Myles Dorn - 2016 WR

Hell, just look at the Steelers. Their star WR, Antonio Brown, is out of Central Michigan; their star QB, Roethliesberger, is out of Miami (OH); their RB, Williams, is out of Memphis; and their head coach is from William & Mary.

Some people just have a hard time distinguishing the truth from their feelings about people they don’t like on a personal level.

Spoken like 2 people who never worked out for a scout. Not true

If you are at Valdosta, you may get 1 chance to shine at pro day, whereas at UNC you will get multiple multiple spots to shine. It’s odds, and you’re both über wrong. UNC is a great showcase school if you want to be in NFL. Sux, but true

Think Tre Boston is in NFL if he’s at JC Smith? :))[/quote]

Josh Norman and Mike Tolbert: Coastal Carolina. Now on 11-0 NFL Team. If you are good, they WILL find you and you’ll get a chance no MATTER where you are.[/quote]

clt says lots of nfl players from non cartel schools.[/quote]
did metro state anywhere you cannot “make it” to NFL from a small school?

no metro did not

Nineradvocate questioned why “anyone would go there”?

Metro simply advocates getting head out of sand, accept NFL scouts camp out at UNC. Increases your odds of making impression

http://www.nfl.com/draft/history/fulldraft?abbr=N&collegeName=North+Carolina&abbrFlag=0&type=school

Spoken like 2 people who never worked out for a scout. Not true

If you are at Valdosta, you may get 1 chance to shine at pro day, whereas at UNC you will get multiple multiple spots to shine. It’s odds, and you’re both über wrong. UNC is a great showcase school if you want to be in NFL. Sux, but true

Think Tre Boston is in NFL if he’s at JC Smith? :))[/quote]

Josh Norman and Mike Tolbert: Coastal Carolina. Now on 11-0 NFL Team. If you are good, they WILL find you and you’ll get a chance no MATTER where you are.

As for the JC Smith crack: ever hear of Pettis Norman? He was waaay before social media. So get logical and factual in your rants.[/quote]

whats your point?

I ask this: if you had a son, are you taking the UNC offer or the Coastal offer?

The question of why anyone would go there had to do with the pending sanctions, not P5 vs G5/FCS status. I said as much:

[quote=“NinerAdvocate, post:6, topic:29442”]Enjoy your 4 year postseason ban.

I don’t understand why any kid would commit there. The other schools make sense, but not CHeat.[/quote]

He had offers from multiple other P5 schools. I think NLP is right on target. You just want to argue.

[quote=“NinerAdvocate, post:45, topic:29442”]The question of why anyone would go there had to do with the pending sanctions, not P5 vs G5/FCS status. I said as much:

I don’t understand why any kid would commit there. The other schools make sense, but not CHeat.[/quote]

He had offers from multiple other P5 schools. I think NLP is right on target. You just want to argue.[/quote]
You accusing anyone of arguing…
Paging over40

UNC is an NFL draft factory. Others not so much and if you watch CFB it’s discussed a lot. But stay in your cloud of UNC hate mode.

And Fedora knows what you do not, or he would of bailed, instead he inked 7 year deal

[quote=“Oldrowniner, post:46, topic:29442”][quote=“NinerAdvocate, post:45, topic:29442”]The question of why anyone would go there had to do with the pending sanctions, not P5 vs G5/FCS status. I said as much:

He had offers from multiple other P5 schools. I think NLP is right on target. You just want to argue.[/quote]
Paging over40

UNC is an NFL draft factory. Others not so much and if you watch CFB it’s discussed a lot. But stay in your cloud of UNC hate mode.

And Fedora knows what you do not, or he would of bailed, instead he inked 7 year deal[/quote]
A friend of mine is in the Rams Club and he said a huge factor was that his wife simply loves the area and doesn’t want to leave. Plus the money he’s getting is pretty darn good and the pressure isn’t anything like it would be at a “Football” school

[quote=“Oldrowniner, post:46, topic:29442”][quote=“NinerAdvocate, post:45, topic:29442”]The question of why anyone would go there had to do with the pending sanctions, not P5 vs G5/FCS status. I said as much:

Paging over40

And Fedora knows what you do not, or he would of bailed, instead he inked 7 year deal[/quote]

Per the 247 link in this thread, he had an offer from THE Ohio State U. As usual for you, don’t let facts get in the way of a grudge.

[quote=“hootie, post:47, topic:29442”][quote=“Oldrowniner, post:46, topic:29442”][quote=“NinerAdvocate, post:45, topic:29442”]The question of why anyone would go there had to do with the pending sanctions, not P5 vs G5/FCS status. I said as much:

Paging over40

A friend of mine is in the Rams Club and he said a huge factor was that his wife simply loves the area and doesn’t want to leave. Plus the money he’s getting is pretty darn good and the pressure isn’t anything like it would be at a “Football” school[/quote]

Good info. I think Cltniners is right though. He and his classmates will be looking for new homes when the COI announces the postseason bans.

The kid had offers from Ohio State, Michigan State, South Carolina, Miami, and Clemson. UNC Chapel Hill is small fries when comes to pumping out NFL talent.

This isn’t a case where the kid only had CUSA, AAC, Sunbelt offers and then Chapel Hill came along (that is a no-brainer for most kids).

[quote=“NinerAdvocate, post:48, topic:29442”][quote=“Oldrowniner, post:46, topic:29442”][quote=“NinerAdvocate, post:45, topic:29442”]The question of why anyone would go there had to do with the pending sanctions, not P5 vs G5/FCS status. I said as much:

Paging over40

Per the 247 link in this thread, he had an offer from THE Ohio State U. As usual for you, don’t let facts get in the way of a grudge.[/quote]

Paging over40

I wonder if this is not exactly the opposite. Chapel Hill, worried that Fedora might take the South Carolina job, signed him to a 7 year, $21+ million dollar contract because they knew that they would be severly hampered in finding a new coach that was any good because of the pending punishment. Perhaps Fedora took the deal because it puts him in the top 25 nationwide salary-wise, and he knows that performance will not matter during the remainder of his contract because his hands will be tied through no fault of his own. He will coast into retirement a rich and rested man.

Agreed. Our fans are the worse sometimes. The best school for my kid is the school he/she “decides” is the best fit for them.

I certainly would not go on my schools messageboard and say how much better school X is compared to my school.

Agreed. Our fans are the worse sometimes. The best school for my kid is the school he/she “decides” is the best fit for them.

I certainly would not go on my schools messageboard and say how much better school X is compared to my school.[/quote]

^^^^^