Movies with really good plot twists

My and my rommate were just talking about how rare it is that a movie has a really good and creative plot twist that you don’t see coming. What are some of your favorite movies that turned the plot around on a dime?

Off the top of my head I’d go with…

The Sixth Sense
The Others
The Village

If anyone claims they saw these twists coming, they’re lying. One of my pet peeves is when movie snobs can’t swallow their pride and admit that they didn’t see a twist coming. I have a feeling we have one or two of those on this board.

What are some others?

Uh, hello?
[B]
THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK[/B]

its a shame that i never got to fully experience that twist though, with everyone saying “Luke, I am your father” into window-fans.

The Sixth Sense has to be ranked #1.That movie blew my mind.

The Prestige.

[LEFT]The Monster Squad… Frankenstein… you loveable son of a bitch.[/LEFT]

[QUOTE=andrew_uofc;438450]The Prestige.[/QUOTE]

Yup!

The Village was a movie that was screaming twist the whole time. Didnt know what it was gonna be though.

Another good one…

The Wicker Man (nicholas cage). Now theres a twist for ya.

[QUOTE=Gill2003;438460]Yup!

The Village was a movie that was screaming twist the whole time. Didnt know what it was gonna be though.

Another good one…[/QUOTE]

I think a lot of people figured out that the monsters weren’t real pretty quickly, but the village existing in modern day tricked everybody.

[QUOTE]The Wicker Man (nicholas cage). Now theres a twist for ya.[/QUOTE]

Also gave us some of the funniest scenes in Nic Cage’s career…

“THE BEEEEESSS!!! NOT THE BEES!!!”

and of course, when he dresses as a bear and then punches a girl in the face.

Fight Club and Hide and Seek are a couple others. Both those twists along the same lines.

Usual Suspects

One of the best twists was in Primal Fear, and there was also a good one in my all-time favorite movie, Field of Dreams. Another good twist in a Costner movie was No Way Out.

[QUOTE=49timesthelovin;438465]Usual Suspects[/QUOTE]

Absolutely

[QUOTE=J Felt;438461]Also gave us some of the funniest scenes in Nic Cage’s career…

“THE BEEEEESSS!!! NOT THE BEES!!!”

and of course, when he dresses as a bear and then punches a girl in the face.[/QUOTE]
That movie suuuuuuuuuuuuucked. Watch the original Wicker Man, the British movie from the 70’s, if you want to see it done right.

[QUOTE=UNCCTF;438468]That movie suuuuuuuuuuuuucked. Watch the original Wicker Man, the British movie from the 70’s, if you want to see it done right.[/QUOTE]

You need to rethink your definition of suck.

Any movie that contains Nic Cage dressed as a bear punching a woman by definition cannot suck.

Forgot to mention Body Heat.

(I agree with UNCCTF on The Wicker Man)

The Others was an okay movie, but greatest plot twist of all time? Really? The Usual Suspects was an ehh movie with a pretty good finish. I can understand calling that one of the greatest plot twists of all time.

The single greatest plot twist of all time is easy, Chinatown. If you haven’t ever seen it, you need to see it. That is a plot twist, you won’t see it coming and it will hit you.

Sixth Sense is probably the second best of all time. People can say they saw it coming, but if you had no idea there was a plot twist, then you never saw it coming. It was also a good movie. I can still watch it and enjoy it.

Soylent Green had one of the more interesting plot twists.

Maltese Falcon, “This is the stuff dreams are made of.” Of course, that’s not really that shocking of a plot twist, and it makes total sense.

L.A. Confidential has a pretty solid twist.

[QUOTE=Powerbait;438472]The Others was an okay movie, but greatest plot twist of all time? Really? [/QUOTE]

wtf? :huh: Please go back and point out where I said greatest twist of all time.

[QUOTE=Chisox17;438474]wtf? :huh: Please go back and point out where I said greatest twist of all time.[/QUOTE]

Fair enough, you didn’t. But, I did see the plot twist in the Others coming. Not right off the bat, but having seen the 6th Sense, it was easy to see it coming.

Another movie that fits into that mold (but it isn’t really a plot twist) is the Orphanage. That was a great movie.

the original Planet of the Apes

Coming To America…

Who ever thought the Cleo McDowell would ever have a change of heart about Akeem…same goes for King Joffer.

3 more with unforseen twists:
Dragonfly
The Skeleton Key
Identity

These 3 don’t have a twist at the end but have a neat sci fi twist in common that make them very interesting to wacth:
Deja Vu
Butterfly Effect
Frequency