NCAA - Is winning the Tourny the only way?

How can we make it into the NCAA Tourny? Would 21-10 be good enough beating 11 or so top 100 teams along the way?

If we lose in the A10 Championship game, do we have a chance of getting into the NCAA Tourny? We have had a great close of the season and I know they look at the last month of play really hard.

Like to hear your input on how we can make it into the NCAA if you know it better then me!

[QUOTE=ninersfan99;304542]If we lose in the A10 Championship game, do we have a chance of getting into the NCAA Tourny?[/QUOTE]
No. Only way is 4 wins in 4 days.

[QUOTE=ninersfan99;304542]If we lose in the A10 Championship game, do we have a chance of getting into the NCAA Tourny?[/QUOTE] Yes. Outside Chance. Depends on many other circumstances.

We’ve been in every game that we lost… except for 2 or 3.

but then again, we never blew anyone out either, except 2 or 3.

MUST win it all!

no way. We [I]have [/I]to win it all.

Let’s stop this talk… I like our position: Nothing to lose. Nobody expects us to win but ourselves. We are [I]dangerous[/I]… and I love it.

no way. We [I]have [/I]to win it all.

Let’s stop this talk… I like our position: Nothing to lose. Nobody expects us to win but ourselves. We are dangerous… and I love it.

We do have to win it all. But know what? We have beaten everyone’s preseason expectations now. So, like thelew says, what is there to lose? Have fun out there…

I think if we lose in the championship game, it would be good enough to get us back in the bubble conversation but we won’t get in. We would be 1 or 2 wins short which would make the Monmouth and Hofstra games sting that much more.

No chance. Gotta win it all. The only scenario would be for an A-10 championship game visit and ALL the bubble teams to go out in the first round of their tounaments and that won’t happen just to get you to bubble talk.

That being said, a win tonight gets you in serious NIT consideration I believe.

No chance. Gotta win it all. The only scenario would be for an A-10 championship game visit and ALL the bubble teams to go out in the first round of their tounaments and that won't happen just to get you to bubble talk.

That being said, a win tonight gets you in serious NIT consideration I believe.

we are 79 RPI right now.
not even close to bubble

Take a away Monmouth…

I know we all wish there was another way, but theres not. We have to win this tournament. Lets take care of business tonight. One game at a time.

Realistically, I think we have to win it all in the A10. However, we’re currently 78 in the RPI. There are a lot of what if scenarios out there. If we win tonight, also wins tonight by Wake, Clemson, GT, Maryland, Tulsa and Temple would all help our RPI. If we finished top 50 in the RPI with 10 top 100 RPI wins then we should be a bubble team.

too many other bubble teams 4 and you are in.

If we win tonight, also wins tonight by Wake, Clemson, GT, Maryland, Tulsa and Temple would all help our RPI.
you are leaning.

really - who asked if we could make the Big Dance without winning the the A-10 ??!!
but we could win the NIT!!

How can we make it into the NCAA Tourny? Would 21-10 be good enough..

We have 12 losses.

[QUOTE=Chisox17;304657]We have 12 losses.[/QUOTE]

see thats the type of inside information I have been looking for!:tongue:

Monmouth and Hofstra, Enough said…so no its gunna take 4 wins in 4 days…

If we had done the exact same stuff in a BCS conference I would say yes, but we are A10 and A10 seems to be getting no respect at all this March so, no, we cannot get an at-large bid IMO.

Okay, maybe there is a 1% chance if we lose to X in the final game and it is like super close but I think that’s it. We might even need to beat the crap out of our next two opponents for this scenario to work.

Yes, it is, but that’s nothing to be ashamed of this season. If we go to the finals and win a close game, we’ll get on the TV for bubble talks for a good 15 seconds before being dismissed.