Moving the Game Against the LOLCats

I say move the game. We will have higher attendance and higher revenue.

Letā€™s be practical people.

Plus itā€™s the neighborly thing to do.

Hey even if your neighbor is an ass itā€™s still best to be the bigger man and be neighborly.

Now about this threatening atmosphere crap.

What kind of cream puffs at Davidson are we dealing with here???

Seems like everybody at Davidson is taking this stuff too seriously.

Maybe this is their one chance each year to act tough?

If anyone at Davidson is reading this, no one is impressed, no one is scared and trust me you wonā€™t get beat up at Halton.

If you think this atmosphere is threatening then you have a lot to learn about life.

Maybe leave your bubble a little more often?

Iā€™m indifferent. Iā€™d like to watch both games but if AD doesnā€™t want to change the date, wonā€™t fault them that. Iā€™ll be in Halton arena whenever itā€™s scheduled. Davidson fans normally donā€™t travel well for our games so if anything I think itā€™s more a request by McKillop. Davidson fans may travel better on weekends so if you want opposing fans, find a weekend date going forward. I hate driving to Davidson to every other year during the week.

I do wish they would pick a saturday in Dec and make that the annual game.

Occamā€™s razor: He just wants to take his kids to the games. All this talk about attendance, coverage, etc. is just a mental exercise.

Something to keep in mind about the d-bags of d-block, the majority of them are Davidson football players. This means they probably werenā€™t offered a scholarship to play football, even from D2 or D3 schools. They are already mad at life so taking their shirts off, throwing glitter in the air, and dancing to Kesha is a coping mechanism. #pioneerleagueforlife

I do wish they would pick a saturday in Dec and make that the annual game.[/quote]

The only thing that would help Davidson fans travel to our beautiful campus is if The Pines offered shuttles. ;D

Most of them also come from families with money and large trust funds. I was told that Davidson sponsors football just so some rich kids can fulfi their dream of playing college football and if you look at their donor base most of it comes from former football players.

Would Davidson have rescheduled the game for us if Curry had played for us instead of Davidson? My guess is probably not. I say leave it like it is unless rescheduling will benefit the Niners.

I donā€™t care about the date of the game - in fact, I say change it so that Steph can come visit Halton and witness a Davidson loss much like the last time he was at Halton. But, I did just want to point out all the crying going on in this post. Wow. Our players and fans are abusive and threatening but your lot is just civil and sweet? Neat story, pretty fair and balanced.

Its a basketball game. Iā€™ve never heard of any arrests or fights on either campus in the 20+ years Iā€™ve been following. But, maybe you have heard different?

If we had a player in the NBA coming to town on the same night I would want to move the date too. Would they accommodate us? I donā€™t know, but I would want them to, so we should accommodate them. This is no big deal, even if some DC whiner comes over here to ā€œeducateā€ us.

Curry is a heck of a player, and apparently a heck of a guy, and probably the only NBA player they will ever have. They should enjoy it while they can. We should focus on getting back to the level where we expect to beat them every year, and actually do two out of three. Letā€™s not worry about the wrong things.

[quote=ā€œNugget, post:51, topic:29769ā€]If we had a player in the NBA coming to town on the same night I would want to move the date too. Would they accommodate us? I donā€™t know, but I would want them to, so we should accommodate them. This is no big deal, even if some DC whiner comes over here to ā€œeducateā€ us.

Curry is a heck of a player, and apparently a heck of a guy, and probably the only NBA player they will ever have. They should enjoy it while they can. We should focus on getting back to the level where we expect to beat them every year, and actually do two out of three. Letā€™s not worry about the wrong things.[/quote]

I agree with this post 100%.

[quote=ā€œNugget, post:51, topic:29769ā€]If we had a player in the NBA coming to town on the same night I would want to move the date too. Would they accommodate us? I donā€™t know, but I would want them to, so we should accommodate them. This is no big deal, even if some DC whiner comes over here to ā€œeducateā€ us.

Curry is a heck of a player, and apparently a heck of a guy, and probably the only NBA player they will ever have. They should enjoy it while they can. We should focus on getting back to the level where we expect to beat them every year, and actually do two out of three. Letā€™s not worry about the wrong things.[/quote]
Nugget the voice of reason. What is the world coming to???

LOL