My Fear Is Now Reality

[QUOTE=Ninercentral;243689]The real thing about rooting for other teams is that is boils down to one question:

What did [Maryland][UNC-CH][Clemson][whoever] do for you? Did you enjoy spending four years there? Did they give you a degree to get that good job? Did you enjoy wild parties or riveting academics there? No? But you did at Charlotte eh? And you would pull for them why? Because someone else did in your family? Because a friend did?

Fans who pull for other universities than the one they go to are simply weak minded, and cannot think for themselves. You don’t have to abandon your old teams completely, but you should always know who is #1. Mother Fu.ckin Charlotte 49ers.[/QUOTE]
This is the best post ever!!!-Thanks Ninercentral

[QUOTE=CharlotteLacrosse16;243690]I think this is how most people are. They go to one school and have another one they cheer for. It’s even more prevalent for us given where we are and our lack of a football program.

I cheer for:
#1 Everything NINERS
#2 Chapel Hill BBall
#3 Duke Lacrosse
#4 Minnesota and Chapel Hill Football

You will never see me wearing another schools logo on campus, unless I am in my room watching a game on tv. Otherwise I wear something that’s either green or has the logo on it as much as possible. I do it here in winston as well. I don’t think a day has gone by where i didnt wear something Charlotte[/QUOTE]
You make me sick.

[QUOTE=metro;243715]Whit=49er Diva

(for those not around then…it was the beginning of her demise because her Panthers Cheerleading bio said her favorite hobby is “rooting for the Tarheels”)[/QUOTE]
TRUE

[B]I think this is how most people are. They go to one school and have another one they cheer for.[/B] It's even more prevalent for us given where we are and our lack of a football program.

This is not true at all… just so you know. And, it’s really a sad statement about Charlotte that due to the environment at this university and lack of student support someone would actually even think this way. It’s depressing and nauseating.

People pulling for other teams, unfortunately, is prevalent at Charlotte, no doubt. But, don’t make the mistake of believing this is how it is… that it occurs with everyone else at all the other schools too. Because it doesn’t.

This is why we need to educate incoming freshman. It’s sad when you hear something like this.

I think the answer to the first question explains well how someone should react.

http://cfn.scout.com/2/651851.html

I think the answer to the first question explains well how someone should react.

http://cfn.scout.com/2/651851.html

Our women are at a BCS level?

Mixed sports emotions are weird. I grew up in this area, but was once a HUGE fan of the Packers since I was 14 years old. I became a true Panthers fan when they arrived because they were “ours” and I’m a home-town kind of guy. When the Packers and Panthers played for the NFC Championship, emotionally I felt like I was watching my father play my son! But, I was pulling for my “son” all the way and still do.

[QUOTE=49er1;244279]Mixed sports emotions are weird. I grew up in this area, but was once a HUGE fan of the Packers since I was 14 years old. I became a true Panthers fan when they arrived because they were “ours” and I’m a home-town kind of guy. When the Packers and Panthers played for the NFC Championship, emotionally I felt like I was watching my father play my son! But, I was pulling for my “son” all the way and still do.[/QUOTE]
well said.

we’ll take it all back if you take a Maryland shirt and poot on it…

The best comment I ever heard was from this girl I was dating last year who is also an alumni. She said, " Damn, is that all you ever wear is Charlotte 49er shirts? I mean I graduated there too, but come on." Need-less-to-say, we didn’t last. Yes, it’s sad but our students need to bleed green not red nor baby blue. When we get our football stadium (with team) and our fans are all wearing green, don’t be the outcast and wear Carolina blue because you have two different teams.

Ever since I moved to NC, I became a HUGE Tarheel fan. I moved here July of 03, so it hasn’t exactly been VERY long. But I was up watching every Tarheel game all the time, no matter what sport it was. Most of my wardrobe features “Carolina Blue,” including 5-6 pairs of shoes. My room is covered in Tarheel stuff, banners, newspaper clippings, my bedding, pillows, etc. Even my curtains are “Carolina blue” and navy.

But when I truly made my decision that I wanted to go to Charlotte (Mid-Feb), that all changed, for the good. I won’t be at Charlotte for a long time coming yet, but I have become a huge niner fan. I don’t remember the last time I wore Chapel Hill stuff, unless it was during March Madness or something like that (great excuse, eh?). I don’t really like the stuff in my room too much anymore, but I’m not about to shell out a bunch of $$ to replace my bedding right now. But since I plan on going to Charlotte, I have essentially “turned off” Chapel Hill.

It’s something you have to deal with. The same situation is in highschool. My current hs just opened in August of 06, pulling most of the students from two other schools. After one year, you still have people wearing their old stuff to school, which is kind of sad. You can still be a [small teeny] fan of another team, but you have to pull for your [B]own [/B]team first and foremost.

That was a fun first post.

Ever since I moved to NC, I became a HUGE Tarheel fan. I moved here July of 03, so it hasn't exactly been VERY long. But I was up watching every Tarheel game all the time, no matter what sport it was. Most of my wardrobe features "Carolina Blue," including 5-6 pairs of shoes. My room is covered in Tarheel stuff, banners, newspaper clippings, my bedding, pillows, etc. Even my curtains are "Carolina blue" and navy.

But when I truly made my decision that I wanted to go to Charlotte (Mid-Feb), that all changed, for the good. I won’t be at Charlotte for a long time coming yet, but I have become a huge niner fan. I don’t remember the last time I wore Chapel Hill stuff, unless it was during March Madness or something like that (great excuse, eh?). I don’t really like the stuff in my room too much anymore, but I’m not about to shell out a bunch of $$ to replace my bedding right now. But since I plan on going to Charlotte, I have essentially “turned off” Chapel Hill.

It’s something you have to deal with. The same situation is in highschool. My current hs just opened in August of 06, pulling most of the students from two other schools. After one year, you still have people wearing their old stuff to school, which is kind of sad. You can still be a fan of another team, but you have to pull for your own team first and foremost.

That was a fun first post.

:clap::clap::clap:

Welcome to Niner Nation!:toast: That’s the attitude EVERY student should have!