Movies with really good plot twists

[QUOTE=Jimmyhat49er;438900]I hate movie snobs who can’t admit when there are plot twists they never saw coming and only think plot twists exist in M. Night Shyamalan movies…[/QUOTE]

lol nevermind…

[QUOTE=Jimmyhat49er;438859]Some I haven’t seen mentioned:

Heist - Gene Hackman awesome flick.

No Way Out - Kevin Costner

The Game - Michael Douglas, Sean Penn

Angel Heart - Mickey Rourke

LA Confidential - One of my top 5 all time movies.

Shawshank Redemption - My all time #1.[/QUOTE]

Shawshank is my number 1 too. However, I’m not sure I’d call it a twist.

[QUOTE=Jimmyhat49er;438900]I hate movie snobs who can’t admit when there are plot twists they never saw coming and only think plot twists exist in M. Night Shyamalan movies…[/QUOTE]

And Fincher movies.

[QUOTE=49timesthelovin;438914]Shawshank is my number 1 too. However, I’m not sure I’d call it a twist.[/QUOTE]

If you think the dude is going to spend his whole life in the F@cking prison and he doesn’t, that is a pretty big F@cking twist!! Kind of like if you think a character is alive, but it turns out he is dead or if you think the movie take place in one time period but it turns out it is a totally different time period.

[QUOTE=Gill2003;438581]I googled ‘Movie Twists’ and one move I saw that wasnt mentioned was ‘12 monkeys’. I remember watching the movie, being blown away by it and then reading the book![/QUOTE]

have you watched La Jetee, the short film 12 Monkeys was based on? It’s by a filmmaker named Chris Marker. It was made in the 60s.

[QUOTE=Jimmyhat49er;438918]If you think the dude is going to spend his whole life in the F@cking prison and he doesn’t, that is a pretty big F@cking twist!! Kind of like if you think a character is alive, but it turns out he is dead or if you think the movie take place in one time period but it turns out it is a totally different time period.[/QUOTE]

Jurrasic Park. HUUUGE twist in it when that velociraptor jumped out of the bushes and killed that dude with the gun. I mean, I was expecing the first one to kill, him, but then this [I]other[/I] one jumps out of the bushes and does it instead!! Totally blew my mind. One of the bests twists in a movie ever!

LOL I’m kidding with you Jhat. :tongue: I can see how you’d consider Shawshank a twist if you were thinking the movie was about him spending his whole life in jail.

[QUOTE=Chisox17;438922]Jurrasic Park. HUUUGE twist in it when that velociraptor jumped out of the bushes and killed that dude with the gun. I mean, I was expecing the first one to kill, him, but then this [I]other[/I] one jumps out of the bushes and does it instead!! Totally blew my mind. One of the bests twists in a movie ever!

LOL I’m kidding with you Jhat. :tongue: I can see how you’d consider Shawshank a twist if you were thinking the movie was about him spending his whole life in jail.[/QUOTE]

Well, for a minute there, they had you thinking he killed himself. I’d say my favorite plot-twist of all-time was Primal Fear. That was brilliant. It made perfect sense and was soooo dark.

[QUOTE=49timesthelovin;438924]Well, for a minute there, they had you thinking he killed himself. I’d say my favorite plot-twist of all-time was Primal Fear. That was brilliant. It made perfect sense and was soooo dark.[/QUOTE]

Primal Fear is an excellent one, though it doesn’t qualify because M. Night didn’t direct it.

[QUOTE=Jimmyhat49er;438926]Primal Fear is an excellent one, though it doesn’t qualify because M. Night didn’t direct it.[/QUOTE]

lol jeez. Time to let it go. I gave about 7 or 8 examples throughout the thread and he only directed 2 of the ones I mentioned. Lighten up Francis :lol:

[QUOTE=Chisox17;438930]lol jeez. Time to let it go. I gave about 7 or 8 examples throughout the thread and he only directed 2 of the ones I mentioned. Lighten up Francis :lol:[/QUOTE]

That actually bring up another great plot twist: Stripes- No way I saw Ox winning that mud wrestling match or when they almost slept through graduation but showed up in time to blow Gen. Barnicke away and be just the kind of go getters he wants for his EM-50 project.

[QUOTE=Jimmyhat49er;438859]Some I haven’t seen mentioned:

Heist - Gene Hackman awesome flick.

No Way Out - Kevin Costner

The Game - Michael Douglas, Sean Penn

Angel Heart - Mickey Rourke

LA Confidential - One of my top 5 all time movies.

Shawshank Redemption - My all time #1.[/QUOTE]

I did mention No Way Out earlier. That one surprised me.

I don’t think Shawshank has a plot twist, but mostly because it is a movie about redemption. It is even in the title. I think a plot twist would have been Tim Robbins actually killing his wife instead of just sitting outside and thinking about it.

LA Confidential is a great movie, but I think what holds it back from being one of the greatest noirs of all time is the happy ending. It was Chinatown without the punch. I loved the movie though, and I have seen most of CH’s films. He’s one of the better under the radar directors in hollywood.

[QUOTE=Powerbait;439160]I don’t think Shawshank has a plot twist, but mostly because it is a movie about redemption. It is even in the title. I think a plot twist would have been Tim Robbins actually killing his wife instead of just sitting outside and thinking about it.

[/QUOTE]

Or… if it was Morgan Freeman that was banging his wife.

[QUOTE=Normmm;439163]Or… if it was Morgan Freeman that was banging his wife.[/QUOTE]
:lmao:

[QUOTE=Normmm;439163]Or… if it was Morgan Freeman that was banging his wife.[/QUOTE]

Or his own step granddaughter…oh wait…