NCAA D1 Coaches salaries

http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=408247

Don’t have facts to back it up, but I’m led to believe Lutz makes minimum wage, compared to these guys.

Tubby Smith Kentucky $1.9 million
Tom Crean Marquette $1.65 million
Rick Pitino Louisville $1.64 million
Tom Izzo Michigan State $1.6 million
Jim Calhoun Connecticut $1.4-$1.5 million
Mike Krzyzewski Duke $1.4 million
Roy Williams North Carolina $1.4 million

If Lutz deserves it or not…IMO, these salaries illustrated how far behind the 8 ball Charlotte is in trying to compete.

all those coaches have national titles, or at least final fours.

all those coaches have national titles, or at least final fours.

You’re lying!!! :ohmy:

what is lutz’s salary?

I thought someone said something about 400k… I dont know if it was his salary or his bonus or something?

That’s pretty damn good. It’s not like we’re a highly successful team with a large fanbase. I can’t imagine many of the other coaches in the A-10 even getting that.

Dont qoute me on it, I just remember reading it somewere on here… anyone else see it?

I thought someone said something about 400k.... I dont know if it was his salary or his bonus or something?
I think I was the one who told you that, and I believe I specifically mentioned to not quote me. :lol:

Did u really tell me?

Did u really tell me?
Yes?

Bad memory?

I could of swore I read it on one of these threads.

I’ll tell you right now this is BS:Jim Boeheim Syracuse $377,387 I’m not sure you can say any of those coaches don’t deserve what they are getting, relative to what they are bringing back in. It’s not Lutz’s fault that the school isn’t raking in Kentucky-type money, but, that’s life - you can’t pay someone a million a year if the department can’t afford it. We are behind the eight ball in so many more ways than just coach’s salary … including not even funding our sports up to each’s limit.

Malik El Tamir makes $3.2 billion/year as a soldier of fortune.

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica][SIZE=2][QUOTE]Peterson had a total compensation package of about $850,000, and Tennessee reportedly was willing to pay more for his successor.[/QUOTE]

If they were willing to pay that much for Bobby at UT, I doubt he made only 400k here, unless he turned down a $400k a year raise…
[/SIZE][/FONT]

[QUOTE=Pork Chop;161981]Malik El Tamir makes $3.2 billion/year as a soldier of fortune.[/QUOTE]
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :thumbsup:

Bobby “removed his name from consideration”, which is sports business code for “was told he would be passed over and was allowed to bow out gracefully rather than coming in second.”

At least, that is my take on it and I’m sure a few others posted the same thing around when it happened, as I recall.

[QUOTE=Gill2003;161948]I thought someone said something about 400k… I dont know if it was his salary or his bonus or something?[/QUOTE]

I have been told that his salary is somewhere in the range of $500-600K. He was making over $400K when he was hired after Watkins.

That is still alot of money for a coach who can’t produce in March. I would love to make that kind of money and stop working the last two months of every year at my current job.

[QUOTE=49erWhit;162000]I have been told that his salary is somewhere in the range of $500-600K. He was making over $400K when he was hired after Watkins.

That is still alot of money for a coach who can’t produce in March. I would love to make that kind of money and stop working the last two months of every year at my current job.[/QUOTE]

Damn, shows what I know. I was led to believe he was in the 200-300K range (maybe thats just his base salary).

If he’s making 400+ (total compensation package), the fans deserve more success in the month of March.

I thought someone said something about 400k.... I dont know if it was his salary or his bonus or something?

Lutz has making 400k in 2000. He’s making more than 500k today.

[CENTER][FONT=Arial][COLOR=darkgreen]Charlotte Observer, The (NC)[/COLOR][/FONT][/CENTER]
[FONT=Arial][COLOR=darkgreen]April 22, 2001[/COLOR][/FONT][FONT=Arial]
[/FONT][COLOR=darkgreen][FONT=Arial]Section: [/FONT][FONT=Arial]SPORTS[/FONT][/COLOR][FONT=Arial]
[/FONT][COLOR=darkgreen][FONT=Arial]Edition: [/FONT][FONT=Arial]ONE-THREE[/FONT][/COLOR][FONT=Arial]
[/FONT][COLOR=darkgreen][FONT=Arial]Page: [/FONT][FONT=Arial]2H[/FONT][/COLOR]

[CENTER][FONT=Arial][COLOR=darkgreen]COMMENTARY[/COLOR][/FONT][FONT=Arial]
[/FONT][FONT=Arial][COLOR=darkgreen]STAN OLSON, Staff Writer[/COLOR][/FONT]

[COLOR=darkgreen][FONT=Arial]Charlotte[/FONT][FONT=Arial] athletics director Judy Rose is doing her darndest to keep Bobby Lutz as basketball coach. [/FONT][/COLOR]
[FONT=Arial][COLOR=darkgreen]It isn’t easy these days; if you’re good, other schools notice quickly and start throwing money at you. Louisville hired Rick Pitino for an annual salary in the $1.5 million range. Fellow Conference USA members Cincinnati (Bob Huggins) and Memphis (John Calipari) already pay their coaches about $1 million a year.[/COLOR][/FONT]

[FONT=Arial][COLOR=darkgreen]Rose is in the process of sweetening Lutz’ compensation package. [/COLOR][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][COLOR=darkgreen]In three years as coach of the 49ers, Lutz’s financial package has steadily increased, reaching almost $400,000 last season. [/COLOR][/FONT]
[COLOR=darkgreen][FONT=Arial]Lutz[/FONT][FONT=Arial], who is 62-38 at Charlotte, finished the past season with four years left on his contract. Then fans heard his name mentioned with vacancies at South Carolina and Wake Forest, although neither school apparently had him on its “A” list. [/FONT][/COLOR]
[FONT=Arial][COLOR=darkgreen]If Lutz keeps winning, he’ll start showing up on “A” lists soon enough, and Rose hopes to prevent that. She’s currently in talks with her coach to extend that contract to seven years and increase its worth possibly above $500,000 annually, although money would have to be raised to make that happen. [/COLOR][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][COLOR=darkgreen]Nothing, of course, guarantees Lutz won’t leave if N.C. State or Clemson call, but Rose wants to make his decision a difficult one. And, at the same time, prevent her university from becoming known as the Tulsa of the East, a program that breeds good basketball coaches and then sends them on to bigger things.[/COLOR][/FONT]

[CENTER][FONT=Arial][COLOR=darkgreen]Copyright (c) 2001 The Charlotte Observer[/COLOR][/FONT][/CENTER]

[/CENTER]

Great find. Bobby hook a brother up with a Benjamin :slight_smile: