Mike Hill and the Future

Some dude at homecoming probably full of it.

Only thing Iā€™m offended by is being alumnus of school that graduates full bore nancies.

1 Like

Judies

Clocks ticking.

1 Like

Heā€™s got to either make a move now OR at least let it be known heā€™s out and the staff is out at the end of the year so a new hire search can start.

1 Like

Tonight was the straw that broke the camels back.

So embarrassing.

I was surrounded by recruits. What the hell are they thinking seeing this shit show? Next years recruiting class is going to be bad. Every home game has been complete shit for the recruits.

2 Likes

What were the recruits saying? How were they reacting?

I know we had a whole bunch of them there.

Probably saying:

They were on very good behavior and just talking about the details of the game play itself. No negativity from what I heard.

There are very often recruits around me and Iā€™ve never heard a recruit or their family say something negative.

Presumably because they are our guests and know what is and isnā€™t done.

Whatā€™s more concerning is we have been such a dumpster fire they havenā€™t had anything to get excited about and actually cheer for.

This is why the move has got to be made ASAP, this is not the NFL where players are under contract for X amount of years, we have to re-recruit our current roster, hold on to current commitments, and win over future potential recruits, and the quicker we get a new coach the better that process will be for us

4 Likes

Canā€™t argue with this stance. Not at this point. Your points are well taken and I believe to be accurate.

If changes arenā€™t made at end of season, there is no future with Mike hill.

1 Like

Hill whiffed as badly as you possibly could with the two most important hires you can make. I donā€™t think he should get the chance at making a third hire.

He gambled on Healy and lost. Iā€™ll give him a one time pass on Sanchez (as long as he knows when to cut the line).

2 Likes

Hill got played by Houston. Rookie mistake. Healy was all potential and probably cheap. First two years it looked promising, but once top assistants started bolting for bigger programs, we see Healy for what he is. Glorified motivational speaker, with no ability to coach. Sanchez was a paper hire and it hasnā€™t worked out there either. But I wouldnā€™t be surprised if heā€™s here for another 5 years.

Hill has to get the next FB coach right with the move to AAC and expansion ($$$) of the stadium. We have to generate buzz on both fronts and any hire that leaves people scratching their heads will be a disaster.

2 Likes

Hill = Judy

He deserves another shot at each hire. If he misses he needs to go. He isnā€™t Gabers hire. She cares about sports and wonā€™t be as patient as Phil would have been.

7 Likes

Hill whiffed on two hires but letā€™s not play revisionist history here.

Sanchez was a very well respected asst coach at a good program and from what I heard from experts either the best or second best assistant coach available.

He was a good hire at the time. Period.

Sometimes it works out sometimes it doesnā€™t. But he was a good hire at the time.

4 Likes

I also believe he needs a second chance on both revenue sports hires.

If he makes ultimately poor hires again then he will be removed.

I seriously doubt Gaber Wants a reputation as a chancellor with a hair trigger on firings. He has done other good things.

Letā€™s give him a chance.

4 Likes

Hill had another PR failure today from the sounds of it.