Mike Hopkins - Syracuse asst

per Utter on Twitter

reportedly, Charlotte has contacted him.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mike_Hopkins_(basketball)

Who? Does anyone know anything about him?

I think he’s an assistant coach at Syracuse.

He’s the so-called heir apparent for Syracuse depending on who you believe.

I think he’s an assistant coach at Syracuse.[/quote]

Also, there is reason to believe that the Charlotte 49ers have contacted him about their coaching position.

can he recruit?

If the other candidates are of this quality, we’re on track.

[quote=“moss2k, post:6, topic:22911”]can he recruit?[/quote]Can he coach?

[quote=“moss2k, post:6, topic:22911”]can he recruit?[/quote]his bio said recruiting was something he has just recently undertaken. He did the scouting reports for Syracuse though.

[quote=“Chipper, post:8, topic:22911”][quote=“moss2k, post:6, topic:22911”]can he recruit?[/quote]Can he coach?[/quote]ask metro, players are more important :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote=“Tintin, post:7, topic:22911”]If the other candidates are of this quality, we’re on track.[/quote]You sound like you know something about him. Can you enlighten us?

this would be a huge land for charlotte, anyone under boeheim is huge

For some reason, I expect Fang Mitchell (Coppin St coach) to be the next name to be linked to the job. Guess my years as a Niner are catching up to me, I tend to expect the worst.

[quote=“mtanner, post:12, topic:22911”]this would be a huge land for charlotte, anyone under boeheim is huge[/quote]You are speaking to us in 2nd person again? How do you know anyone under Boeheim is huge? That’s like saying anyone under Roy Williams or Coach K is huge. Which is not necessarily true.

looks to be a guard focused coach.

Well, the Associate Head Coach under Boeheim is huge.

This isn’t so much the case. Syracuse has done most of its work with under the radar talent. They don’t historically land the blue chippers that a Kansas, Duke, UNC-CH or even UConn land. I think part of that is they recruit guys that fit their system instead of just overall talent.

[quote=“NLP, post:4, topic:22911”]He’s the so-called heir apparent for Syracuse depending on who you believe.[/quote]ESPN reported he was (back in 2007), then AD refuted it. Hmmm…

did i offend you by not saying “us” or “we”?

boeheim selected hopkins to replace him when he retires at syracuse, i would say that is huge.

http://www.suathletics.com/staff.aspx?staff=43

Sounds like a very interesting candidate.