Moving in Thursday

Hey I’ll be a freshman this semester and moving in on Thursday. Didn’t know if anybody had any advice or anything that I should know. I’m ready to party and go nuts during basketball games if that helps.

Thanks in advance

Hey man welcome to the board and welcome to the University of Charlotte. All you need to know is have a good time, make it to 65% of your classes, don’t get too wasted ON campus, and attend the games and encourage other freshman to do the same. You’ll have blast. What area of campus are you living in?

Sanford hall

oh ok that’s cool, my first year i was in scott hall, yeah the dorms are fun man. I know quite a few freshman (two notably hot girls) moving into Sanford.

Nice that’s what I like to hear. I haven’t been on campus yet when all the students have been on it so I haven’t really gotten the true feel of it yet I guess. I’ve been to a few basketball games and on campus a few times but it was either christmas break or spring break or summer so wasn’t much going on.

Welcome friend.

All you need to know is I throw the hottest pre-game parties around… Even the old timers on the board come out to em!

If you wanna get involved on campus, send me a PM with your name and number, and we’ll get you involved with Niner Nation Gold. Look forwarded to seeing new faces in the fall.

Priorities:

#1 - Study, take care of classes/keeping good grades… will be very important when you graduate to employers and it helps out when you want to remain a college student.

#2 - Socialize/party, go to games, develop friendships when #1 is done.

Welcome man! Good to see some frosh on here. Encourage anyone and everyone you know to come on here. Don’t believe what anyone tells you about “commuter school”. And please read the [URL=http://www.ninernation.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=64][B][U]football forum[/U][/B][/URL] to dispell any bad rumors. Welcome! Let us know what we can do to help.

Moved into Scott 2 years ago and stayed a semester. It was a great time and I made many friends, goodtimes!

Whatever floor you live on the girls are on the one below you, of course the floor above you too!

If you want to meet folks, leave your door open all the time!

Also go around and say hey, especially on the girl floors!

Get to know the RA, make them your friend and they won’t break your nuts too much.

Don’t be affraid to visit Moore, Scott and of course the HoHouse. North campus too!

RDH food is OK, and there are varieties of it, great place to meet folks, but SAC has the best food.

Poker games, pool and Monday Night Football and college football Thursdays in the basement room rocks.

About move in:

Take a friend and take the light stuff up the stairs. The elevators will be packed out with a line waiting. In fact, if you can do it quitely you should wait till dark to take up the heavy stuff. Its less folks in the way and the elevators are more accessible. If you get the chance to help someone move in do it, especially the ladies! IT WILL BE HOT THE DAY YOU MOVE IN, PROBABLY RAINING TOO!

Good luck and GO NINERS!:toast:

You’re coming to a great place. Treat it like that.

Other than the obvious (come to basketball games, don’t wear shirts that say “Chapel Hill is way better than UNCC,” make sure you at LEAST maintain whatever GPA you had in high school that allowed you to make it to college), I’d say that the most important thing you can do as a freshman is get involved. Getting on NNN is a good step, but there is plenty to do on campus. Pick up one of those new-fangled Student Organization Guides or just start a thread asking the people on this board what they do/did while they were here. That’s the best way to get the most out of your time here, in my opinion.

Leave all your orange Clemson Kitties stuff at home. Pull for the Niners over any other team, they are YOUR school’s team now.

I lived in Holshouser and had a blast. Welcome to Niner Nation.

49RFOOTBALLNOW about summed it up. I would say ditto to the RA comment. Our RA in Scott Hall loved to bust our balls because we played some pranks on him a few times. Word to the wise, don’t throw firecrackers in the shower while your RA is in it.

Moved into Scott 2 years ago and stayed a semester. It was a great time and I made many friends, goodtimes!

Whatever floor you live on the girls are on the one below you, of course the floor above you too!

If you want to meet folks, leave your door open all the time!

Also go around and say hey, especially on the girl floors!

Get to know the RA, make them your friend and they won’t break your nuts too much.

Don’t be affraid to visit Moore, Scott and of course the HoHouse. North campus too!

RDH food is OK, and there are varieties of it, great place to meet folks, but SAC has the best food.

Poker games, pool and Monday Night Football and college football Thursdays in the basement room rocks.

About move in:

Take a friend and take the light stuff up the stairs. The elevators will be packed out with a line waiting. In fact, if you can do it quitely you should wait till dark to take up the heavy stuff. Its less folks in the way and the elevators are more accessible. IT WILL BE HOT THE DAY YOU MOVE IN, PROBABLY RAINING TOO!

Good luck and GO NINERS!:toast:

Building on that. Just get your room key on Thursday (or earliest you can) during the day. Move in at night, when no one is around :wink:

Speaking of Sanford, I’m gonna miss the the greek girls putting their letters in the windows! :unhappy:

Nothing said welcome back like knowing the Blondies were back on campus already.

Maybe some folks in the buildings (all of them) top floors can do some useful window decorating like “GO NINERS!” and “FOOTBALL NOW!”

Any CFI’s in these buildings who can get that organized?:huh:

I really wish NNN had existed when I moved in to Holshouser in 91. Dorm life was fun though. Have fun moving in!

hey man i am moving in Thursday as well, and i am moving into cypress. the advice was great by everyone

[QUOTE=Gill2003;253103]Building on that. Just get your room key on Thursday (or earliest you can) during the day. Move in at night, when no one is around ;)[/QUOTE]

The day I moved in in '05 it was the second hottest day of the year and I was lucky to get everything in by 3 when it started raining. Was luck I lived on 5th floor because the stairs saved lots of time. Felt bad for the 11th floor folks! There were more parents then students that day (first day) and it was packed too. Had to lose 5 lbs that day though!:silly:

Moved out that December and into my current off campus apartment and it was the exact opposite. Was a mild winter up to that day but it was 40 degrees and raining constantly all day and the wind was blowing too. I thought I’d catch the Flu for sure but somehow I didnt.

Always that way on moving days though. :dry:

Same here. Thanks for all the advice. I’m sure I’ll stop by again and make a few posts.
Go Niners

hey man i am moving in Thursday as well, and i am moving into cypress. the advice was great by everyone

As someone who lives in Witherspoon, I can tell you that you’re A) going to be living in one of the nicer housing buildings on campus and B) it’s a very good idea to move in as quickly as possible. People in the Squires-Cypress-Witherspoon area are lazy and usually wait a while to move in. The people traffic gets exponentially worse every day after the first day.

Guess you’ll have to p.m. the admins on this site and get your name changed…