Mike Hall - 2012 C

6’10, 200 lbs Center from Woodward Academy in Atlanta, GA. We offered today.

Rivals - #112 overall, 3 stars

Scout - 3 stars

ESPN - 92 rating, 4 stars, #97 overall

Hall’s top 5 on 6/30, per Rivals:

[font=Verdana]"I got a top five right now. It's Harvard, Georgia Tech, California, Virginia Tech, and George Mason," Hall revealed. He added that "Georgia would be in my top ten right now."[/font]

Per a source, contrary to earlier reports, we have not offered Mike Hall. We are currently recruiting the big man.

RT @courtcred 6’10 Mike Hall has a list of Stanford, Penn, Harvard, Cincy, Charlotte, George Mason, & Cornell

apparently hes not a stupid kid.

Apparently not. Harvard is after some pretty highly talented kids. Not sure if they will land them, but Amaker is doing a good job of securing official visits.

what does that have to do with this kid being smart?

I know nothing about Mike Hall’s academics, this post is only about Amaker:

He’s gotten grief from other Ivy League schools for purportedly going after kids that aren’t up to Ivy League standards. The Davidson crowd will hate this, but Frank Ben-Eze was an example of that.

The other Ivy League schools need to take their issue up with Harvard University not Tommy Amaker. They have the authority to keep Amaker’s recruits from enrolling in school if that is what they wanted. Amaker was brought in to win basketball games not science fairs. Obviously the better players he can bring the better his chances of winning and he should bring in as good a player as the unversity allows.

Hall’s game sounds very similar to Thorne but ESPN’s writeups seem to indicate he has a lot of potential.

cds, that was what ultimately happened with Ben-Eze. He didn’t get the likelihood of admission letter he needed. That’s a little embarrassing for a head coach and the recruit.

[quote=“NLP, post:8, topic:25589”]I know nothing about Mike Hall’s academics, this post is only about Amaker:

He’s gotten grief from other Ivy League schools for purportedly going after kids that aren’t up to Ivy League standards. The Davidson crowd will hate this, but Frank Ben-Eze was an example of that.[/quote]
i read somewhere on the davidson board that a few years ago, the average sat’s of the davidson men’s basketball team was like 900 something. for all their talk, you would think they each got a 1500.

Anyway, I’ll take this kid too. Lester, Clayton and Hall would be one of the best classes we gotten at Charlotte in years! Get it done Major!

RT @DMcDonaldHoops: 2012 PF Mike Hall has narrowed his list down to Charlotte, Cornell, George Mason, Harvard, Northwestern, Penn, and Virginia Tech.

could that in alphabetical order?
i would imagine that after he realizes we have verbal-locks on clayton and lester, he won’t hesitate. then, alas…we can relax for a while!

I try not to get caught up in recruiting because it changes every day. But “Hall, Clayton and Lester” has a great ring to it.

Yea. Every one of thosre schools are known for academic excellence.

[quote=“ninerfan55, post:11, topic:25589”][quote=“NLP, post:8, topic:25589”]I know nothing about Mike Hall’s academics, this post is only about Amaker:

He’s gotten grief from other Ivy League schools for purportedly going after kids that aren’t up to Ivy League standards. The Davidson crowd will hate this, but Frank Ben-Eze was an example of that.[/quote]
i read somewhere on the davidson board that a few years ago, the average sat’s of the davidson men’s basketball team was like 900 something. for all their talk, you would think they each got a 1500.[/quote]

I would believe it’s probably somewhere in the middle of those #'s

[quote=“ninerfan55, post:11, topic:25589”][quote=“NLP, post:8, topic:25589”]I know nothing about Mike Hall’s academics, this post is only about Amaker:

i read somewhere on the davidson board that a few years ago, the average sat’s of the davidson men’s basketball team was like 900 something. for all their talk, you would think they each got a 1500.[/quote] It’s probably higher on average most years, especially if you include the walk-ons and some of the bench players.

The basketball team definitely gets special treatment at Davidson. There have been several instances in the past of players violating academic standards (plagiarism, others writing papers for them, cheating, etc.), but mysteriously not getting kicked out, while everyone else is dealt with more harshly.

i saw we made his final list. when is he deciding?

Bump. With two commits will we seek a third one to bring us up to 13, or do we bank it/give it to Colby?

Mike Hall would certainly be a DO WANT if we are looking for one more.

EDIT: Clayton hasn’t committed yet, wishful thinking. I think he will though.