NCAA Investigation of UNC-CH

[quote=“contemptor, post:36, topic:23567”]Being silent isn’t the answer. But it’s kind of like bickering to your friends about your teacher in middle school, rather than your parents or the principal. I thought Ace (clt?) was funny his first few posts, but once he drove it into the ground a year later it got pretty lame. Those that know me know I hate the ACC/UNC/Observer/Walmart fans, I just don’t go to NNN and post endless venting/bitterness about it into every other thread. I’m pretty sure some people here put more passion into hating UNC and the observer than into building up our program. Sorry, but that is pathetic.

But whatever, if I’m that outnumbered I won’t reference it again.[/quote]

I hear ya. I understand how it can get old. I get annoyed with stuff on here too, I just know I’m in the extremely small minority on that so I have really never spoken up.

I think you gotta keep in mind, it is a whole lot easier to complain about the bad that IS going on as opposed to discussing your dreams and ideas for what would make the school/program better. I don’t think it is too pathetic because the stuff that has gone on and is going on is really quite absurd and I can see how it would really bother people.

I don’t think getting on them is really necessary though. I would just ignore it and if that is what the thread has turned into and you are actually interested in the topic, be persistent in getting it back on topic. I think the same thing happened with football. It got old, but people still complained about it. Eventually things changed. A lot of it was preaching to the choir, but it is the choir who did something about it and will have to in this situation as well.

I agree tho, it would be better to talk about things that could improve our situation. We need a better alumni group and we need a PAC and all that stuff. I just have a feeling if you start a thread on it, it might not get much play. We know what to complain about, but what the answers are or how to make them come about isn’t quite as easy.

this!!! 100%!!! absolutely!!!

[quote=“contemptor”][quote=“49or bust , post:33, topic:23567”]
Dang contemptor. I never realized you were such a UNC homer.[/quote]
Can’t tell whether you’re being serious or sarcastic :o . I hate them but don’t make it a livestyle to hate them, especially when it’s not like they’re even a rival.[/quote][b][i][u]

The exact same words virtually every student replies with when criticized for wearing UNC gear on campus.

Just saying…[/u][/i][/b]

[quote=“Lew, post:43, topic:23567”][quote=“contemptor”][quote=“49or bust , post:33, topic:23567”]
Dang contemptor. I never realized you were such a UNC homer.[/quote]
Can’t tell whether you’re being serious or sarcastic :o . I hate them but don’t make it a livestyle to hate them, especially when it’s not like they’re even a rival.[/quote][b][i][u]

The exact same words virtually every student replies with when criticized for wearing UNC gear on campus.

Just saying…[/u][/i][/b][/quote]
Wearing college gear (rival or not) on campus that’s not 49ers gear is supporting another school on Charlotte’s campus. It disgusts me. I’ve booed those guys out of the stands at the bball games with the rest of you. But that comment doesn’t apply to the situation I was referring to. I was just referring to the hate for them everywhere on these boards. In contrast, I approve to the Davidson hate because we actually play them (well… we did play them) and they were the closest thing we had to a rival. Besides that I guess there’s just GW in second. Yet the school we don’t play is brought up on these forums more than any school we do play, go figure. But anyways, my comments were mainly meant to be focused on the observer, Ace just annoys me because he’s not funny anymore.

I’m done with this topic and thread now I promise… you guys do what you want.

Folks this must be serious as I see over at the Charlotte Observer/Chapel Hill war room they brought out the Nose.

Interesting take from the Wolfpack side of things…

http://riddickandreynolds.wordpress.com/2010/07/19/news-and-observer-missing-golden-opportunity/

UNC-CH isn’t a rival Contemptor? WTF? Yeah, they’re not A rival, they’re THE rival!

I do suggest positives for the school like a Law & Med School. Hold on! Wait a minute. Doesn’t UNC-CH currently have a plan on hold to build a Med School in our back yard, plus UNCA’s? Isn’t UNC-CH getting a 2nd Pharm School that blocked a 1st for UNCG?

Thanks for the complement.

And I aint got no idea if Im write or wrong. But I think contemptor has got a chip on his shoulder. And that dont make no since cause I think he is a UNC fan just like me.

clt says “Jus got to DC an I’m feeln a shopn spree … nobody gon be fresh as ME!!!”

http://www.newsobserver.com/2010/07/20/589864/austins-twitter-account-sheds.html

clt says someone needs to send this to deadspin.

[quote=“cltniners, post:49, topic:23567”]clt says “Jus got to DC an I’m feeln a shopn spree … nobody gon be fresh as ME!!!”

http://www.newsobserver.com/2010/07/20/589864/austins-twitter-account-sheds.html

clt says someone needs to send this to deadspin.[/quote]

i promise the ncaa will look like the bad guys in this investigation. they never looked like the bad guys when our players were inelligible.

Last month, three UNC basketball players – sophomores Dexter Strickland and John Henson and junior Larry Drew II – posted messages on their Twitter accounts suggesting that a Tar Heels coach told them they needed to tone down their Twitter messages because they were offending people.

Little, Sr. said he has warned his son, who recently disabled his Twitter account, about sharing too much information online. Little had more than 1,400 followers and posted more than 1,700 updates on his account before taking it down.[left]
Read more: http://www.newsobserver.com/2010/07/20/589864/austins-twitter-account-sheds.html#ixzz0uHTN46yL[/left]

I wish our coaches would tell some of our players to tone down their messages.

[quote=“cdsniner, post:51, topic:23567”]

Last month, three UNC basketball players – sophomores Dexter Strickland and John Henson and junior Larry Drew II – posted messages on their Twitter accounts suggesting that a Tar Heels coach told them they needed to tone down their Twitter messages because they were offending people.

Little, Sr. said he has warned his son, who recently disabled his Twitter account, about sharing too much information online. Little had more than 1,400 followers and posted more than 1,700 updates on his account before taking it down.
Read more: http://www.newsobserver.com/2010/07/20/589864/austins-twitter-account-sheds.html#ixzz0uHTN46yL

I wish our coaches would tell some of our players to tone down their messages.[/quote]

i agree. maybe that will happen now.

[quote=“cltniners, post:49, topic:23567”]clt says “Jus got to DC an I’m feeln a shopn spree … nobody gon be fresh as ME!!!”

clt says someone needs to send this to deadspin.[/quote]

Somebody on the UNC board done said this hole investigation aint noting but a witch hunt cause the NCAA HATES UNC.

[quote=“cdsniner, post:51, topic:23567”]

Little, Sr. said he has warned his son, who recently disabled his Twitter account, about sharing too much information online. Little had more than 1,400 followers and posted more than 1,700 updates on his account before taking it down.
Read more: http://www.newsobserver.com/2010/07/20/589864/austins-twitter-account-sheds.html#ixzz0uHTN46yL

I wish our coaches would tell some of our players to tone down their messages.[/quote]

I hope someone is keeping an eye on these things in the AD.

I’m very biased against Chapel Hill (and the ACC) so I haven’t commented in this thread. But I’m amazed at the lack of attention this story is getting.

When Calipari was alleged to have allowed Derrick Rose’s brother travel with the team for free, it was a big story and a serious allegation. And Kelvin Sampson was mocked by everyone for his impermissible phone calls violation. Indiana still hasn’t recovered from Sampson’s impermissible phone calls.

So when I’m hearing things about the Tar Heels - like blatant bribes with stacks of cash and players receiving gifts like a 5 bedroom house coming from a school representative — I’m hearing allegations on an entirely different level. And, yet, it’s a story that is inconceivably swept under the rug. NC State fans also make a valid point about the intense scrutiny that they received by the North Carolina media under Valvano (including 2 years of probation), which happened despite having been investigated and having been cleared of any NCAA violations. The scrutiny that Valvano received as coach/AD of NC State was so intense at the time, that Jeff Mullins was pressured into giving up his AD position here at Charlotte just to avoid any comparisons with Jimmy V.

This is a great example of how Chapel Hill is allowed to play under an entirely different set of rules than everybody else.

I’ve seen this mentioned numerous times on ESPN, specifically Mike & Mike, so this story is getting picked up and covered. I’m sure it’s not to some peoples liking, but it’s out there. I’m sure as more news comes out it will get bigger, especially with football season approaching.

I think people are complaining more about local media coverage, not the national coverage.

I remember the O’s coverage on State back in the 80s. It was harsh and unrelenting. I recall because I had a good friend that was a state fan and every morning there was some more trash to throw at him.

Survivor 45, don’t you know that CH’s sh*t don’t stink? That’s why the O ignores it. :))

Yep, you’d think I would have learned by now! ;D

Now the NC Secretary of State is involved. Funny how quick they are to jump on this.

http://abclocal.go.com/wtvd/story?section=news/local&id=7567763