My 2 FSL's are for sale

My wife has questioned the need as well to keep my 4 FSLā€™s since:

1. We live in Raleigh
  2. Both of my sons (17 & 14) express no interest to drive that far and burn an entire day to tailgate and go to the game (also see #3 and 4)
  3. The results on the field hasnā€™t been all that great
  4. Most of the teams we play arenā€™t that note worthy

I was able to convince the family that notwithstanding the relevant reasons above, that we would renew again. Iā€™m not certain that I will have the same persuasive arguments in the future. Best case is that we drop from 4 to 2 and hope that I can use both consistently.

Iā€™m that pie in the sky person waiting to be part of a program that will have an impressive mid to large size stadium, while playing top level teams, and having great success. That is what is keeping me around and that has me still travel so far for each game, however my insanity will only last so long.

Hereā€™s to my rosey optimism.

3 Likes

I get it. Weā€™re not big time. But I donā€™t look at it that way. I havenā€™t been to a home game since Campbell. I buy my tickets to support the school / program. We arenā€™t going to get over the hump without more of us doing that. I buy my season tickets every year and donate my tickets back to the athletic department. Someday, I hope I can come use them, but just not in the budget to fly back and take in a game. (yes, flying back costs more than the tickets)

9 Likes

You sir, have been, and continue to be an outstanding 49er. You get it.

6 Likes

My wife and I started with 4 FSLs then later went down to 2 FSLs when we got tired of trying to talk our kids or friends into going. With the last two FSLs, I was going to just walk away but luckily was able to transfer them to a fellow board member so hopefully they will get full enjoyment from them!

I am sitting on 3 FSLs. My kids LOVE going - we will see if that holds as they get older. My wife loves coming so that is a bonus. I buy a gen admission for the 4th kid (didnt have her when I bought FSLs). As they get older I will either drop to 2 or go up to 4 by buying one from people around me. Really depends if either or both kids go to Charlotte.

Iā€™ve got four and Iā€™ll keep them. I normally give two away every game. My wife and I love coming, tailgating and seeing friends. We stay at the Marriott so we donā€™t have to sweat driving. Itā€™s a grand per year and I just chalk it up to entertainment expense. Between my drinking and gambling habits, itā€™s a drop in the bucket, lol.

Trust me, my coming to the games has about 10% to do with football.

4 Likes

Yeah it is certainly more fun the last few years where we win at home mostly - but the football games have always been about way more than football. Those saturdays are a blast. The covid year - I didnā€™t miss the football. I really missed my 49er family. If your football perspective is just around the sport and the game I can see the perspective of trying to justify the cost. If your saturday is more about relationships, then itā€™s an easier decision.

3 Likes