Myles Dorn - 2016 WR

[quote=“Oldrowniner, post:19, topic:29442”][quote=“NewNiner, post:18, topic:29442”][quote=“Oldrowniner, post:16, topic:29442”][quote=“Iron9er, post:15, topic:29442”][quote=“Oldrowniner, post:14, topic:29442”][quote=“49er1, post:12, topic:29442”][quote=“NinerAdvocate, post:6, topic:29442”]Enjoy your 4 year postseason ban.

I don’t understand why any kid would commit there. The other schools make sense, but not CHeat.[/quote]

Really? For Dorn, his daddy went there. Blood is thicker than infractions.[/quote]

100% of parents in local sports circuit would accept a 4 year free education at UNC. Correction, entire nation.

get real for 2 seconds…I hate them too but come on…[/quote]

I believe the typo in your post is the word ‘education’.[/quote]
nope

the Julius Peppers cheating types are 1% of UNC athletes. 99% of them get a better education and experience than UNCC provides. Its just reality.

again, I hate UNC with passion. But questioning why you would send your kid there for sports is hilarious. You can’t find one parent on local sports scene who buys into that.[/quote]

That 1% thing is a joke, right? Even people I know who were non-revenue athletes at CHeat talk about no-show classes and getting the answers to tests before class, etc.

If you’re trying to argue that UNC-CHeat has a good academic reputation, I don’t think anyone would disagree with you. But if you’re trying to suggest that only 1 out of every 100 athletes slipped through the cracks, then you’re sorely mistaken. There are many athletes who took advantage of their opportunity for a world-class education- it wasn’t 99%. That’s been readily established time and again. The bigger question is whether it’s even a majority, at this point.[/quote]
I deal in reality. Not press clippings. Ive known many athletes the past 20 years at UNC who worked their butt off at UNC, that wanted a good job one day.[/quote]

Apparently you skipped the part where I said that I, too, knew several UNC-CHeat athletes. I also knew a tutor there for the athletes and I worked in NCAA compliance. The reality is that UNC-CHeat offers a top-40 national education, some top-notch athletic facilities, and the opportunity to get an education or ignore an education completely as an athlete.

So I, too, deal in reality, not press clippings. It would also be difficult to deal in press clippings, given the general lack of depth with which they’ve covered the scandal.

[quote=“Oldrowniner, post:16, topic:29442”][quote=“Iron9er, post:15, topic:29442”][quote=“Oldrowniner, post:14, topic:29442”][quote=“49er1, post:12, topic:29442”][quote=“NinerAdvocate, post:6, topic:29442”]Enjoy your 4 year postseason ban.

I don’t understand why any kid would commit there. The other schools make sense, but not CHeat.[/quote]

Really? For Dorn, his daddy went there. Blood is thicker than infractions.[/quote]

100% of parents in local sports circuit would accept a 4 year free education at UNC. Correction, entire nation.

get real for 2 seconds…I hate them too but come on…[/quote]

I believe the typo in your post is the word ‘education’.[/quote]
nope

the Julius Peppers cheating types are 1% of UNC athletes. 99% of them get a better education and experience than UNCC provides. Its just reality. And NFL scouts adore the athletes there

again, I hate UNC with passion. But questioning why you would send your kid there for sports is hilarious. You can’t find one parent on local sports scene who buys into that.[/quote]

Nah, they are mired in an NCAA scandal. That scandal encompasses way more than 1% of the (prior) football teams, unless you haven’t been paying attention. It was systematic. If you think they are or were worried about the kind of education their top tier football and bball players get, I think that’s funny, but your opinion. Facts say otherwise. Hell, even some of their former players say otherwise.

I’m not sure what NFL scouts have anything to do with education. I’m sure they don’t care. And I’m not questioning why Dorn would want to go there, I get it. But, most football players don’t go there for a rigorous academic education. Some no show classes and an easy degree from a school with a good name? Sure.

What has Oldrowniner been smoking.  You know that marginal student athletes at UNC are told about less regimented classes to keep them eligible.  If not , I for one would be nervous and intimidated knowing the scholastic hurdles I'd have to overcome.  It happens at other schools too  but to the extent of what Carolina so arrogantly tried to get away with? Wow just wow!!!!                                                                                                     To think as a kid I was a Carolina fan makes me kinda nauseated.  Before our football team I kinda pulled for UNCheat but knowing what we know now, I hate every sport, media mention, shirts, and God knows any reference to the sickening carolina blue.                                                                                                                         May the karma gods rain holy hell on all their sports for years to come.

clt also knows people and CHeat is a punchline.

Don’t buy into the hype machine.

It’s more than 1% cheating but Metro is not wrong about the experience there for the athletes versus here in particular.

Due to a lot of factors that have been posted Ad Nauseum, we are small potatoes compared to them and a lot of other schools for that matter. I know guys that have played there and everything they do from a sports standpoint is first class.

Academics, weeeellll, that’s another argument…

As much as I despise UNCCh if one of my kids had a chance to get a degree (not education mind u, I said degree) from there versus from Charlotte and both were free, it’s not even close due to the networking aspect and their alumni base.

[quote=“Oldrowniner, post:20, topic:29442”]Real world- if you play football NFL scouts flock to UNC

Real world- UNC diploma is a top 20 national education

Again, I am on record despising UNC but deal in reality folks[/quote]

The whole top 20 National education is based on myths and perceptions. There is no way to evaluate an educational experience as the student is more involved in it than the educational system. I graduated from our engineering program and have seen graduates from other Universities, such as NC State, Virginia Tech, Penn State, etc. fall on their faces in the “real world”. There has been a lot of talent come out of our school, but we suffer the same as the athletic recruiting in that perception is a bitch.

clt says our engineering and architecture programs are somewhat better than CHeat.

We know that. The general public does not.

If you have NFL talent you will be found.

[quote=“NLP49, post:29, topic:29442”]If you have NFL talent you will be found.[/quote] Thank you.

Yep, it’s amazing the amount of small school names I hear when NFL lineups are announced prior to games.

Spoken like 2 people who never worked out for a scout. Not true

If you are at Valdosta, you may get 1 chance to shine at pro day, whereas at UNC you will get multiple multiple spots to shine. It’s odds, and you’re both über wrong. UNC is a great showcase school if you want to be in NFL. Sux, but true

Think Tre Boston is in NFL if he’s at JC Smith? :))

If you are at Valdosta, you may get 1 chance to shine at pro day, whereas at UNC you will get multiple multiple spots to shine. It’s odds, and you’re both über wrong. UNC is a great showcase school if you want to be in NFL. Sux, but true

Think Tre Boston is in NFL if he’s at JC Smith? :))[/quote]That may have been true decades ago, but with the internet and every single game being filmed and recorded, it is quite possible to be found anywhere.

In today’s world, you get noticed if you’re good enough. Sure, you’ll get more exposure at a place like Chapel Hill, but it’s not as big of a deal as it used to be.

Think Tre Boston is in NFL if he’s at JC Smith? :))[/quote]That may have been true decades ago, but with the internet and every single game being filmed and recorded, it is quite possible to be found anywhere.

In today’s world, you get noticed if you’re good enough. Sure, you’ll get more exposure at a place like Chapel Hill, but it’s not as big of a deal as it used to be.[/quote]

Can cut the other way as well. Going to the showcase schools increase the chances of never even seeing the field due to talent level on the team. Some of those guys still make a NFL roster but they have fewer chances to show what they can do.

clt thinks dorn will transfer out once the sanctions come down.

In today’s world, you get noticed if you’re good enough. Sure, you’ll get more exposure at a place like Chapel Hill, but it’s not as big of a deal as it used to be.[/quote]
Ok.

I think clt is right.

Think Tre Boston is in NFL if he’s at JC Smith? :))[/quote]

Josh Norman and Mike Tolbert: Coastal Carolina. Now on 11-0 NFL Team. If you are good, they WILL find you and you’ll get a chance no MATTER where you are.

As for the JC Smith crack: ever hear of Pettis Norman? He was waaay before social media. So get logical and factual in your rants.

Think Tre Boston is in NFL if he’s at JC Smith? :))[/quote]

Josh Norman and Mike Tolbert: Coastal Carolina. Now on 11-0 NFL Team. If you are good, they WILL find you and you’ll get a chance no MATTER where you are.[/quote]

clt says lots of nfl players from non cartel schools.