Most over / underrated Restaurants

Johnny’s for the win

1 Like

I was underwhelmed at Waterman

Try fairweather in noda. Very good. Also link & pin is very underrated. Yhe most overrated restaurant in charlotte is pinkys. Mediocre at best

1 Like

I live in the building fairweather is in, but have never gone in to try it. I’ll have to check it out sometime.

clt asks if you just demanded a :burrito:

Underrated

Zafran near university.

Underrated:

-Burtons Grill and Bar
-Viva Chicken
-Jason’s deli Rueben (needs fries but complimentary ice cream helps)
-Cabo fish taco (a few dollars overpriced though)
-Rock n Roll Sushi (straight value)
-The Local Scoop Ice Cream (Honey vanilla and strawberry dream)
-Snooze, an A.M Eatery (very impressed)

Overrated:

-Velvet Taco (way overpriced and tacos always tore)
-JJ’s Red Hot (too charred)
-Panera Bread
-800 degrees Woodfired Kitchen
-most artisan pizza places charging $22+ for a large pizza. So many variables and too many things can go wrong for a bad pizza (too flimsy, too charred, toppings all slide off, toppings too large and not enough on each slice)

1 Like

I’m going to have a disagree on this one. Mr Tokyo is on a completely different level when it comes to all you can eat sushi.

Maybe I went on a bad night but I found rock and roll to not just be underwhelming, but actually bad. The hibachi was fine though.

For @BurritoSlayer49 and @Iliketacos

Underrated: Carrburritos

Mr Tokyo
Snow White Roll
Deep Blue
Carolina Roll
Crab Salad

I preferred Rock n Roll over Mr Tokyo just because I didn’t have to order in pieces of 6-8, I could try it and waste if I wanted if wasn’t good. The no wait was the biggest thing for me. Too many times on rounds 2 and 3 at Mr Tokyo I’m just sitting there waiting. And then the dreaded wait where you are very full and here comes your next plate. Hibachi and apps better at rock n roll and sushi better at Mr Tokyo. But great value at both places for what you get.

Roasting Co - underrated

Noble Smoke - overrated

1 Like

Ate at the Velvet Taco after the game on Saturday. Also like Southbound and Tacos 4 Life usually pretty good too! :taco:

I love the bbq at noble smoke but I never went back after my first two visits. It’s outrageously expensive for a bbq joint.

Midwood is a much better value.

1 Like

Noble smoke $11 for a single slice of brisket… All the lolz.

1 Like

Not that on topic, but I was a little surprised.

Fuel pizza is gross

I’m glad I’m not the only one that thinks that Mac’s is not great. I’ve given them multiple chances and have never liked their Q. I went there for a work lunch recently and got the chicken. That was much better.

1 Like

My biggest problem with Q in Charlotte is that no one has a killer sauce here (or I just don’t like NC sauces). I used to “import” sauce from hole in the wall places in Alabama that would knock your socks off. Always a hit when I shared some of my stash. Just the right amount of heat and tanginess, everytime. Haven’t ever been able to find that here. Most sauces here taste like bad ketchup to me.

The best BBQ places and sauces are in the surrounding little towns, not Charlotte proper.

1 Like