected him to score. I think things will be a lot different at home. This team is a lot different at home.[/QUOTE]

That’s true, but nobody is really questioning that. I’ve thought about how Gerrity could have affected us and it’s hard for me to believe that he hurt us. Guys still played hard but for some reason shots just aren’t falling for us on the road. Let’s put it this way, if there was a game between ‘away 49ers’ vs. ‘home 49ers’ home 49ers would win in a blow out. I don’t know what it is but they have to get their stuff together because conference play is right around the corner.

you guys are all traitors for not thinking all our players and coaches are perfect.

Hey guys,

I understand that everyone has mixed feelings on whether Gerrity or Harris is a better PG. I also realize that we have discovered that our team is not so great on the road, as they dropped the last two to subpar teams. Maybe it isn’t just the fact that those were road games though that hurt us.

Does anyone else feel that even though Gerrity may be a more skilled PG, that adding him to our lineup has disrupted chemistry? I feel that before we added him, our team was beginning to truly mesh. However, I think that with his addition, the chemistry has fallen off track and that it has taken a toll on our team. Like the old cliche goes, “Why mess with success?” I’m hoping that this works itself out over time, as it should naturally.

Any thoughts?

I think he needs a hair cut. Other than that, I’ll wait to see him play in person.

Gerrity 3 assists to 2 TO, Harris 5-1.

Harris had to have more turnovers than that. I know I saw him throw the ball way down the court and have it interecepted twice. I still thought Harris played better overall, but the stat person must have messed up because there is no way he only had one TO today.

Player Name FG-FGA FG-FGA FT-FTA OF DE TOT PF TP A TO BLK S MIN

03 Harris, DiJuan… 0-1 0-0 4-4 0 1 1 0 4 5 1 0 3 16
01 Gerrity, Michael… 3-5 1-1 2-2 0 0 0 3 9 3 2 0 0 23

This is the stat line.

Gerrity got the start. …discuss

gerrity looks for more shots harris looks more to pass. end of discussion.

I really can’t say who is better right now, or who helps the team more, but I do think it is a very close race for who should be our starting PG. It is hard to say that Harris isn’t the man, he was the leader of the team that got the only victory outside of Charlotte and the victory outside of Halton.

Watching Gerrity, he is much better at getting to the basket, is probably a push defensively, but he is not on the same page as the rest of the team. I don’t know if that was the case today, but he certainly didn’t outproduce Harris on the court. But he did see more minutes and it was a blowout win, so who is to say?

I think they both played well today.

Right now this team is as successful as how well Harris and Coley play. Of course Lee is the MVP but I see his production as a given. I think it’s safe to say he’ll get us 16 a night. But we seem to play better whenever Coley and Harris are able to cause havoc on defense. With both this game and the Davidson game, Coley was a beast without even having to score a lot.

As for Gerrity, I like what he has to offer thus far. But I think the PG position will be a duel role all season. All though I said the team seems to play better when Harris is active defensively, I do think he is better suited to come off of the bench as a spark.

Coley is easily my second favorite player on the team behind Dewhurst. I am sad he is only here one more year.

I think both Gerrity and Harris have something to contribute to this team. Harris does run the team well when he is in there. He has great hands and will get his share of steals. Think Gerrity adds another dimension when he is in the game. The other players will get accustomed to getting great passes inside and will score. The kind of game we are playing we should be happy we have 2 pgs to substitute each other. I wish people would stop trying to start controversary and set Harris and Gerrity against each other. WE NEED BOTH OF THEM.
Speaking of performances. He doesn,t have fancy dunks. All he does is rebound, handle the ball well (think he could play guard), shoot for percentage, play excellent defense, make foul shots and hustle the whole time on the court. He has 3 more years of eligibility left. Charles Dewhurst is the complete ball player.

I doubt anyone wants to have them fighting each other, but there is a little controversy over who is better to lead the team. I would love for them to be able to split the minutes evenly, but with Bobby’s track record, one player is likely to own the role over the other.

Does it REALLY matter which pg starts first?? Seriously… as long as they are contributing and getting the minutes, who cares who starts first.

I like Harris better, that’s my opinion, he needs to shoot more. He showed very nice stroke during shoot around. Also his shooting percentage is not bad at all
5/8 from 3 pointer for entire season
12/26 from the 2

He just needs to shoot when he is open. Also I think our offense flows better with him in the game

I think they both provide spark. Gerrity provides offensive spark and is a scoring threat and can find the open man. Dijuan is a monster on defense, a great handler, and quick as can be. Both have great strengths…I love watching both of them play. As far as a team leader…Lee is the guy. Considering we have him, I think we can afford a two headed monster at PG. That’s just me.