My Fear Is Now Reality

[QUOTE=49erWhit;243629]How do I act?[/QUOTE]
Act like what you are ā€“ a Charlotte 49er!!!

I grew up pulling for UNCC and NC State. There was one exception I made when the Wolfpack played and if you canā€™t figure that one out, then thereā€™s no hope for you.

Whit, hereā€™s how it works:

1. You ALWAYS pull for the Niners, no matter the opponent.
  2. You always pull for the A-10 in OOC play
  3. You always pull for our OOC opponents to go almost go undefeated (afterall, they did lose to the Niners!) so they help our RPI
  4. You always pull for UNC-CHā€™s opponent
  5. You always remember #1 above

GO NINERS!!!

This should become the OFFICIAL Niner Nation pledge:

[QUOTE]1) You ALWAYS pull for the Niners, no matter the opponent
2) You always pull for the A-10 in OOC play
3) You always pull for our OOC opponents to go almost go undefeated (afterall, they did lose to the Niners!) so they help our RPI
4) You always pull for UNC-CHā€™s opponent
5) You always remember #1 above[/QUOTE]

I used to be a ā€œHeelsā€ fan. I moved up from South Fl when I was a child and since basketball wasnā€™t that big in FL at the time, I didnā€™t really even know about basketball until I moved to North Carolina. We lived next door to 2 Carolina alumns and I became good friends with their son. I fell in love with basketball by watching the Tar Heels, and yes, Iā€™ll still root for them against other schools. I first saw Charlotte in an overtime game in the NCAA tourney against Carolina. I loved the fact that they didnā€™t care they were playing a powerhouse team, they still came out and went head to head with them and almost won against a damn good Carolina team that went to the final four that year. Thatā€™s when I started lookin at Charlotte, visited, and applied to Charlotte and Chapel Hill. I was accepted to both, but when I visited Chapel Hill, it didnā€™t have the same affect on me as Charlotte, so I chose Charlotte. To this day, if Charlotte plays Chapel Hill, the thought doesnā€™t even come into my mind who I will root for. If Chapel Hill ever decides to have the balls to come to Charlotte, I will be there in full green and showing all hatred towards the bastards that are trying to win on my/our home court. Every time since I came to Charlotte that Iā€™ve gone to a Carolina game in Chapel Hill, I still go decked out in my Charlotte gear. There is no question, when Charlotte plays Maryland, and you donā€™t full out cheer for Charlotte, you are not one of us. Itā€™s that simple.

Chisox,

Maybe you have a little trouble reading. I clearly stated that I will be pulling for Charlotte. When I referred to hating when my teams lose, I am referring to all sports and teams.

I will no doubt pull for Charlotte over Maryland. It will be tough because I follow both programs very closely and hate when they both lose.

Yes I went to Charlotte, but I arrived in 1995. I have been a Terrapin my entire life. How do you find it absolutely ridculous that I would not enjoy watching either Charlotte or MD lose.

My wife is in the same boat as she grew up in Maryland as well, but stated she is will route for Charlotte. While I love the terps, I have never shown up to a Charlotte game without Niner Green.

Chisox,

Maybe you have a little trouble reading. I clearly stated that I will be pulling for Charlotte. When I referred to hating when my teams lose, I am referring to all sports and teams.

I will no doubt pull for Charlotte over Maryland. It will be tough because I follow both programs very closely and hate when they both lose.

Yes I went to Charlotte, but I arrived in 1995. I have been a Terrapin my entire life. How do you find it absolutely ridculous that I would not enjoy watching either Charlotte or MD lose.

My wife is in the same boat as she grew up in Maryland as well, but stated she is will route for Charlotte. While I love the terps, I have never shown up to a Charlotte game without Niner Green.

Good to have you on our side. I know where youā€™re coming from though. Different sport, same situation. I was born in S. Florida and have been a die hard U of M football fan since I was born. My first baby picture was me in a Miami jersey. Iā€™ll have to suck it up when we get a football team and play Miami. I will be in Green and Gold, not Green and Orange. I feel ya man, itā€™ll be alright.

i was a NC State fan before i came to charlotte. The first time charlotte did that ā€œburn all of your stuff that isnā€™t charlotte gearā€ i got rid of everything that had a nc state logo on it. by far the happiest day of my life. iā€™m glad they had a bon fire of such nature.

The real thing about rooting for other teams is that is boils down to one question:

What did [Maryland][UNC-CH][Clemson][whoever] do for you? Did you enjoy spending four years there? Did they give you a degree to get that good job? Did you enjoy wild parties or riveting academics there? No? But you did at Charlotte eh? And you would pull for them why? Because someone else did in your family? Because a friend did?

Fans who pull for other universities than the one they go to are simply weak minded, and cannot think for themselves. You donā€™t have to abandon your old teams completely, but you should always know who is #1. Mother Fu.ckin Charlotte 49ers.

I think this is how most people are. They go to one school and have another one they cheer for. Itā€™s even more prevalent for us given where we are and our lack of a football program.

I cheer for:
#1 Everything NINERS
#2 Chapel Hill BBall
#3 Duke Lacrosse
#4 Minnesota and Chapel Hill Football

You will never see me wearing another schools logo on campus, unless I am in my room watching a game on tv. Otherwise I wear something thatā€™s either green or has the logo on it as much as possible. I do it here in winston as well. I donā€™t think a day has gone by where i didnt wear something Charlotte

it used to be real bad, I don't know about today.... it made me want to fight a couple guys at times...teammates wearing UNC or State gear
I wouldn't blame you if you had.

There should be no issue. It is ALWAYS THE NINERS!!

Unfortunately, you will be disappointed watching the game. Iā€™ve have been a Steeler fan since I was 10 years old (31 years) and now a Panther fan for 10 years. I had seen them play each other in the preseason multiple times and didnā€™t get to worked up over it. But when I saw them last year in Charlotte I was excited before the game, but I really couldnā€™t cheer for either team because that would also mean cheering against the other team. I really hope the Steelers and Panthers never meet in the SuperBowl!

Same with high school games. When my alma mater plays the local team in the city I now live, I pull for my old team, but itā€™s just not as sweet a victory because itā€™s also a loss for the other team.

You will be excited before tipoff, but you will be disappointed after the game.

Chisox,

Yeah, Iā€™m illiterate, smartass. I was just saying itā€™s unbelievable that you are on here saying ā€œhow do I act?ā€

You pull for the Niners like crazy, how the hell ELSE would you act?? Oh and youā€™ve ā€œbeen a terp all your life?ā€ Right, tell me what classes you took there and Iā€™ll shut up. You may pull for the Terps, and thatā€™s cool with me by all means, but you are NINER. I donā€™t question your love for Charlotte, I just think itā€™s amazing that you have conflicting emotions regarding this game.

Whit=49er Diva

(for those not around thenā€¦it was the beginning of her demise because her Panthers Cheerleading bio said her favorite hobby is ā€œrooting for the Tarheelsā€)

Metro=LorenHibbsTwin

[QUOTE=metro;243715]Whit=49er Diva

(for those not around thenā€¦it was the beginning of her demise because her Panthers Cheerleading bio said her favorite hobby is ā€œrooting for the Tarheelsā€)[/QUOTE]

I heard Adam Mills dates 49er Diva. Iā€™m surprised it hasnā€™t come up before. Can anyone confirm?

I heard Adam Mills dates 49er Diva. I'm surprised it hasn't come up before. Can anyone confirm?

Thats been mentioned alot.

Whit, having gone through the same scenario with Wake, I can promise that when the Niners and Maryland meet, youā€™ll be as big of a Niner fan as if we were playing against Cincy or Louisville again. Wait and see.

I heard Adam Mills dates 49er Diva. I'm surprised it hasn't come up before. Can anyone confirm?

lol not sure how that got started, but I can promise you that isnā€™t true.

[QUOTE=Chisox17;243754]lol not sure how that got started, but I can promise you that isnā€™t true.[/QUOTE]

actually its very true, but we should leave all this alone.

actually its very true

If it is, I just have Divaā€™s real name confused with something else.

Also, if itā€™s true, thatā€™s really sadā€¦

[QUOTE=49erWhit;243629]Ever since coming to Charlotte and becoming a big 49er basketball fan, I never wanted to have to deal with this situation. Growing up as a kid in Washington DC, me and my family have bleed Maryland Terrapins sports for as long as I can remember. Season tickets to the Terps basketball games was a must. I always said I never want Charlotte to play the Terps, but I think there is no way around it.

How do I act? I canā€™t imagine rooting against one of these schools. Do I just sit on my hands and root for a good game knowing I am going 1-1 regardless.

This SUCKS.[/QUOTE]
You are jokeing right?