Nate Davis - draft discussion

Any info on how our guys performed?

http://draftanalyst.com/pro-day-report-charlotte

Word from pro day is Davis does not get past the 75th pick on Day 2.

clt says more money and exposure coming to uncccc Charlotte

Sounds like he might go right around the same time Larry did.

1 Like

clt says we need a foggie nfl chat page

Dane Brugler from The Athletic did a full 7 round ā€œwhat Iā€™m hearingā€ mock draft on Monday. He has Nate going in the 3rd round - 79th overall - to Atlanta. Larry was the first pick of the 3rd round in 2017 at 65th overall.

Just based on everything I read, Iā€™m feeling pretty confident that Nate goes in round 3. Good OL prospects are a rarity these days, so I imagine a run on them will start and someone will take him in that stretch.

Dane Bruglerā€™s massive draft guide, ā€œThe Beast,ā€ was released on The Athletic today. He ranked Nate as his number 4 guard prospect overall, with a 3rd/4th round grade. Only 10 days out, excited to see where Nate lands.

Iā€™m optimistic heā€™s taken in the 3rd like Larry.

1 Like

Gil Brandt has Nate at #70 in his top 150 prospects.

1 Like

clt says we need a name change.

http://draftanalyst.com/earlier-we-think

Nate Davis/OG/Charlotte: Since the Senior Bowl, Davis has been a player on the rise. Teams love his size and believe he could quickly start on Sundays. Truth be told, there was a concern over whether Davis could handle a complex blocking scheme, one reason heā€™s had a large number of predraft visits. His official visit list included the Buffalo Bills, Atlanta Falcons, Washington Redskins, Los Angeles Rams, Chicago Bears, New England Patriots and Miami Dolphins . Right now the Jacksonville Jaguars and Carolina Panthers seem the hottest for Davis, and they could look his way in Round 3.

1 Like
  1. MINNESOTA VIKINGS: G NATE DAVIS, CHARLOTTE

clt would love to see Davis as a pantherā€¦

1 Like

I will literally tear up the first time I see a NINER become a final roster Panther.

clt says tonite is the night for Nate!

1 Like
1 Like

Panthers official site has Nate as a player to watch on day two. I really hope they can get him. Hopefully he doesnā€™t go to a dumpster fire organization like the Cardinals or Giants. I think Nate will have a nice career at LG.