NC State rated 9th UGLIEST Campus

[URL=http://www.princetonreview.com/schoollist.aspx?type=r&id=695&uidbadge=%07][COLOR=darkgreen]http://www.princetonreview.com/schoollist.aspx?type=r&id=695&uidbadge=[/COLOR][/URL]

State has the nation’s 9th ugliest campus. No surprise. They’ve got one ugly campus. UMASS was rated 8th ugliest.

Gotta have an account to see the list. What was the #1 rated ugliest campus?

Haha, Drexel is number 1! That’s where my old man went for undergrad, but he never got his degree because he decided to go to optometry school even though he had enough credits to graduate. He just didn’t bother filling out the paper work to get his degree. Oh well, the diplomas are probably ugly too.

[QUOTE=VA49er;332180]Gotta have an account to see the list. What was the #1 rated ugliest campus?[/QUOTE]

Full list please…

Lots of NY schools in that top 20.

[URL=http://www.bugmenot.com][COLOR=black]http://www.bugmenot.com[/COLOR][/URL]

worked for me

I’ve seen far worse campuses. Our quad around the belk tower isn’t exactly easy on the eyes. Someone please tell me the giant shoe is gone…

I haven’t been on the State campus in a while, but don’t remember it being ugly. FWIW, the ugliest campus I have ever seen in person is the University of Louisville.

and not just because i hate the school, but i’ve always thought the chapel hill campus was ugly. they intentionally make their NEW bulidings look 200 years OLD. wtf?

[QUOTE=jfickett;332201]and not just because i hate the school, but i’ve always thought the chapel hill campus was ugly. they intentionally make their NEW bulidings look 200 years OLD. wtf?[/QUOTE]
Not sure we can say much since the recent construction at UNCC has pretty much been the retro college look. Of course, that’s much better than the Soviet bloc-style that dominated campus construction during the 1960s and 1970s after Charlotte College moved from the edge of uptown to then middle of nowhere northeast Mecklenburg County!

[QUOTE=jfickett;332201]and not just because i hate the school, but i’ve always thought the chapel hill campus was ugly. they intentionally make their NEW bulidings look 200 years OLD. wtf?[/QUOTE]

I despise that schools athletic program, but the campus is beautiful, IMO.

Yeah, I like the campus, it is nice.

Over40 is reading the Princeton Review? :scared:

and not just because i hate the school, but i've always thought the chapel hill campus was ugly. they intentionally make their NEW bulidings look 200 years OLD. wtf?

They obtain that look b/c they were chartered over 200 years ago, so they continue to build aesthetically as to what was originally there. I’m not saying I agree with it, but they have more justification to a school that tries that sits between 29 and 49.

The giant shoe IS gone, but I think the saxophone-guitar is still around. I honestly liked the giant shoe. And the bush shark. It was that stupid rectangle thing in between Rowe and Winningham that always bothered me.

Over40 is reading the Princeton Review? :scared:
A friend of mine that's a chapel hill grad sent me the link. He's always said the State campus is the ugliest in the country.

I’ve never noticed an abundance of scenery any time I’ve ever been on the State campus.

I’m usually in Raleigh visiting buddies like 5-6 times a year and yes I agree their campus truly does suck ass.

I agree with Job about the chaper hill campus too. I’ve only been there once and it did not impress me at all.

[QUOTE=HP49er;332214]Over40 can read? :scared:[/QUOTE]
Fixed.

[QUOTE=SteauA;332324]I’m usually in Raleigh visiting buddies like 5-6 times a year and yes I agree their campus truly does suck ass.

I agree with Job about the chaper hill campus too. I’ve only been there once and it did not impress me at all.[/QUOTE]

There’s a stark difference between the Raleigh and Chapel Hill campuses. State’s campus seems all brick while there’s lots of green on the Chapel Hill campus. Of course, I haven’t been on the State campus in almost a decade so it may have changed. I do know the SCENERY is pretty damn good in Chapel Hill though. My buddy who went to State said State’s SCENERY was getting better but I’d have to see for myself to confirm. :biggrin:

neither campus really appeals to me.

I went to state when I was looking at schools and the first thing I thought was “dang this place is ugly.”