Moving in Thursday

Man this thread just makes me want to go back to college again.

for funā€¦ help any females that need helping reguardless of other plans. the long term benefits outweigh your daily schedule. go to all the home bball games, and related activities. Leave your dormroom door open anytime you are there.

for academicsā€¦ attend every class you are scheduled for the entire first semester. ie donā€™t skip. donā€™t try to cut corners the first semester, it will bite you in the ass, and you wonā€™t know it till its too late.

outside of that enjoy itā€¦ definitely the best 4+ years of my life.

[QUOTE=Anborn;253127]Leave your dormroom door open anytime you are there.[QUOTE]

You know I could never figure out why students left their doors closed when I was a freshman in Scott. Our hall was one of the only halls in Scott that kept pretty much all of our doors open. I met all of my still good friends from that dorm. There were problaby 60% of people who had their door closed all the time, I couldnā€™t understand how someone could live like that. I am pretty sure my door was open all the time.

[QUOTE=Charlotte2002;253126]Man this thread just makes me want to go back to college again.[/QUOTE]
Haha. I know what you mean. I am returning to taking 3 credit hours this semester. I may work towards my masters degree. I loved college!

[QUOTE=ChevEE;253130] I may work towards my masters degree. [/QUOTE]

Different ballgame.

[QUOTE=somosdel;253128][QUOTE=Anborn;253127]Leave your dormroom door open anytime you are there.[QUOTE]

You know I could never figure out why students left their doors closed when I was a freshman in Scott. Our hall was one of the only halls in Scott that kept pretty much all of our doors open. I met all of my still good friends from that dorm. There were problaby 60% of people who had their door closed all the time, I couldnā€™t understand how someone could live like that. I am pretty sure my door was open all the time.[/QUOTE]

The only time when my door was closed was to sleep and I fell asleep many times with the door open.

Anybody employ the ā€œtilted trash can full of water against the doorā€ trick?

I have some advice.
Hook me up w/ some freshman chicks if you know whatā€™s good for you.

[QUOTE=VA49er;253135]Anybody employ the ā€œtilted trash can full of water against the doorā€ trick?[/QUOTE]

Wow you just brought back some memories. Freshman year in Scott there was one kid that we didnt like very much. He had just transfered from VT and was a snobby kid. One of my friends had a unopened bottle of Hawian punch (those things were pretty big) and we leaned it on his door. Now mind you he had full white carpet in his dorm room, this is a big mistake do not do this. He also had a girl in his room at the time. We knocked on his door and told him to come out in the hall and he opened the door and the orange punch flowed into his room and soaked his carpet hahah. Man Iā€™ll never forget that one

[QUOTE=VA49er;253133]Different ballgame.[/QUOTE]

Not necessarily, I made my masters experience be like undergrad. Just live with undergrads.

Now if I go back for my PhD, that might be pushing it.

Yeah, Iā€™m thinking about going back myself. Quick question, how old is too old? (Iā€™m 27, is that pushing it)?

[QUOTE=MooseNiner;253144]Yeah, Iā€™m thinking about going back myself. Quick question, how old is too old? (Iā€™m 27, is that pushing it)?[/QUOTE]

Hell no, I went back at 26 and there were plenty of people that were older.

Good point, plus I guess I do have to show these underclassmen the true Charlotte 49er ropes right?

[QUOTE=MooseNiner;253144]Yeah, Iā€™m thinking about going back myself. Quick question, how old is too old? (Iā€™m 27, is that pushing it)?[/QUOTE]

Depends, I was 22-24 for my grad school and lived in the same house my first year out of grad school with all undergrads (like 7 people in the house). I had a balance of undergrad and grad friends which let me go out in 2 different scenes, plus many of my fellow grad students liked the fact that they had a undergrad outlet to party in.

I would think the window of opportunity is closing fast. Also it may be tougher at a school like UNCC because the graduate programs seem to favor the part-time night school student, where at Rutgers where I did my masters at has a extremely large graduate student population on campus year round.

Anybody employ the "tilted trash can full of water against the door" trick?

Yes, we did that my freshman year to this guy on the other hall, but he deserved it. It was funny as **** when he opened it. He made a high pitched cat-like sound when the water came crashing through the doorway. I miss those days.

I just threw snack packs at this one guys doorā€¦ like bombs.

Also, keep your soda can boxes of mountain dew or whatever you drink, preferably in your trunk, then when you get beer bull the switcheroo with your beer in the soda box, and you can stroll right in. Still might want to bag it just to conceal that it is opened or the possibility of a beer label showing.

I did it about every weekend or everytime I went grocery shopping at night, so it was routine and the guards or RAā€™s on duty never thought much of it b/c at that time every week I came back with stuff.

[QUOTE=Charlotte2002;253148]Also it may be tougher at a school like UNCC because the graduate programs seem to favor the part-time night school student.[/QUOTE]
Well, I believe the EE department is more of the full time, but if I do it, it will be part time night. Right now Iā€™m just doing some Continuing Ed for PE Exam and such.

[QUOTE=CharSFNiners;253152]I just threw snack packs at this one guys doorā€¦ like bombs.
[/QUOTE]

Stink bombs used to get things going.

[QUOTE=Submarley734;253150]Yes, we did that my freshman year to this guy on the other hall, but he deserved it. It was funny as **** when he opened it. He made a high pitched cat-like sound when the water came crashing through the doorway. I miss those days.[/QUOTE]

and if you really hate your roommate you can pour that two month old gallon of milk in the back of the fridge on him while heā€™s in the shower. also for somereason the highrises have wwII surplus boilers so the water could pastuerize you. whoever said rdh food is ok was obviously affected by it, sometimes its actually worth walking to the cafeteria next to smurf village, more chocolate pie please!

Once, in my public speaking class, someone did a speech on how bad the food was in the RDH. Iā€™ve heard mixed reviews. Oh, you might need to know where the bathrooms are as well because the food sometimes didnā€™t agree with you.