My 2 FSL's are for sale

Kind of a weird legacy to be ā€œproud ofā€. Judy did a TON for this school and athletics and is the sweetest person you could ever meet - and your legacy is helping her lose her job that she had put so much blood, sweat, and tears into. Bravo?

4 Likes

I thought Judy did a lot for the program, but times and circumstances changed and she didnā€™t adapt. She should have recognized that and clearly she needed a push to do so. Sheā€™s retired with a state pension as pocket money and a house on Lake Norman and a boat. She has her name on a building. She gets to come to any 49er related event she wants. Sheā€™s even still consulted on our sports issues.

Iā€™d take that kind of ā€œjob lossā€ any day.

I think helping her realize she was no longer helping was a worthy cause. That she required folks to go to the lengths they did was on her.

4 Likes

This makes me sad. Sad to lose another and even sadder because Iā€™m almost there myself. I havenā€™t done anything with my renewal yet. I have 4 FSLs.

I think Iā€™m in for one more year though. Not sure what Iā€™ll do for basketball renewal.

2 Likes

Donā€™t worry, the Slayer is upgrading to FSLs

9 Likes

Love it! I have a cold one for ya at the ambulance in the fall!

1 Like

I guess I am getting old because these stated losses to the program feel almost like deaths with the good bye and good luck final posts like obituaries of good bye. As you get older you learn to accept that fact and that is how this all works out for everyone but it is sad to think this is how a program now dies.

3 Likes

Do wish marketing would realize that they are not really building a sense of great value for these seats when they use a picture of an empty stadiumā€¦

clt says that looks like a road game.

FWIW I will be buying another FSL when my kid turns two years old.

4 Likes

You mean ā€œfourā€ years old right?

1 Like

That kind of thing is a legacy of the Judy era. Everyone in that department doing things with the mentality of an hourly employee just punching the clock. No pride or caring.

If they donā€™t care, why should we?

I can bring my kid to games for free until they turn four years old? I thought it was two.

Itā€™s technically two, but unless your kid is massive, nobody cares enough to say anything. Brought mine until he was almost five without a ticket.

1 Like

Yeah they arenā€™t requiring evidence. Your kid is just 110% percentile

Yep. The road team normally wears white. Still should have used a different picture.

Should have used the photo of that tackle on the last kickoff in the Duke game

3 Likes

I have definitely lost a lot of interest and may also sell my FSLā€™s in another year or two.
But, I surely wouldnā€™t brag about getting someone fired and then quitting on the replacementā€¦

2 Likes

Iā€™m still nowhere near leaving and treasure my Saturdays on campus. Even as disappointing as last year was the Duke game was a magical moment. Hopefully we get back on track next year.

10 Likes

And $1000 later Iā€™m in for another year.

6 Likes

Thanks for sharing your reasons. I have several friends that have mentioned COVID changed how they prioritized sports in their life. At this point, I have continued to purchase season tickets for football but my wife has started to question if itā€™s worth it after the last two years.