NCAA Transfer Rules

1 Like

But boosters aren’t trying to lure volleyball players, soccer players or other non-revenue sport athletes away from their current schools with NIL deals. Basketball & football are the only sports where athletes are constantly tempted to leave for greener pastures every season.

2 Likes

clt says Lane is correct again

3 Likes

MBB as of 7-14:

Yup which means they are in contact they just can’t admit it.

Ruiz certainly isn’t keeping his contacts a secret.

Do we think this is a temporary situation caused by all the extra eligibility from the COVID year?

2 Likes

Baseball transfers have 2 windows now:

The deadline to enter your transfer paperwork in 2023 will be July 13 for the first window.

The second window for spring student-athletes will be December 1-15.

As relates to college football:

2 Likes

Wow. That is an amazingly high chance of losing your spot.

I wonder how many of those equate to lost scholarships vs. walk on players looking for a new home and a ride.

Bottom line. That looks real risky.

First thing I thought about was lost scholarships. Throwing away free money is not smart. I really wish some of these players had better advisors.

Everyone thinks their just one good opportunity away from playing in the NFL. I myself am still waiting on NASA to get back to me about being an astronaut on the next shuttle mission.

Part of the issue is they get bad advice from family, friends etc. about what they “should” get in regards to exposure, playing time etc.

1 Like