Name Confusion Log

I fully believe a name change is a dire need for our university. But spreading or implying lies about a violent, fatal tragedy is not a good look.

1 Like

Yeah, I guess I was being more metaphorical in that example. My point is that Charlotte has less juice to get our name changed than Chapel Hill would if they wanted our name to be changed.

Is this dumbass stuck in 1970? Who the hell doesnā€™t know we lost our hyphen a looooong time ago.

Saw this last night before boarding the LYNX to head uptown for the July 4th fireworks display:

Need to sneak out there with some whiteout.

With 25 stations x at least 2 (saw same sign facing opposite side platform too), going to need a lot of whiteout! Hopefully none of those at the 26th station - UNC Charlotte!

ACF Florentina practiced on campus yesterday before their International Champions Cup match on Saturday at BofA Stadium.

Probably just lost in the translation. Charlotte North Carolina University!!

1 Like

Photo byline for the following:

WBTVā€™s Molly Grantham

4 hrs Ā·

UNC-C Chancellor Philip Dubois lead us through the horror of an active shooter opening fire on his campus April 30th. Now heā€™s focused on the start of new year, how to talk about the shooting to incoming freshmen, and campus security. He also just announced heā€™ll retire June 2020. We had a great talk about his future (with twin grandsons!) and the past. Lots of honesty. WBTV News at 11p. cc: UNC Charlotte

So she erred by leaving the ā€œChapel Hillā€ out of his name?

In the WBTV interview the Chancellor was adamant about not changing the name of the university. Obviously as we all knew he loves being associated with the University of North Carolina. He was weak on getting a medical school. He was weak on getting a law school. He is weak on getting the name change. He has been a weak ineffective leader and many will not be sad to see him go

4 Likes

Ad from the university on social media.

Well, little errors like that make no difference in coding.

I have no visual evidence of this, but last night at the Panther game, they honored a veteran who had attended Charlotte. Scoreboard said ā€œUNC Gradā€ And the announcer said ā€œUNC Charlotte Graduateā€ The guy smirked when they roled ā€œUNC Gradā€ on the board.

From a Facebook ad I saw last night

i hate the name confusion as much as anyone, but I do think we need to pick our battles with it. We have a facebook ad with a discount code. Those are always a bit funky. I think the positives of having the facebook ad and code outweigh the negatives in this particular situation.