NCAA - Is winning the Tourny the only way?

We might even need to beat the crap out of our next two opponents for this scenario to work.

Not going to happen!

Itā€™s all or nothingā€¦

We shouldnā€™t be allowed in even if we win the tourney. We lost to Monmouth and Hofstra, probably two of the worst losses in school history.

We shouldn't be allowed in even if we win the tourney. We lost to Monmouth and Hofstra, probably two of the worst losses in school history.
If we won out we'd be around the 50s in RPI. We'd have 11 (8+3) wins over the RPI top 100, and we'd have 22 wins. The committee takes less consideration over early season losses, too (aka Monmouth).

Kentucky lost to Gardner-Webb, and theyā€™ll be in the tournament, too.

[QUOTE=eason49;304696]If we won out weā€™d be around the 50s in RPI. [/QUOTE]
If we win out, then the RPI is a moot point.

If we won out we'd be around the 50s in RPI. We'd have 11 (8+3) wins over the RPI top 100, and we'd have 22 wins. The committee takes less consideration over early season losses, too (aka Monmouth).

Kentucky lost to Gardner-Webb, and theyā€™ll be in the tournament, too.

I agree with the 50 RPI and top 100 wins, but if we win out out it doesnā€™t matter. Weā€™d get an automatic bid.

you are leaning.

??? You mean stretching? In my original post I said I donā€™t think it will happen. But I donā€™t see whatā€™s wrong with also thinking positive. There are a lot of games left to play. If we get inside 50 in the RPI and we have 10 top 100 RPI wins, I think it would make things interesting.

The big question is whether the committee will decide to reward the A10 for being more competitive as a whole.

We shouldn't be allowed in even if we win the tourney. We lost to Monmouth and Hofstra, probably two of the worst losses in school history.
They are early season losses for a team with a ton of new people. Considering what we have done on the positive end, these losses can be somewhat forgiven (maybe not by the fans tho). Had we lost to either a month or two later, it would be a different story.

[QUOTE=49erLotti;304673]Monmouth and Hofstra, Enough saidā€¦so no its gunna take 4 wins in 4 daysā€¦[/QUOTE]

Welcome to NNN. As for the Monhof incidentā€¦ The NCAA is not wieghing the begining of the season as heavy. I have heard enough to get the impression that they are blemishes, but not gaping wounds.

[QUOTE=ConcordNiners;304686]We shouldnā€™t be allowed in even if we win the tourney. We lost to Monmouth and Hofstra, probably two of the worst losses in school history.[/QUOTE]
Welcome to NNN. This has been discussed already. Not worst two losses. Two words, Southern Mississippi. Sorry guys, he made me do it! I was there, and feel the pain, but it had to be said. Glad you feel so good about the team that our 19 wins (including 8 wins in the top 100) mean nothing compared to two games at the begining of the season. Credibility -10

[QUOTE=ConcordNiners;304686]We lost to Monmouth and Hofstra, probably two of the worst losses in school history.[/QUOTE]
Not even close. I was present for home losses to Eckerd and Florida Southern. If those two Sunshine State institutions of higher learning donā€™t sound familiar, itā€™s because neither is Division I!

Iā€™ve followed the team all year, they are two really bad loses. We have done much better since then, but losing to Fordham was a really big setback as was losing twice to Richmond. Sure, the two loses were earlier in the year, but both of those were RPI killers. We should be 21-10 right now, in fact, we should have won at least 3 other games where we blew leads at the end (Dayton and Richmond for example). Iā€™m not saying we are a sucky team, but we are not an NCAA tournament team with a RPI that low and SOS just barely in the top 100. Those impressive wins have been offset by loses to Monmouth, Hofstra, Tulsa and Fordham.

All I am saying is that we are not a tourament team, plus I never said anything about not being glad for our team. Iā€™ve been to all but two home games this year (G-Webb and Temple), so donā€™t tell me that I donā€™t feel good about our team, which is vastly improved from last year.

I agree with the 50 RPI and top 100 wins, but if we win out out it doesn't matter. We'd get an automatic bid.
But he said we wouldn't [U]deserve[/U] it, but with those stats, I think we would.

[QUOTE=run49er;304787]Not even close. I was present for home losses to Eckerd and Florida Southern. If those two Sunshine State institutions of higher learning donā€™t sound familiar, itā€™s because neither is Division I![/QUOTE]

I never said they were THE worst losses in school history, I said they were two of the worst losses.

Hereā€™s my take. We are only 7 wins away from playing in the Final 4.

I've followed the team all year, they are two really bad loses. We have done much better since then, but losing to Fordham was a really big setback as was losing twice to Richmond. Sure, the two loses were earlier in the year, but both of those were RPI killers. [B]We should be 21-10 right now,[/B] in fact, we should have won at least 3 other games where we blew leads at the end (Dayton and Richmond for example). I'm not saying we are a sucky team, but we are not an NCAA tournament team with a RPI that low and SOS just barely in the top 100. Those impressive wins have been offset by loses to Monmouth, Hofstra, Tulsa and Fordham.

All I am saying is that we are not a tourament team, plus I never said anything about not being glad for our team. Iā€™ve been to all but two home games this year (G-Webb and Temple), so donā€™t tell me that I donā€™t feel good about our team, which is vastly improved from last year.

Wow. Do me a favor, and go back to the preseason polls.

If you want to talk about where we ā€œshould beā€ā€¦we ā€œshould beā€ near the bottom of the league.

Our fans are so ridiculous. Dare I say idiots.

[QUOTE=gotLutz;304799]Wow. Do me a favor, and go back to the preseason polls.

If you want to talk about where we ā€œshould beā€ā€¦we ā€œshould beā€ near the bottom of the league.

Our fans are so ridiculous. Dare I say idiots.[/QUOTE]

Wowā€¦lets go back to the beginning of the season? That is purely speculation and that doesnā€™t mean ****. Monmouth and Hofstra are games we donā€™t lose. You want to talk about speculation though, and call me an idiot? Wow! Thanks for ignoring my whole post though and comment on something really stupid.

You are the one saying iā€™m not proud of UNCC simply because I said they had two bad losses. Sorry, iā€™m just an un-biased fan, and donā€™t think they deserve to be in the NCAA tourney.

Wow...lets go back to the beginning of the season? That is purely speculation and that doesn't mean ****. Monmouth and Hofstra are games we don't lose. You want to talk about speculation though, and call me an idiot? Wow! Thanks for ignoring my whole post though and comment on something really stupid.

The question is, ConcordNiners, can YOUR Tarholes still make the Tourney? I mean, as a guy who CHEERS FOR CHAPEL HILL, Iā€™d like to hear your opinion on the GLORIOUS UNC-CH TARHEELS instead of all this meaningless banter about some stupid commuter school that doesnā€™t even have football.

I just re-read my post, and I donā€™t see anything about UNC in it. I also donā€™t see anything about Football either. Maybe I need glasses?

No, see, Iā€™m intentionally making fun of you for liking UNC-CH even though it isnā€™t relevant because itā€™s funnier and because I want other people on this board to be aware of it.

Also, I actually do wear glasses, so the jokeā€™s on you.

I just re-read my post, and I don't see anything about UNC in it. I also don't see anything about Football either. Maybe I need glasses?
Dude, what the hell is with that avatar?