Moving in Thursday

get the word out about 49ers basketball and NNN. a lot of freshmen dont know and wont know if someone doesnt reach themā€¦ a lot of them go home on the weekends if/because they have nothing to doā€¦ that doesnt mean thereā€™s nothing to do. thereā€™s millions of things to doā€¦they just have to be shown.

As a recent Freshman, I recommend that you go to basketball(menā€™s and team usa), soccer(men & women), baseball, volleyball, etc games. do it all. Find some sort of organization to be a part of. For me, Iā€™m doing lax and im hopefully gonna do stuff for NN Gold this year.

make a ton of friends in your dorm in case you dont get along too well with your roommate(s)

I think this advice from the Rudius Media Message Board is pretty good: [URL=http://messageboard.tuckermax.com/showthread.php?t=385]http://messageboard.tuckermax.com/showthread.php?t=385[/URL]

Most importantly, be smart about what you do.

As a freshman, get a 4.0. Thatā€™ll give you plenty of room to f**k up later :slight_smile:

btw, if you find yourself bored on the weekends, PM me. thereā€™s a party at my place this weekend for any NNN-ites that want to attendā€¦just let me knowā€¦itā€™s at campus edge.

[QUOTE=CharlotteLacrosse16;253177]As a recent Freshman, I recommend that you go to basketball(menā€™s and team usa), soccer(men & women), baseball, volleyball, etc games. do it all. Find some sort of organization to be a part of. For me, Iā€™m doing lax and im hopefully gonna do stuff for NN Gold this year.

make a ton of friends in your dorm in case you dont get along too well with your roommate(s)

I think this advice from the Rudius Media Message Board is pretty good: [URL=http://messageboard.tuckermax.com/showthread.php?t=385]http://messageboard.tuckermax.com/showthread.php?t=385[/URL]

Most importantly, be smart about what you do.[/QUOTE]

-and most importantly, go to a school with a good football program, Iā€™d recommend anywhere in the SEC or else youā€™ll spend every Saturday watching college gameday and wondering what it would be like for Kirk and Lee to show up at your school.

Hahaha, from the above posted threadā€¦

As someone who lives in Witherspoon, I can tell you that you're A) going to be living in one of the nicer housing buildings on campus and B) it's a very good idea to move in as quickly as possible. People in the Squires-Cypress-Witherspoon area are lazy and usually wait a while to move in. The people traffic gets exponentially worse every day after the first day.
I want to key the cars of all the people that park in ridiculous spots that block the ability to move in at Cypress and Squires. For example, people moving in to Cypress that back their trucks up to the gateway between Cypress and Squires.

I swear if I see someone parked in front of Squires for 2 hours straight with their car just sitting there, Iā€™m going to smack someone. Squires already has the steps messed up from some idiot trying to back up the steps moving in.

get rid or the ā€œclemsonā€ in your username, then get back to us

[QUOTE=MooseNiner;253165]Once, in my public speaking class, someone did a speech on how bad the food was in the RDH. Iā€™ve heard mixed reviews. Oh, you might need to know where the bathrooms are as well because the food sometimes didnā€™t agree with you.[/QUOTE]
RDH - [U]R[/U]ather [U]D[/U]ie [U]H[/U]ungry. I lived in Poplar/Witherspoon for my first three years (entered in 2001), so we ate at Crossroads most of the time. It was always a little bit better.

Good luck to all the entering freshmen. See you at the sporting events.

RDH - [U]R[/U]ather [U]D[/U]ie [U]H[/U]ungry. I lived in Poplar/Witherspoon for my first three years (entered in 2001), so we ate at Crossroads most of the time. It was always a little bit better.

Good luck to all the entering freshmen. See you at the sporting events.

Whatā€™s Poplar? Was that Witherspoonā€™s name back in the 40s when you went to school? :lol: Juuuuuust kidding.

get rid or the "clemson" in your username, then get back to us

Gil, where is your QFT seal? I need it.

And see my previous post on page one of this thread.

[QUOTE=eason49;253195]Whatā€™s Poplar? Was that Witherspoonā€™s name back in the 40s when you went to school? :lol: Juuuuuust kidding.[/QUOTE]
hahaā€¦ Poplar was renamed Witherspoon in the summer of 2002.

[QUOTE=metro;253189]get rid or the ā€œclemsonā€ in your username, then get back to us[/QUOTE]

I would have to disagree with ya there metro. If he is FROM Clemson then there is no problem, it would be like me being BelmontNiner, or someone being ChapelHillNiner. Now if he has clemson in his name because he wants to still be a clemson fan, then yes getting rid of the clemson part would be wise.

Once, in my public speaking class, someone did a speech on how bad the food was in the RDH. I've heard mixed reviews. Oh, you might need to know where the bathrooms are as well because the food sometimes didn't agree with you.

I lived it. I was in Moore Hall my first year, and I never had money to eat anywhere but RDH (Residence Dining Hell). I ate their every day for a full year, and for the whole summer after that, I couldnā€™t finish even one meal of normal food in a day. That place ****ed up my stomach so bad that instead of the freshman 15, I had a freshman -27, and I never exercised. And yes, about the bathroom. We had what was called the 15 minute rule (Iā€™m sure if you ate at RDH, you are familiar with the term, or at least the action). 15 minutes after you finished eating, you better be near or at a toilet. We used to be sitting as a group at the table, then all of a suddon, everyone went quiet, thatā€™s when the race happened to get to one of the two toilets we had on our hall. It was quite amusing. I do want to say though, living in Moore **** hall was probably the best freshman experience I couldā€™ve had. I made friends that I will have forever at that godforsaken place. I guess when you share a bathroom with 12 guys, you get to know them pretty well.

This may be a little random but all this talk of RDH and Moore Hall brings back a classic memory for me. I lived in Scott hall and me and my buds had just finished a delightful lunch at RDH. As we were walking out there was about 40 elementry kids (I guess they were here on a field trip) standing on the porch of the RDH out near the quad in between Sanford and Moore. All of the sudden we heard someone saying ā€œHey kids!!ā€ and I looked up and there were about 5 guys flicking these kids off and then starting mooning them. The teachers started flipping and screaming up to them and they just kept doing it. hahahaha sorry for the random memory but its one of those that you would see in a movie like ā€œBilly Madisonā€.

The Resident Dung Hole is a pretty rough place to eat. I did always like the old man Doug who cooked up Grilled Cheese and Fried Bologna. We used to go across campus to Crossroads pretty often b/c of all of the girls from the suites. The ratio in there was unbelievable.

Moore Hall is the bomb. Every freshman should try to live there.

The Resident Dung Hole is a pretty rough place to eat. I did always like the old man Doug who cooked up Grilled Cheese and Fried Bologna. We used to go across campus to Crossroads pretty often b/c of all of the girls from the suites. The ratio in there was unbelievable.

Moore Hall is the bomb. Every freshman should try to live there.

I agree with the Moore hall quote. It gives you an experience that you wonā€™t get living in squires or any of those nice places. When I was there, we had a guy we called Cookie making grilled cheese. I never knew his real name, but he was cool. What time period are you talking about?

MOORE HALL 5TH FLOOR

[QUOTE=Submarley734;253214]we had a guy we called Cookie making grilled cheese.[/QUOTE]

Thatā€™s ironic, when I was eating there there was a lady on the grill at RDH in which we called cookie. I never knew her name either. She was CRAZY, she would always start free-styling and talk about her drug habits while cooking our burgers. She would also let us come to the front if there was a huge line. Iā€™ll never forget the one day when she started yelling across the RDH talking some junk and one of my hall mates said ā€œyou wont do nothingā€ and she took one of those ceramic plates and chucked it across the RDH and it shattered everywhere. Classic RDH

[QUOTE=UNCCTF;253190]RDH - [U]R[/U]ather [U]D[/U]ie [U]H[/U]ungry. I lived in Poplar/Witherspoon for my first three years (entered in 2001), so we ate at Crossroads most of the time. It was always a little bit better.

Good luck to all the entering freshmen. See you at the sporting events.[/QUOTE]

I lived in Cedar my freshman year and ate at the Crossroads every day. Unfortunately, they were closed on Sunday so we had to walk to RDH. The 15 minute rule is for real!! We were fighting for the bathroom when we got back to the other side of campus.

To all moving on to campus for the first timeā€¦ Welcome to the Family!! My years at Charlotte were the best times of my life. I hope you will say the same years from now.

Def. Dont be skipping the first semester. I did, and then it just becomes all too easy.

And stick with one major. Iā€™ve been in college for the better part of a decade now. But I stay because I enjoy it too :wink:

and be friendly to every girl you see. Youā€™d be surprised at how hot some of the ugly ones get within the year.

The day I moved in in '05 it was the second hottest day of the year and I was lucky to get everything in by 3 when it started raining. Was luck I lived on 5th floor because the stairs saved lots of time. Felt bad for the 11th floor folks! There were more parents then students that day (first day) and it was packed too. Had to lose 5 lbs that day though!:silly:

Moved out that December and into my current off campus apartment and it was the exact opposite. Was a mild winter up to that day but it was 40 degrees and raining constantly all day and the wind was blowing too. I thought Iā€™d catch the Flu for sure but somehow I didnt.

Always that way on moving days though. :dry:

Thats when I moved in too. I moved into. I moved into Scott hall. Not bad, I was on the 3rd floor. Im friends with all the people in my hall still. In fact, im living with 2 of them right now, and one of them is moving out tommorow for the other guy from down the hall.

Bottom line. Dont take academics too seriously! Do your homework, get good grades, but remember, College in the end is your life. Be social, enjoy the good times. it may not seem like it, but those 4 years are going to be done quicker then you think, so dont get hung up on just one thing. Take it from me, im old and graduating soon. Iā€™ve done it all, and done them all.

Best advice in the world. Have fun.

Now heres where it gets a lil emo. Dont get hung up on partying and banging every chick you can bro. I did that, and it really leaves you empty after 5 years of college. But i made the bestest friends in the world while here, and you should atleast walk away with that.