MITCHELL BALDWIN = TERRIBLE

Did anyone hear Lutz say in the postgame that ā€œWe donā€™t have a point guardā€? I thought I did, but maybe I was hearing thingsā€¦ He also played the switch to Lewis as it being the right time to get him some experience.

Iā€™m with Hootie on this one. Iā€™m tired of just having athletes. I want people like Eddie Basden and Jobey Thomas who are intelligent and actually know some fundamentals. This run-and-gun crap is getting awfully old.

I still take umbrage with saying that Curt has regressed. Heā€™s rebounding as well or better than he ever has in the past. So, in terms of that, heā€™s at least as good as he always has been. I say better.

In terms of offense and shooting, heā€™s on a less talented team now than he ever was before (in my opinion). He got the ball in poor position a few times. He rushed a few shots. He missed a few contested tips.

The free throw shooting, there is no excuse. Theyā€™re free. But he did not come out of the game tonight. Iā€™m sure he was tired, working on both ends to get the ball. That is not an excuse for missing free throws, but, itā€™s true.

Also, a potential All-American should still be getting more than 9 shots (2 of them from three) and 10 free throws. That is basically 7 2-point shots plus another 5 ā€œshotsā€ where he got fouled. He got the ball inside the arc for a shot 12 times. Lee took 10 3-pointers. Lee is a good player, very good, but not a potential All-American senior.

Marcus Bennett shot 10 times. Curt shot 12 times.

You donā€™t see a problem there?

I know you guys discussed about our guards. I love our big man. But, it hurts me to see CW at the line (4-10). He needs to make it part of his game. We would win or change the outcome of a lot of games. I really miss Demarco days. He would get his points either way. And, no ā€œgoonsā€ could stop him nor frustrate him into getting a technical either.

Curt needs to take his damn time on the free throw line. Take a deep breath, bend your knees, and for chrissakes DRIBBLE THE BALL A TIME OR TWO. You donā€™t get a bonus point for shooting within three seconds of getting the ball.

I know you guys discussed about our guards. I love our big man. But, it hurts me to see CW at the line (4-10). He needs to make it part of his game. We would win or change the outcome of a lot of games. I really miss Demarco days. He would get his points either way. And, no "goons" could stop him nor frustrate him into getting a technical either.

Demarco also had the advantage of one of the best passers weā€™ve had in a long timeā€¦ Colson. Something tells me Curt would be less frustrated if he was as lucky.

well the technical curt received during the st. joes game wasnā€™t deserved. Curt was getting held by his jersey and it was blatently obvious. I think the refs were trying to keep that game close on purpose.

Iā€™d trade anyone on our team right now for an Atsur or Itimovā€¦

I would love to have an ex Rhody such as Sean Colson. I remembered even with a dislocated shoulder problem during the game. He took us pass a very good Georgetown team in '97. We do need a point guard real bad.

Guard play dictates college basketball, and our guards do not have it. Lee missing wide open shots, and Baldwinā€¦ oh godā€¦

it was hideous.

Maybe Jerrell Lewis could teach him a thing or two about how to break the press and push the ball up the court.

shan the thing bout jlew is the fact that he is still a freshman. Mitch has played in many of games but has been really fragile with the way he plays because of his shoulder injury last season. It has changed his still of play from being a hard offensive guy to a guy who plays conservatively just so he wonā€™t get hurt again.

dax I agree but that doesnā€™t excuse the stupid shots he took. How many easy shots did he miss? His shoulder injury might affect how conservatively he plays, but it shouldnā€™t affect the quality of his play.

none of our guys could make any shots today. he generally does take a decent selection of shots.

He generally doesnā€™t shoot enough. but if today was any evidence as to how he would shoot, Iā€™d rather him not.

Time for Baldwin to hit the bench.

That play at about the 6 minute mark when her tried to dribble between his legs and got his pocket picked, was terribleā€¦

Lutz pulled him after that and I expect he will not start against Richmond.

[QUOTE=Brick Tamland, Weather;150133]I still take umbrage with saying that Curt has regressed. Heā€™s rebounding as well or better than he ever has in the past. So, in terms of that, heā€™s at least as good as he always has been. I say better.[/QUOTE]

He may not be regressingā€¦but he hasnā€™t improved AT ALL since his Freshman yr (in terms of his offensive game).

He has improved in rebounding but his offense is horrendous. He has ALWAYS gotten his points off of rebounds, put backs and garbage.

Some people say that he doesnā€™t get fedā€¦which, in my opinion is only about 10% of the problem.

Curt, as our #1 option is showing his faults. He does not know how to post up and seal for good position against big, legitimate post defenders.

Also, how many of the following post moves have you EVER seen Curt use:

• Drop step
  • Up and under
  • Baby hook
  • Spin left (weak side)

When you feed Curt the ball, he has no clue. He has literally ZERO pst moves. All he ever does is spin right, fade away jumper. At 6ā€™8" 240ā€¦that is ridiculous!!!

Noone has mentioned yet the 3 dunks he missed tonight either. When he gets taken out of a game mentallyā€¦he pouts and gets lazy too.

Regressionā€¦close call. But he is no better (offensively) than when he was a Freshman.

[QUOTE=sf49er;150165]Time for Baldwin to hit the bench.

That play at about the 6 minute mark when her tried to dribble between his legs and got his pocket picked, was terribleā€¦

Lutz pulled him after that and I expect he will not start against Richmond.[/QUOTE]

Be real man, how long did Curtis Nash start at point?

Do you have an obsession with Baldwinā€¦He played bad, man, bad you get real

[QUOTE=sf49er;150171]Do you have an obsession with Baldwinā€¦He played bad, man, bad you get real[/Quote]

I didnā€™t see the game, but him playing terrible only reinforces what I said.

I believe he played bad, but, how many games did Curtis Nash start for us at point?

You said Mitch would be benched for playing poorly.

Again I say, how many games did Curtis Nash start for us?