Name Confusion Log

For real though, this is a perfect instance of why itā€™s a problem. People who donā€™t buy it during an emergency need to get their head out of their ass.

With that said, this would be completely taking advantage of a crappy situation and thatā€™s not cool.

Perhaps we should start emailing Interim Chancellor Kevin Guskiewicz at Chapel Hill and ask him to approve the name change for our satellite campus, and copy Dubois. Dubois may not mind the association, and perhaps not the confusion, but he will not appreciate anyone thinking he works for another chancellor.

3 Likes

Update: https://tijuanaflats.com/stores/unc/ redirects to https://tijuanaflats.com/stores/uncc/ and has our full name.

@emf, you prompted me to follow up to see if Wrapway had gotten a clueā€¦and they have not. We are still UNC to them. And their food sucks.

In a basketball game he was calling in the mid-late '70s, Curt Gowdy referred to one of the teams as ā€œCarolina Stateā€.

clt has found the solution to deliver this thread to the university leadership: https://aws.amazon.com/snowmobile/

Back in the day in sports pages, by announcers we were commonly referred to as:

North Carolina-Charlotte

Yuck

Thought Iā€™d just put this here.

Tonight, watched a Wheel of Fortune that was first broadcast 10-2-17. One of the contestants was Joe Prosec (sp). Here is the first part of the meet and greet dialogue between Joe and Pat Sajak:

Pat: This is Joe Prosec (sp) from Charlotte, North Carolina. Tell us about your life in Charlotte.

Joe: I work for the Charlotte 49ers, Charlotte Athletics. GO NINERS! (pick ax hand gesture)

Pat: Charlotte is a, the school?

Joe: Itā€™s a school, yes. The university there in Charlotte. Iā€™m the Director of Athletic Video. Itā€™s perfect for me because I get to be around sports, even though I really wasnā€™t big enough to play them for too long in my life.

Joe won $3,400 and came in third. Sad. He went bankrupt in two games after getting on a little roll and looking like he was going to make some money and maybe win some games. We rooted really hard for him, but seems he pulled a NINER.

1 Like

I remember that and mentioning it in the SB.

clt assumed sajak was Canadian.

Some good name confusion in this article about Lambertā€™s return to Marshall:

1 Like

Lambert spent the previous eight years ā€” technically, six seasons ā€” at the University of Charlotte as that programā€™s first head coach.

:grinning:

1 Like

From Yahoo, The attack came a week after a gunman opened fire on the Charlotte campus of the University of North Carolina, killing two people and wounding four others.

I saw a lot of that but overlooked it in light of current events.

2 Likes

Yes, same here. Biggest concern was when it was happening and being associated with ā€œUNC-CHā€ instead. Imagine being a parent of a kid there and it NOT actually happening there? Or seeing it was at ā€œUNC-CHā€ and not realizing it was actually at Charlotte? Scary thought.

Sad but I think you have found the biggest reason for a name change.

This was not long after the incident started and before all the details were out.

If you want our name changed then embrace using UNC. Take every opportunity to tell people that is who we are, that is where our degree is from, that the shooter was a UNC student. Them being a thorn in our side is of no importance, but let us become a thorn in theirs and change will happen.