Mr. Announcer.......

Two wrongs don’t make a right. That’s a first grade lesson we may need to revisit on this board.

What the announcer did is commonly referred to as “bush league”. Unprofessional, unclassy. Obviously he is human, got caught up in the game, and made an error in judgement. But that is something he could get himself ejected for.

If there had been an A10 official in the house, I doubt he would have been able to work our games any further.

They don’t take kindly to that type of stuff. And neither should we, since we should want to be above the fray. You have to let the officials’ evaluators do their job. I’m sure Bobby will be sending them the tape if he feels that ref was calling the game wrong or one-sided.

Clearly hindsight is 20-20, but had that happened to us at Cincinnati or any other hostile environment, everyone here who said it was “funny” would be chirping another tune. Don’t try to deny it.

[QUOTE=Brick Tamland, Weather;150246]Two wrongs don’t make a right. That’s a first grade lesson we may need to revisit on this board.

What the announcer did is commonly referred to as “bush league”. Unprofessional, unclassy. Obviously he is human, got caught up in the game, and made an error in judgement. But that is something he could get himself ejected for.

If there had been an A10 official in the house, I doubt he would have been able to work our games any further.

They don’t take kindly to that type of stuff. And neither should we, since we should want to be above the fray. You have to let the officials’ evaluators do their job. I’m sure Bobby will be sending them the tape if he feels that ref was calling the game wrong or one-sided.

Clearly hindsight is 20-20, but had that happened to us at Cincinnati or any other hostile environment, everyone here who said it was “funny” would be chirping another tune. Don’t try to deny it.[/QUOTE]

Another voice of reason

Two wrongs don't make a right. That's a first grade lesson we may need to revisit on this board.

Clearly hindsight is 20-20, but had that happened to us at Cincinnati or any other hostile environment, everyone here who said it was “funny” would be chirping another tune. Don’t try to deny it.

A remark Aristotle would love.

Reason > emotion

…at least sometimes…

In the context, it was "wrong"
but FUNNY as H***!!! ahahahhahhahhhahhhahhhhahahahahhahaha!!

Definitely wrong but fitting. He could have played it off by continuing:

It’s a foul…on number 22, Charlotte’s ball under the basket. But he just stopped and must have thought…DID I JUST SAY THAT OUT LOUD.

As Joel Goodson told the Princeton interviewer, sometimes you gotta say “what the ****”…

A little rebelliousness is a good thing. Lord knows, we have it around here. It’s only problematic when it becomes habitual.

Was that gripe unprofessional? Yeah, pretty much. Counterproductive? I doubt it. If anything, it was a release valve for the very angry crowd and served notice that the little floor nazi was screwing us. It’s a fine line to walk, and I wouldn’t want him to do it again, but seriously, some times you DO have to speak up, or you’re just asking to be walked all over.

Next time, we’ll do it the “right way”, and the cool thing is, someone is gonna remember this incident just because it was made memorable. Again, that’s not an entirely bad thing.

It was the reason for the only non-incredulous smile I had on my face the entire second half. For that, it was worth it.

Kudors Mr. Announcer. You said what 8K were thinking. I’d be curious to know what Bobby REALLY thought about the comment.

God bless some of you, but you way over analyze things…

It was a funny comment, we all tought it, we will remember it, and life goes on.

Was it PROFESSIONAL? NO

We must be pretty desperate to keep posting about it:)

Thought it was pretty funny. The way the refs have been calling these games at Halton has been terrible.

What happen to our old announcer? This guy blows.He sould be more professional.It was un-called for.He should be replaced.

[QUOTE=ninerrbl;150450]What happen to our old announcer?[/QUOTE]
Mr. HomeInHalton moved out of state, away from Charlotte. :unhappy:

I enjoyed it, the announcer moved up a notch in my book. I’ve been to sporting events where I wished the announcer would just say something because my team was getting screwed. I thought it added a bit to a rather unexciting atmosphere.

Was it professional, no but neither were the two refs getting in his face pointing their fingers. Not to mention the ref that was pointing at Lutz prior to T’em up. Go talk to our coach rather than pointing your finger.