Move the students back to 104

On a more nostalgic note, I miss the old days of hanging out for better tickets. The old three door system Based on points with a DJ and often with pizza while we all formed a line and waited for hours was awesome. We had cheer sheets and a white board; and we were LOUD and filled the section(s). I hope Hill and Sanchez can restore some of that energy.

1 Like

As a student in my day it was tough to get in the lower bowl at all. I spent most of my time in the uppers. However, that is what success looks like. With a larger student base and some winning seasons we can get back to that. We have to get to a point where the lower just doesn’t have any tickets remaining.

That said I am not much help. Since moving to the East side of the state it is tough to make it there on a Tuesday or Sunday evening. I want to be there, but I have to work for a living.

1 Like

This is correct. The move was to sell more premium tickets. It didn’t pan out but that was the reason behind it.

I do not know if this is the case still. But last year I was in the student 49er club (20.00 for the year) and if you are in that club you get tickets for 104. Regular students have to sit on the ends

Student seating used to be 102->106 and 201->207. Basically everything you would see on TV which makes it far more intimidating to away teams. Lots more noise and Unity.

1 Like

If Mark Price had worked out this might have been a good plan. A full Halton, several hundred thousand more dollars per season as fans stepped up to more expensive seats and increased their donations to get them. A loud, cheering stadium because we were winning again. What could go wrong? Well Mark Price could.

I believe the thought process was that you make a move like this when your program is down and less people care. When the winning returns you are positioned to take advantage of the change.
Sadly it just reinforced the apathy. If we try this again, and maybe at some point we should, we need to do it when enthusiasm is highest and students want to be there regardless of which seats they have. Nobody likes getting bumped, but welcome to the real world.

Record with Students in 104: 181-70 72%

Record with Students elsewhere 35-38 48%

Also we never had a losing record for a season in Halton until we moved the students.

Looks like they did away with premium seating for student 49er club members. Also their website is being run through weebly with a .weebly address. I feel like the AD should set them up with a real website if they care.

Looks like 104-108 and then 201-207. Pretty sure CUSA banned students being behind the away bench after our Cincinnati indecent. Do we know if those rules still exist? Seems like we’ve started allowing students behind the away team this year in football where that section was formally roped off and sold.

That looks cool as shit, we’ll get back there one day. Hill will understand where students need to be. At UF the students are right behind the benches I think or right on the court.

1 Like

Hell, look at dook. Their students are right up to the end and sidelines with their mockery and arm-hand shaking ju-ju jinx-you gestures. Nobody seems to mind that, do they?

That’s what I’m talkin’ ‘bout! I was in that sea of black shirts.

This move needs to happen, full stop. How do we press the issue?
Win games. Keep beating Davidson. Make noise in conference. This will cure a lot of the current ills.

More students will care, and it will make more alums and donors align on their side in pushing for this move to happen. Demand will create supply.

It would be nice to be back the way it was but in reality the students don’t really care. Leaving campus last night, I drove my multiple groups of students walking back to their dorms with their free shirt in hand. They all looked like they had just let a funeral. At least be happy that you got a freaking free t-shirt!!!

I’ve been sitting with my son in student section 111 while he matriculates (don’t use that word very often!) at UNCC. No funeral atmosphere around us last night. In fact, only issue I had was with the handful of students who were wearing red!

Run I mean this with all due respect, but if you are trying to say last night was anything like the 104 days, that’s just incorrect

Not saying that. Just wanted to note that in 111 the kids were boisterous in their support of the home team last night. Definitely agree with a move back to 104!

I’d give the kids a break for not being overly joyous while walking back to their dorms in 26 degree weather.

Is 111 behind the basket near the band? If so, maybe that is the case, they looked a bit more lively. But the end near our bench was plain awful. Like sitting the whole time, never cheering.