Myles Dorn - 2016 WR

Wonder if we have any chance with his brother here. Sounds like he is leaning towards UNC-Chapel Hill.

http://247sports.com/Recruitment/Myles-Dorn-80191/RecruitInterests

[quote=“bleedsgreenandgold, post:1, topic:29442”]Wonder if we have any chance with his brother here. Sounds like he is leaning towards UNC-Chapel Hill.

http://247sports.com/Recruitment/Myles-Dorn-80191/RecruitInterests[/quote]

clt says he won’t have to go to class there.

Tennessee guy was tweeting about him today. Sounds like he has an offer there too.

if we can start reeling in guys like benjamin lemay and myles dorn, we’re going to be alright. sooner than later!

Picked Chapel Hill over Ohio State, Clemson, NC State and WVU. No surprise here.

Enjoy your 4 year postseason ban.

I don’t understand why any kid would commit there. The other schools make sense, but not CHeat.

[quote=“NinerAdvocate, post:6, topic:29442”]Enjoy your 4 year postseason ban.

I don’t understand why any kid would commit there. The other schools make sense, but not CHeat.[/quote]

For him I can understand because his dad played there but for other kids your statement is on the money.

His brother is at NCSU. They could go to school together.

I don’t understand why any kid would commit there. The other schools make sense, but not CHeat.[/quote] Eighteen year olds have no sense of perspective. UNC-CHeat takes advantage of that. His father is likely pleased, though.

[quote=“4ever niner, post:9, topic:29442”][quote=“NinerAdvocate, post:6, topic:29442”]Enjoy your 4 year postseason ban.

I don’t understand why any kid would commit there. The other schools make sense, but not CHeat.[/quote] Eighteen year olds have no sense of perspective. UNC-CHeat takes advantage of that. His father is likely pleased, though.[/quote]

They’re going to get away with it. The blue bloods are immune to the rules. Coaches know this, and recruits will follow.

I should say, football and basketball are “clean.” All non-revenue sports are dirty, especially the women sports. It’s one of the many jokes about te NCAA.

I’ve derailed this thread. Apologies.

However, they haven’t gotten away with anything. They were found GUILTY of five level 1 infractions. They will be sentenced by the COI no later than the spring. The cheating blue bastards have spent $11 million but only as a delay tactic. The hammer is coming.

Edit - see the ongoing discussion: http://ninernation.net/index.php?topic=32392.msg660077#msg660077

I don’t understand why any kid would commit there. The other schools make sense, but not CHeat.[/quote]

Really? For Dorn, his daddy went there. Blood is thicker than infractions.

[quote=“49er1, post:12, topic:29442”][quote=“NinerAdvocate, post:6, topic:29442”]Enjoy your 4 year postseason ban.

Really? For Dorn, his daddy went there. Blood is thicker than infractions.[/quote]

100% of parents in local sports circuit would accept a 4 year free education at UNC. Correction, entire nation.

get real for 2 seconds…I hate them too but come on…

[quote=“Oldrowniner, post:14, topic:29442”][quote=“49er1, post:12, topic:29442”][quote=“NinerAdvocate, post:6, topic:29442”]Enjoy your 4 year postseason ban.

Really? For Dorn, his daddy went there. Blood is thicker than infractions.[/quote]

100% of parents in local sports circuit would accept a 4 year free education at UNC. Correction, entire nation.

get real for 2 seconds…I hate them too but come on…[/quote]

I believe the typo in your post is the word ‘education’.

[quote=“Iron9er, post:15, topic:29442”][quote=“Oldrowniner, post:14, topic:29442”][quote=“49er1, post:12, topic:29442”][quote=“NinerAdvocate, post:6, topic:29442”]Enjoy your 4 year postseason ban.

I believe the typo in your post is the word ‘education’.[/quote]
nope

the Julius Peppers cheating types are 1% of UNC athletes. 99% of them get a better education and experience than UNCC provides. Its just reality. And NFL scouts adore the athletes there

again, I hate UNC with passion. But questioning why you would send your kid there for sports is hilarious. You can’t find one parent on local sports scene who buys into that.

[quote=“309er, post:10, topic:29442”][quote=“4ever niner, post:9, topic:29442”][quote=“NinerAdvocate, post:6, topic:29442”]Enjoy your 4 year postseason ban.

I don’t understand why any kid would commit there. The other schools make sense, but not CHeat.[/quote] Eighteen year olds have no sense of perspective. UNC-CHeat takes advantage of that. His father is likely pleased, though.[/quote]

They’re going to get away with it. The blue bloods are immune to the rules. Coaches know this, and recruits will follow.

I should say, football and basketball are “clean.” All non-revenue sports are dirty, especially the women sports. It’s one of the many jokes about te NCAA.[/quote]
yip

Fedora inked 7 year deal yesterday. He wouldn’t commit if they were facing big penalty, NCAA has told them whats coming (wrist slap)

[quote=“Oldrowniner, post:16, topic:29442”][quote=“Iron9er, post:15, topic:29442”][quote=“Oldrowniner, post:14, topic:29442”][quote=“49er1, post:12, topic:29442”][quote=“NinerAdvocate, post:6, topic:29442”]Enjoy your 4 year postseason ban.

nope

the Julius Peppers cheating types are 1% of UNC athletes. 99% of them get a better education and experience than UNCC provides. Its just reality.

again, I hate UNC with passion. But questioning why you would send your kid there for sports is hilarious. You can’t find one parent on local sports scene who buys into that.[/quote]

That 1% thing is a joke, right? Even people I know who were non-revenue athletes at CHeat talk about no-show classes and getting the answers to tests before class, etc.

If you’re trying to argue that UNC-CHeat has a good academic reputation, I don’t think anyone would disagree with you. But if you’re trying to suggest that only 1 out of every 100 athletes slipped through the cracks, then you’re sorely mistaken. There are many athletes who took advantage of their opportunity for a world-class education- it wasn’t 99%. That’s been readily established time and again. The bigger question is whether it’s even a majority, at this point.

[quote=“NewNiner, post:18, topic:29442”][quote=“Oldrowniner, post:16, topic:29442”][quote=“Iron9er, post:15, topic:29442”][quote=“Oldrowniner, post:14, topic:29442”][quote=“49er1, post:12, topic:29442”][quote=“NinerAdvocate, post:6, topic:29442”]Enjoy your 4 year postseason ban.

nope

the Julius Peppers cheating types are 1% of UNC athletes. 99% of them get a better education and experience than UNCC provides. Its just reality.

again, I hate UNC with passion. But questioning why you would send your kid there for sports is hilarious. You can’t find one parent on local sports scene who buys into that.[/quote]

That 1% thing is a joke, right? Even people I know who were non-revenue athletes at CHeat talk about no-show classes and getting the answers to tests before class, etc.

If you’re trying to argue that UNC-CHeat has a good academic reputation, I don’t think anyone would disagree with you. But if you’re trying to suggest that only 1 out of every 100 athletes slipped through the cracks, then you’re sorely mistaken. They’re are many athletes who took advantage of their opportunity for a world-class education- it wasn’t 99%. That’s been readily established time and again. The bigger question is whether it’s even a majority, at this point.[/quote]
I deal in reality. Not press clippings. Ive known many athletes the past 20 years at UNC who worked their butt off at UNC, that wanted a good job one day.

Real world- if you play football NFL scouts flock to UNC

Real world- UNC diploma is a top 20 national education

Again, I am on record despising UNC but deal in reality folks