MITCHELL BALDWIN = TERRIBLE

[SIZE=3]period[/SIZE]

i wouldn’t give him a terrible rating he still leads the A10 in assist to turnover ratio. From what i’ve noticed this year, his lack of intensity on the floor has dropped 10 fold opposed to last season where he played with intensity the entire year. He’s too busy trying to make his senior year perfect. When he didn’t play like the whole world rested on his shoulders he was a lot loser and did make shots. Now he’s playing stressed because everyone expects more out of him than we are getting. Maybe he never fully recovered from his shoulder injury but i still say that he is a talented guy. He just needs to get that passion that drove him to be successful last year back.

I don’t think I’ve ever see a player regress so badly. Mitchell 2 years ago would have dunked that blown layup. He is bringing nothing to the table. I fear how bad Lewis must be if he can’t beat Mitchell out for any playing time. Carlos Williams can’t get here fast enough…

Mitch does a lot for the team. Its not the same when he is out. His speed is awesome. I would wait until the season is over before a final opinon of his performance. We are going to do well / and may even beat G.W. should we end up playing them in the tourneyment. His shooting was off tonight.

they werent even pressuring him in the back court yet he broke a tear, pissed his pants and let curt take the ball up. The blown layup winded up being a 5 point swing, that if he would have made would have cut it to four yet were down 9 when they hit a fast break three.

Has anyone noticed that our 4th and 5th year seniors, Baldwin and Withers, have both regressed notably? Arent you supposed to be better as a senior? Jeeze.

i would take mitch as a sophmore over the mitch all saw tonight any day

[QUOTE=Iron9er;150026]Has anyone noticed that our 4th and 5th year seniors, Baldwin and Withers, have both regressed notably? Arent you supposed to be better as a senior? Jeeze.[/QUOTE]

In Withers case the regression is probably costing him alot of money

Hate to say I told you so…but i’ve been posting this for weeks unfortunately. Isn’t good coaching supposed to make players get better with time? I agree with whoever said that he’d never seen someone regress so much.Plus,he’s got zero intensity.I’ll gladly take my chances with Lee and Bennett starting.Bot,i’ll tell ya…sitting right behind a bunch of obnoxious G.W. fans rubbing our face in it really hurt! I also noticed on Bobby’s postgame postmortem he said "they’re just better at all phases than us…THAT INCLUDES COACHING TOO!!!

Curt hasn’t regressed, he just has no one to get him the ball. They posted the play by play online, and it’s telling. He couldn’t get a shot in the second half. He still rebounds like a machine and hustles. You can’t score if you don’t get the ball.

Mitch is pretty useless. Assist-to-turnover ratio is overrated. The turnovers portion is good, meaning you’re not doing anything stupid. But if you were to actually chart how many of his assists came off open jumpers (where all he really did was give them the ball, didn’t put them in position to score), you’d be surprised. Watch it next game. He is just not bringing anything to the table. Doesn’t drive and dish, doesn’t create. The number of times he gets into the air without somewhere to pass is alarming.

Our half court offense is a mess. It’s a 3 point attempt or nothing at all on nights like tonight.

All in all not a good performance. This team will win the games it’s clearly supposed to win, compete in pick-em games, and lose games against teams like GW. Don’t expect anything more.

I completely agree with Brick, everything he says is correct!

Curt hasn't regressed, he just has no one to get him the ball. They posted the play by play online, and it's telling. He couldn't get a shot in the second half. He still rebounds like a machine and hustles. You can't score if you don't get the ball.

I COULD NOT AGREE MORE… We have no noe who can feed the post except for Coleman and he can’t stay in long enough because of the touch fouls they call on him. Curt often seals off his man and could get an easy basket with a decent lob pass to the post but it never comes. There was one posession when Pops left him wide open not a player within 6-8 feet of Curt and no one between him and the basket, ball handler even facing Curt and still no pass. I feel sorry for Curt that he has to endure this year. On just about any other team in America, he is a 20 point a night scorer even with his bad free throw shooting…

I think he looks scared to shoot

curt was 2 of 9 from FG and 4 of 10 from FT. Hasn’t regressed?

curt was 2 of 9 from FG and 4 of 10 from FT. Hasn't regressed?

How many times did we get the ball to Curt in a good position? 2-3 max. Each time he scored or got fouled. The other shots, one was a 3 and most of the rest were from offensive rebounds… He has to scrap and clean up the garbage for his points. I saw George Washington feeding their all conference big man while he was in the game, there was none of that on our side. Curt had shown oaver teh last 5-7 games that he could handle double teams by kicking it back out to our shooters, but he never got much of a chance to do that either. The way I see it, the only thing he needs to work on is his freethrow shooting.

It frustrates me to see the number of times he sets up vs. the number of times he gets the ball and I’m sure it frustrates him…

[QUOTE=Brick Tamland, Weather;150046]Curt hasn’t regressed, he just has no one to get him the ball. They posted the play by play online, and it’s telling. He couldn’t get a shot in the second half. He still rebounds like a machine and hustles. You can’t score if you don’t get the ball.

Mitch is pretty useless. Assist-to-turnover ratio is overrated. The turnovers portion is good, meaning you’re not doing anything stupid. But if you were to actually chart how many of his assists came off open jumpers (where all he really did was give them the ball, didn’t put them in position to score), you’d be surprised. Watch it next game. He is just not bringing anything to the table. Doesn’t drive and dish, doesn’t create. The number of times he gets into the air without somewhere to pass is alarming.

Our half court offense is a mess. It’s a 3 point attempt or nothing at all on nights like tonight.

All in all not a good performance. This team will win the games it’s clearly supposed to win, compete in pick-em games, and lose games against teams like GW. Don’t expect anything more.[/QUOTE]

Withers couldn’t play dead in a Western. Why pass it to him? He can’t finish and damn sure ain’t scaring anybody from the line. QUIT DEFENDING HIM.

Baldwin is just terrible. His A-T ratio is good because he doesn’t try to make anything happen. He should never play again for us, he’s gone next year (thanks God), play the guys that will be back.

[QUOTE=hootie;150120]Withers couldn’t play dead in a Western. Why pass it to him? He can’t finish and damn sure ain’t scaring anybody from the line. QUIT DEFENDING HIM.

Baldwin is just terrible. His A-T ratio is good because he doesn’t try to make anything happen. He should never play again for us, he’s gone next year (thanks God), play the guys that will be back.[/QUOTE]
BTW, is it against the law to recuit white guys that have a B-ball mentality? I know, I know, it not PC, but I don’t care.

Look around the country, Duke, UNC even Gonzaga.

If the NCAA decides to decide the Champ this year with a track meet, we’ve got a shot. If not, recruit B-ball players instead of track stars.

we have 3 or 4 guys coming next year that are white. stop complaining. lutz likes athletes and that is what we have. We are one of the best rebounding teams in the nation.

i wouldn’t give him a terrible rating he still leads the A10 in assist to turnover ratio.

That ratio is useless. I would have a great assist to turnover ratio if all I did was bring it up courtand pass out to someone shooting a 3. The only time you see his speed is after he has brought the ball upourt to the free throw line and turns and accerelates back to half court. 90% of the time he dribbles down and does a fast arc back out to 40 feet.

This team is in desperate need of a PG. Lutz chewed Mitchell as bad as anyone I have ever seen him chew tonight in the second half before he took him out for the last 5 minutes of the game for a redhirt freshman who looks lost.

and the proof is in the number of good shots he sets his teammates up for. The assists to turnover ratio can be a bit misleading. I agree with whomever said that most of his assists come from passes to open jump shooters, and his turnovers are low because he doesn’t really take any risks to make plays. He runs the ball down the court and doesn’t ever go any further than the free throw line. He has been that way since he hurt his shoulder. He will not take any risks of going in the lane, or try to get a steal from the opposing guards.