NCAA Transfer Rules

So basically what USC already did in landing ex-Pitt WR Jordan Addison a couple of months ago.

1 Like

I think we are about this close to the P2 instituting a G5 draft.

I mean at this point we might as well just pay the players so schools can lock guys up.

I wish I was completely joking instead of only half joking.

:man_facepalming:

On the bright side this will take things off the cliff faster.

How long before th NFL adds two wildcard spots for 'Bama and whoever :thinking:

Would be cool watching Bama get their ass kicked for a change!

1 Like

Pretty soon they will be able to transfer at halftime.

2 Likes

Hell they’ll probably just switch teams during the middle of a play. I don’t wanna play defense. I wanna be on the team with the ball.

1 Like

I guess the old transfer rules primarily applied to FBS football since there have been a number of hoopsters who have played for 3-4 schools, as we know so well.

I’m just waiting to see eligibility years come up next. Why should athletes only get x number of years?

I hate to be the old stick in the mud party pooper but this feels borderline inappropriate for institutions of higher learning who’s main goal is to educate their student athletes.

Pretty hard to earn a degree in 4 years at four different institutions.

And when I say borderline inappropriate I mean batsh!t crazy.

4 Likes

I’m old too and it’s over as far as what we remember. I’m about done caring, there’s just no chance for schools like us

4 Likes

I didn’t mind the immediate eligibility transfer, but the unlimited is just going to be a mess.

1 Like

How do coaches have any control over a player base that can nope out at any point, repeatedly, without any consequences?

Their egos are already tough enough to deal with.

1 Like

Interesting Enough this is where nil can actually help. Sign a kid to an nil and make it a 2/4 year contract and they have to pay it back if they leave, maybe pay it back at a higher amount if they break contract.

You aren’t going to have success with that, especially the 100%+ reimbursement.

The NIL deals I have read about are annual.

1 Like

That is Right now - if I am offering an NIL with these transfer rules and I am a booster I def would entertain putting some additional wording in there. My point is everything so far with the changes has been in the players favor - at some point that is gonna tilt the other way.

Yup instead of signing a contract with the team/school you’ll be signing one with the NIL booster.

2 Likes